Author Topic: Revenge319's relatively normal roulette: Love list complete! (FINAL RESULTS)  (Read 61406 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Revenge319's relatively normal roulette: Bound to go awry? (R2 results 2/3)
« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2020, 10:30:03 AM »
I almost had to do a spit take at someone liking FNC more than White Pearl or Draw Me.

Yep.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2020, 11:11:18 AM »
Well, this ought to be interesting if everything is going to be compared against Dream Theater and the other 5 banned artists!   :lol

Guess I was wrong... everything's gonna be compared to Nightwish.   :lol

:lol I can't wait for Round 3 where I unintentionally compare every submission to East of the Wall or something.

Oh God help me.

:youfail:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2020, 11:47:49 AM »
Well, this ought to be interesting if everything is going to be compared against Dream Theater and the other 5 banned artists!   :lol

Guess I was wrong... everything's gonna be compared to Nightwish.   :lol

:lol I can't wait for Round 3 where I unintentionally compare every submission to East of the Wall or something.
hell yes  :rollin

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »
I almost had to do a spit take at someone liking FNC more than White Pearl or Draw Me.

Yep.
Almost as if you have to adjust roulette entries to the runner's personal taste :hat WPBO and Draw Me are my #1 and #4 but I think FNC is in my top 10 in all honesty.

then again I'm talking a lot of shit for someone who's about to totally wing it for round three
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:48:57 PM by MoraWintersoul »

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #809 on: October 20, 2020, 01:45:56 PM »

Yep.
Almost as if you have to adjust roulette entries to the runner's personal taste :hat

then again I'm talking a lot of shit for someone who's about to totally wing it for round three

Shit talking is 3/4 of the fun.   :tup

(And given my typical place in most of these - last place or within shouting distance of last - your performance has nothing to do with it!)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:20:22 AM by Stadler »

Online Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #810 on: October 20, 2020, 07:25:06 PM »
Slightly unrelated to the roulette itself, but I listened to the whole of the album "The Apologist". There were a couple weak tracks in the last third, but I've only heard those songs once and they could very well grow on me. Overall, though, it's a really great album. Thank you to Cyril for sending (half of) this album to me!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: October 22, 2020, 03:52:06 AM »
Was hoping to wake up to results.

Is disappointed.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #812 on: October 22, 2020, 07:07:45 AM »
I just sent the three worst songs from one of the greatest bands in the history of hard rock.  SO excited.  ;)

Offline romdrums

« Reply #813 on: October 22, 2020, 08:09:22 AM »
While we are waiting for the final results of this round, I figured I'd ask a question.  Did anyone else get Spotify solely for the purpose of roulette participation?  I really don't use it for anything else.  For me, I feel like I've worked hard at curating my music library, so, over the course of my day, I listen to stuff through iTunes, because I have my music library synced with my mobile devices, and it's commercial free.  I was wondering because I use spotify strictly for building roulette playlists.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #814 on: October 22, 2020, 08:14:01 AM »
While we are waiting for the final results of this round, I figured I'd ask a question.  Did anyone else get Spotify solely for the purpose of roulette participation?  I really don't use it for anything else.  For me, I feel like I've worked hard at curating my music library, so, over the course of my day, I listen to stuff through iTunes, because I have my music library synced with my mobile devices, and it's commercial free.  I was wondering because I use spotify strictly for building roulette playlists.

Me (or discographies, like UFO and Tull).

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: October 22, 2020, 08:25:10 AM »

Nah... I've had it ever since they launched it in Canada.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #816 on: October 22, 2020, 08:26:27 AM »
I've paid for Spotify since early 2012 but I probably wouldn't have ever participated in roulettes without already being a member of a streaming service. I can't imagine possibly participating or running a roulette without the help of something like that because of all the work involved
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #817 on: October 22, 2020, 08:37:28 AM »
Yeah I used to have a very curated music library but in the last few years I've ended up using Spotify more and more and barely touching my mp3 player :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #818 on: October 22, 2020, 08:38:02 AM »
What's different between the pay and the free? 

Online HOF

« Reply #819 on: October 22, 2020, 08:48:52 AM »

I signed up for a free account solely for the purpose of tracking down an obscure song I used to hear on our local radio station that I couldn’t find anywhere else. Since then, I’ve only used it to send music in roulettes.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #820 on: October 22, 2020, 08:57:36 AM »

Well, if you pay for Spotify Premium, its ad-free which is actually huge since ads play after 10 minutes of music and the ads go for like 90-120 seconds until you hear songs again.  Also, the ads aren't really the greatest that you want to hear over and over again.  I'm waiting for a promotional deal that they occasionally use where Premium is $9.99 for 3 months (it's usually $9.99 a month).

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #821 on: October 22, 2020, 09:06:29 AM »

Well, if you pay for Spotify Premium, its ad-free which is actually huge since ads play after 10 minutes of music and the ads go for like 90-120 seconds until you hear songs again.  Also, the ads aren't really the greatest that you want to hear over and over again.  I'm waiting for a promotional deal that they occasionally use where Premium is $9.99 for 3 months (it's usually $9.99 a month).

Yup. Premium benefits include infinite skipping of tracks, no ads, able to listen to music offline, I *think* there's a cap to music you can download on the free version but not the paid one? and also you get higher quality from the paid version if my memory is correct.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Revenge319

« Reply #822 on: October 22, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »
Apologies for letting you guys down again. There's a couple submissions or so that I still need to give a proper rating. It might be a bad idea to keep promising a specific time or day, so I will at least say that the last of the results will come out sooner than later.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #823 on: October 22, 2020, 09:38:07 AM »
Nah it's fine, take your time. I know it is hard to keep up the pace so I just post results when they're done.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #824 on: October 22, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »
Apologies for letting you guys down again. There's a couple submissions or so that I still need to give a proper rating. It might be a bad idea to keep promising a specific time or day, so I will at least say that the last of the results will come out sooner than later.

:soon:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: October 22, 2020, 10:41:16 AM »
I'll send for Round 3 soon as I likely won't be on DTF much until the next weekend due to another bloody business trip.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #826 on: October 22, 2020, 10:43:55 AM »

:soon:

Mine could use a proper rating while you’re at it.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Revenge319

« Reply #827 on: October 24, 2020, 03:16:31 AM »
The last of the submissions have finally been scored, and the results will come out later today! (And about time, too, eh?)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #828 on: October 24, 2020, 04:29:32 AM »
The last of the submissions have finally been scored, and the results will come out later today! (And about time, too, eh?)

Yes.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: October 24, 2020, 04:39:07 AM »

Yes.

What are you doing up so early on a Saturday Chad?
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #830 on: October 24, 2020, 05:14:28 AM »
I sent for round 3, hopefully haven't cock-blocked anyone :angel:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #831 on: October 24, 2020, 05:19:07 AM »

Yes.

What are you doing up so early on a Saturday Chad?

It's my quiet time.  Plus, dog needs to be fed, and then I'm working out.  When you get to my age, you get up at the same time 7 days a week for the most part.  My body and mind don't know how to 'sleep in'.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #832 on: October 24, 2020, 05:19:43 AM »
I sent for round 3, hopefully haven't cock-blocked anyone :angel:

With so many big / tier-1 bands available to use, you probably are.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #833 on: October 24, 2020, 07:17:56 AM »
I have waited with sending until I get this round’s results :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Revenge319

Re: Revenge319's relatively normal roulette: Round 2 results 3/3 (Send for R3!)
« Reply #834 on: October 24, 2020, 01:44:16 PM »
At long last… Round 2 results, 3/3!

HOF
Kip Winger

First impression: It's alright so far, this could grow on me.

Final review: So this one’s a bit interesting. The more I listen to this, the more I feel like this is music I should be really enjoying. And I do enjoy it, but as a whole, I find it merely good, not great. The music usually sticks to a specific kind of mood that I really like, and it feels somewhat complex, too (not in a technical way, just in a well-made way). “Kiss of Life” is probably my favorite song here. It’s slow-paced, but also energetic, and there’s a lot of interesting stuff going on. Together, it all sounds really good. Maybe it will grow on me more at some point, but for now, it’s just on the verge of greatness for me. Same goes for “Broken Open”, which is a mostly upbeat track but with a slow, somewhat ambient intro. The vocals are good, not quite the best in the world, but they fit in really well with the music. I guess it hasn’t grown on me much since my initial impression, but who knows what’ll happen in the future?

Kiss of Life - 7.75/10
Landslide - 7.5/10
Broken Open - 7.75/10
Resurrection - 7.5/10

Roulette score: 7.6

---------------------------

Sacul
Steven Wilson

First impression: Impressive as always.

Final review: I was going to open this with a joke about how Steven Wilson sounds a lot like “that guy from Porcupine Tree”, but then I saw my first impression and realized the joke would be kind of ruined because of it… Oh, well, now I can get straight to the point. Porcupine Tree is great, and I really enjoyed Steven Wilson’s solo album “The Raven That Refused to Sing”. Now, with the songs sent, there have been mixed results, but considering this is Steven Wilson we’re talking about, that just means they’re all at least an 8/10. I’m having a hard time picking my favorite song out of these four, but it would either be “Harmony Korine” or  “Deform To Form A Star”. Harmony Korine has this really eerie but great atmosphere to it. And maybe it’s just because of the music video, but it feels very… sepia, if that makes any sense. As for Deform To Form A Star, it starts off like it’s going to be a minimalist piano ballad, but it turns into something beautiful. I’d say it was the start of something beautiful, but that happened back in 2000 when Porcupine Tree released Lightbulb Sun and gave us songs like Russia on Ice. “Routine” is kind of an interesting one; I really like this song, but I think this song would be better without the female vocalist. Her voice isn’t bad or anything (though it admittedly sounds kind of “generic”, for lack of a better word), but I feel like if it was just Steven singing, it’d add a lot more to the song. But hey, at the end of the day, this is all stuff Steven Wilson made, and Steven Wilson is great. He doesn’t have the midas touch that Dream Theater or Haken have for me, but these songs only serve to make me enjoy him more.

On a side note, I saw a comment on the music video for Routine that said something along the lines of “The feel-good hit of the summer!” and I’ve never simultaneously loved and hated a comment online so much.

Harmony Korine - 8.75/10
Deform To Form A Star - 8.75/10
Routine - 8.5/10
Refuge - 8.25/10

Roulette score: 8.6

Elite
Wilderun

First impression: The harsh vocals feel unnecessary, but disregarding that, there's some interesting stuff here.

Final review: Conceptually, this seems like an interesting band; it’s heavy metal which has what I assume is “folk” elements. And this is more or less the music I expected from a description like that. There’s some cool stuff, but I do think that, except for one song, the harsh vocals could’ve been removed and replaced with clean vocals and the song would be improved. “The Garden of Fire” is a pretty good testament to that. I get that the music is fast-paced and a little thrashy, but I don’t think that kind of style always requires there to be harsh vocals. But when it’s not doing that, the song is actually rather enjoyable to listen to. However! There is one exception to this rule. “The Means to Preserve” manages to make really good use of harsh vocals. This is probably the best song here, regardless of whether those vocals sounded good, but it certainly makes it better that it does. I feel like that’s all I’ve been talking about, so to attempt to diverge from that topic, I will say that The Means to Preserve has a lot of interesting moments. There’s these clean vocals that kind of remind me of Moonsorrow… but we’ll get to that. Oh, we will… So anyway, this band has grown on me slightly. Far from the best sent this round, but there’s no way it could be the worst. By the way, I don’t have much to say about “The Tyranny of Imagination” that I haven’t discussed already, but The Means to Preserve transitions really well into The Tyranny of Imagination, despite them being on different albums.

The Garden of Fire - 7.5/10
Linger - 7.5/10
The Means to Preserve - 8/10
The Tyranny of Imagination - 7.75/10

Roulette score: 7.7

Puppies_On_Acid
Moonsorrow

First impression: If anyone ever tells me that The Ministry of Lost Souls "should've been a 4-minute song", I will write a 100-word essay on why you are wrong.

Final review: Alright, after teasing it a couple times in my writeup for Wilderun, I should talk about my least favorite artist for this round… Moonsorrow. Now, I want to preface this by saying that I don’t think they’re bad or terrible or something like that. They’re not bad at all. However, with the songs I was sent, the thing I thought the most was, “Do these songs really have to be 15+ minutes?” Like, is this the equivalent to what a lot of people are thinking when they listen to A Nightmare to Remember? Anyway, the first song is “Huuto”, and this song is actually quite alright despite its length. There’s some good moments from time to time (key word: moments), though the vocals leave a lot to be desired… But yeah, it’s harmless, and I’d even say it’s strong enough to be considered good. But then there’s the other song, “Jotunheim”… I admit that it’s tempting to be really harsh with this one, but considering I think this song is a 6/10 (as opposed to something significantly lower) it’d probably be unfair, or at least it’d give off the impression that I’m confused on what I think of the song. Anyway, Jotunheim is a song that is 19 minutes and 29 second long. And of those 19-and-a-half minutes, I like this choir-type thing they do with the vocals, there’s occasionally a small little thing I liked, and… that’s about it, really. Everything kinda blends together when the song really gets going (aside from this part with this weird and jarring scream, as well as the part where the part with said scream is reprised), and it’s just not that interesting. But I think the thing that frustrates me more about this song is the ending. After 16 minutes, the song stops. And there’s just birds singing. Towards the end, you do hear a flute and a fireplace, but that’s about it. I mean, it sounds nice, but was it really necessary to dedicate the last three-and-a-half minutes of this song to… this?

But you know what, though? If this is the worst artist I get in this whole roulette, then that’s very impressive. At the same time, though… Yeah, it’s my least favorite artist in this whole roulette so far. Despite the roulette score being higher than KISS, I’d rather listen to KISS than listen to Moonsorrow.

Huuto - 7.25/10
Jotunheim - 6/10

Roulette score: 6.6

romdrums
IQ

First impression: Pretty interesting stuff overall.

Final review: There’s one thing that pops up in my mind when I listen to IQ… Transatlantic. Maybe it’s just me, but this band sounds a lot like Transatlantic in some ways. But hey, that’s not a bad thing! Maybe it would be if this band was awful, but no, IQ is quite good. But to be honest, I’m finding it hard to talk about them beyond that. I think maybe I should’ve listened to these guys a little more (I have listened to every song a few times, but I think I’ve delayed these results for too long now, though), but there’s not much I remember from each of these songs aside from “Sacred Sound”. Which, incidentally, Sacred Sound is my favorite of these songs. Partially because it reminds me the most of Transatlantic, I’m sure, but I do quite enjoy this song disregarding that. The keyboards are especially great, which is generally how it is with the other IQ songs I’ve heard as well. I apologize if this review seems lacking, but that’s about all I have to say. But I will definitely have to check these guys out more, though, they are quite good indeed!

Sacred Sound - 8.25/10
The Road of Bones - 7.75/10
Stay Down - 8/10
The Province of the King - 8.25/10

Roulette score: 8.1

jingle.boy
Pink Floyd

First impression: I think I'm finally starting to "get" this band.

Final review: So, I have heard Pink Floyd’s music before. And contrary to jingle.boy’s humorous comment in his submission message, my mom did try to get me into them a couple years back with the albums Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. But even though it felt like music that I’d love, none of it really interested me. But now, after really listening to these songs, I think I’m finally starting to like this band. “Welcome to the Machine” is a very interesting song. I’m sure it’s about the music industry or expectations from society or something like that, but when I hear “Welcome, my son… Welcome to the machine”, combined with the almost eerie atmosphere, it feels like there’s just something very tragic about the song. Not that the song sounds depressing, though, but I guess what I’m saying is that I really like the opening lyrics. But even though I really like this song, it does have something that I don’t find particularly enjoyable about this band; the sound effects. At the end, there’s just a bunch of people talking and laughing. I imagine it makes sense in the song’s context, but I don’t really care for its inclusion. Similarly, in “Time”, the song starts out with clocks ticking, and then loud alarm clocks go off with bells clanging. I know, it’s called “Time”, but I’d prefer it if they didn’t use such an annoying sound. But that doesn’t detract from my enjoyment of the song, though. It’s a bit odd, though, it has this quiet and somewhat tribal atmosphere, but as soon as the lyrics come in, it’s all fun and upbeat. And then there’s “Comfortably Numb”, which is my favorite. I’ve heard that people love the guitar solos in this song, and while they are quite good… Honestly, I like everything else about the song more. It has a rather sad atmosphere to it, which makes sense considering the lyrics are rather sad, as well. It is such a pleasure to listen to, though. I’ll have to get into Pink Floyd’s discography now (at least for the albums represented here) and see what I think of the other songs now.

Sorrow - 7.75/10
Welcome to the Machine - 8.25/10
Time - 8/10
Comfortably Numb - 8.5/10

Roulette score: 8.1

kingshmegland
Muse

First impression: They're a little better than I remember.

Final review: So I’ve actually heard this band before. Not that I was into them or anything, but my mom LOVES Muse (or at least most of their discography). And my dad utterly despises Muse and says the singer “sounds like a dying cow”. But enough about that, what do I think of them? I’d say they’re good with some hints of greatness. “Time is Running Out” is my favorite; the beginning feels a little out-of-place considering what the rest of the song is, but what I like is how emotional the lyrics and vocals are. That can mostly be said for the other songs that I was sent, but it’s especially prominent here. “Resistance” is quite interesting musically. It’s mostly upbeat, with a catchy chorus, but towards the end of the song it changes to something a little different, with an ambient outro. And then there’s “Supermassive Black Hole”, which blends rock and electronic together really well. The vocals are quite different but still good nonetheless. So yeah, Muse is better than I remembered it being, though maybe that’s an odd thing to say as I don’t really recognize any of these songs.

Time is Running Out - 8/10
Resistance - 7.75/10
Madness - 7.5/10
Supermassive Black Hole - 7.75/10

Roulette score: 7.8

STANDINGS

Cyril:             8.8 + 9.0 = 17.8
425:               8.9 + 8.4 = 17.3
twosuitsluke:      8.6 + 8.6 = 17.2
Evermind:          8.6 + 8.6 = 17.2
Buddyhunter1:      8.9 + 8.0 = 16.9
Sacul:             8.2 + 8.6 = 16.8
romdrums:          8.4 + 8.1 = 16.5
MoraWintersoul:    8.3 + 8.1 = 16.4
TAC:               7.8 + 8.4 = 16.2
kingshmegland:     8.2 + 7.8 = 16.0
jingle.boy:        7.9 + 8.1 = 16.0
Luoto:             8.3 + 7.6 = 15.9
Lethean:           7.7 + 8.2 = 15.9
Elite:             8.1 + 7.7 = 15.8
Nekov:             8.2 + 7.4 = 15.6
Anguyen92:         7.9 + 7.3 = 15.2
HOF:               7.6 + 7.6 = 15.2
Stadler:           6.4 + 8.6 = 15.0
Puppies_On_Acid:   7.8 + 6.6 = 14.4

Well, that’s a weight lifted off my shoulders! Alright, now is the time to send for Round 3 if you haven’t done so yet. Also, there’s quite a bit to keep track of when making the standings, so if any calculations are incorrect or something like that, please let me know and I’ll be sure to adjust it accordingly.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #835 on: October 24, 2020, 01:49:42 PM »
First things first, who sends Steven Wilson when the host has PT and one SW album banned, especially considering that the banned list is only like 10 bands long?

Second, Revenge, I know I had lots of time to send but today has been especially difficult at work so I'll try to get my submission in the next 24 hours.

“Routine” is kind of an interesting one; I really like this song, but I think this song would be better without the female vocalist. Her voice isn’t bad or anything (though it admittedly sounds kind of “generic”, for lack of a better word), but I feel like if it was just Steven singing, it’d add a lot more to the song.

Also what? No way that'd work for me. Ninet is absolutely fantastic on this song.

Online HOF

« Reply #836 on: October 24, 2020, 01:55:07 PM »
At long last… Round 2 results, 3/3!

HOF
Kip Winger

First impression: It's alright so far, this could grow on me.

Final review: So this one’s a bit interesting. The more I listen to this, the more I feel like this is music I should be really enjoying. And I do enjoy it, but as a whole, I find it merely good, not great. The music usually sticks to a specific kind of mood that I really like, and it feels somewhat complex, too (not in a technical way, just in a well-made way). “Kiss of Life” is probably my favorite song here. It’s slow-paced, but also energetic, and there’s a lot of interesting stuff going on. Together, it all sounds really good. Maybe it will grow on me more at some point, but for now, it’s just on the verge of greatness for me. Same goes for “Broken Open”, which is a mostly upbeat track but with a slow, somewhat ambient intro. The vocals are good, not quite the best in the world, but they fit in really well with the music. I guess it hasn’t grown on me much since my initial impression, but who knows what’ll happen in the future?

Kiss of Life - 7.75/10
Landslide - 7.5/10
Broken Open - 7.75/10
Resurrection - 7.5/10

Roulette score: 7.6

Generally positive with an openness to it growing in the future, so I’ll take it! So a lot of people have a dim view of Kip Winger, for some reasons that are understandable and some that are not, but his solo albums are some of my favorites, and I think as you said, complex in a “well-made way” as opposed to technical, which is a trademark of his music. He’s a very high level musician (composes classical music as well, and not just hokey rock with an orchestra stuff, real classical music that has been performed by major symphonies and nominated for a Grammy). He has a tremendous voice but I agree it’s not something showy that you’d necessarily pick up on from what I sent you. Something about these particular tracks that I love is how well put together his bass tracks are. And you have the great Rod Morganstein drumming, which is one of the reasons I wanted to send you Broken Open. I love the drumming on that track.

Songs from the Ocean Floor is a top 5 album of all time for me, so you should at least give that one a full listen when you get a chance. 

Will send round 3 soon!

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Revenge319's relatively normal roulette: Not much to conceal (R2 Hangman)
« Reply #838 on: October 24, 2020, 01:57:52 PM »
Jotunheim :corn

RIP

:lol

Hey Revenge, do you think it'd be possible to add "banned during the roulette" list to the OP? It's usually no problem but as the results are scattered in parts, it becomes a bit of a pain to see if the band was already sent.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #839 on: October 24, 2020, 01:59:08 PM »
more like moresorrow :neverusethis:

i'll be the second to say that "moonsorrow? kinda mid yeah"