Author Topic: Revenge319's relatively normal roulette: Love list complete! (FINAL RESULTS)  (Read 61596 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Revenge319's relatively normal roulette: Organic visions (R3 Hangman)
« Reply #1050 on: November 05, 2020, 09:53:57 AM »
Hydra > Rosanna > Africa

and it's not even close

FTFY

You challenging me to a Toto off?!

Fetch me Boris and Ajax and bring back his body!

Nah fam. Not. Even. Close. Hydra ain't even in the same galactic cluster.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1051 on: November 05, 2020, 09:57:46 AM »
You want a Toto battle and you can't even quote properly? Bro, I will drag you to the roof! To the other end of time! Even when love has come and gone, and our hearts have moved along, I will remember you! WOO!!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1052 on: November 05, 2020, 10:00:11 AM »
I can say that the only EOTW I enjoy, is Eye of the World!

I can live with that.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1053 on: November 05, 2020, 10:18:05 AM »
I feel my love for The Wheel of Time may surpass Parama's love for The Apologist to be fair. I have multiple tattoos  :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1054 on: November 05, 2020, 10:20:23 AM »
I feel my love for The Wheel of Time may surpass Parama's love for The Apologist to be fair. I have multiple tattoos  :lol

I'm not that big of a fan but I've read the whole thing and I discovered Brandon Sanderson (now here's where I'm that big of a fan) because of it so I'm very grateful for the series.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1055 on: November 05, 2020, 10:30:38 AM »
You want a Toto battle and you can't even quote properly? Bro, I will drag you to the roof! To the other end of time! Even when love has come and gone, and our hearts have moved along, I will remember you! WOO!!

First I will kick down the walls, go straight for the heart knowing I won't hold back only to finish you off on the Spanish steps of Rome.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1056 on: November 05, 2020, 10:37:01 AM »

You're gonna need to put some more time in the gym to accomplish this.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline HOF

« Reply #1057 on: November 05, 2020, 10:40:58 AM »

I'm not that big of a fan but I've read the whole thing and I discovered Brandon Sanderson (now here's where I'm that big of a fan) because of it so I'm very grateful for the series.

I read all of these books in high school up until whatever the most recent one was at the time. I was pretty obsessed for a while and it kind of lined up with my initially obsession with Dream Theater actually. I remember really having to fight to get through the last few books I read though. Then Jordan died and I never finished the series. Haven’t done much of any sort of reading outside of school since then. I think I did reread The Eye of The World at one point since then. The first 5 books or so were pretty intense and cool, and then it just seemed like he had no real plan for the series after that.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1058 on: November 05, 2020, 10:41:07 AM »

First I will kick down the walls, go straight for the heart knowing I won't hold back only to finish you off on the Spanish steps of Rome.

But I could be good for you!

I'm gonna need to renew the freaking membership first!  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1059 on: November 05, 2020, 10:44:39 AM »

Oh shit, looks like we got caught in the balance of a Toto throwdown, and I'm hooked.  There might be no end in sight!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1060 on: November 05, 2020, 10:45:10 AM »

But I could be good for you!

I'm gonna need to renew the freaking membership first!  :lol
:rollin :rollin

OMG, this thread just turned into pure gold!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: November 05, 2020, 10:45:58 AM »

Oh shit, looks like we got caught in the balance of a Toto throwdown, and I'm hooked.  There might be no end in sight!

Let it go! There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do to stop us.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1062 on: November 05, 2020, 10:49:09 AM »
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serangetti, this is entertaining as hell.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1063 on: November 05, 2020, 10:53:35 AM »
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serangetti, this is entertaining as hell.

For real. I can't stop loving this. :metal
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: November 05, 2020, 11:22:18 AM »

I oughta drag him and you to the roof bub!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1065 on: November 05, 2020, 11:57:28 AM »

Let it go! There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do to stop us.

100 men could stop you, but not King.  King is Friar Tuck from Rocket Robin Hood - https://youtu.be/y7frmyVLROQ?t=10
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1066 on: November 05, 2020, 12:19:12 PM »

The only Sanderson I've read is the final three WoT books. It's a shame really, as much as I appreciate him finishing off the series,
I just found his writing inferior to Jordan's, and therefore quite jarring. There were just certain characters *cough* Mat, that he just couldn't write in Jordan's style (no easy task). The last three books are so bittersweet  because of that.

I was talking to friend of mine a few weeks ago actually, the one who got me into WoT 17 years ago, and he was raving about Sanderson. I need to get over my issues with Sanderson and read books that were all 100% him.

I'll just finish my current reread of WoT, before the TV series drops, first...

Honest

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1067 on: November 05, 2020, 12:24:19 PM »
I'm really mad about these Toto references. There's nothing bad about our jokes! I'm giving you the only jokes I have  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1068 on: November 05, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »
I'm really mad about these Toto references. There's nothing bad about our jokes! I'm giving you the only jokes I have  :lol

Well Toto is a joke..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #1069 on: November 05, 2020, 05:49:22 PM »
Well... this was certainly an interesting thing to wake up to!

I'll leave you guys to that battle. I don't want to get dragged into the brawl, especially with my lack of knowledge on Toto.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: November 05, 2020, 06:14:47 PM »

Well Toto is a joke..

I'll give you a t minute head start.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1071 on: November 05, 2020, 06:16:08 PM »

Well Toto is a joke..

I'll give you a t minute head start.

Yeah, just think of how far I'd get in t fucking minutes! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1072 on: November 05, 2020, 06:26:13 PM »
T fucking minutes?  You're scared shitless I see. Lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1073 on: November 05, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »

Well Toto is a joke..

Now hold the line here, Mr. Friendly. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1074 on: November 05, 2020, 06:43:11 PM »
That's the one toto pun I get. :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1075 on: November 05, 2020, 06:47:13 PM »
That's the one toto pun I get. :lol
TAC isn't always on time, but when he is, it's to bash Toto and Winger.

Oh, and Power Windows.... :tdwn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: November 05, 2020, 06:51:15 PM »
Well... this was certainly an interesting thing to wake up to!

I'll leave you guys to that battle. I don't want to get dragged into the brawl, especially with my lack of knowledge on Toto.

Guess we know what Walrus is sending Round 4.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1077 on: November 05, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »
Here's a picture of the Walruss clean shaven with Toto.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1078 on: November 06, 2020, 09:08:59 AM »
I wonder whether Parama's love for East of the Wall surpasses Lethean/Katatonia?

I dunno just how much Lethean loves Katatonia, but I'm curious if it's greater than my love for [REDACTED].

The redacted isn't just Dream Theater? :)

Offline Revenge319

« Reply #1079 on: November 06, 2020, 03:10:57 PM »
I wonder whether Parama's love for East of the Wall surpasses Lethean/Katatonia?

I dunno just how much Lethean loves Katatonia, but I'm curious if it's greater than my love for [REDACTED].

Nah, there's no way I have the greatest amount of love for Dream Theater on a Dream Theater forum. I do love Dream Theater a lot, but there's gotta be someone who loves them more than I do. I might love the last two minutes of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence more than anyone else here, though...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: November 06, 2020, 03:56:15 PM »
I'll fight you on that one Revenge

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1081 on: November 06, 2020, 05:48:10 PM »

Nah, there's no way I have the greatest amount of love for Dream Theater on a Dream Theater forum. I do love Dream Theater a lot, but there's gotta be someone who loves them more than I do. I might love the last two minutes of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence more than anyone else here, though...

Well, I didn't mean it like that.  Just that DT's your favorite band, so presumably you're not going to love another band more so it would only make sense for the redacted band to be DT.

(All minutes of Six Degrees are great though; that album is pretty much perfect imo.)

Offline Revenge319

« Reply #1082 on: November 07, 2020, 12:31:17 AM »
I'll fight you on that one Revenge

Oh, well that's fine by me, I'm just glad I found someone else who loves that ending as well.

Well, I didn't mean it like that.  Just that DT's your favorite band, so presumably you're not going to love another band more so it would only make sense for the redacted band to be DT.

(All minutes of Six Degrees are great though; that album is pretty much perfect imo.)

Ahhh, I see what you mean now. But yes, even though Dream Theater is my favorite band, there is something else out that I love, with its quality about equal to Dream Theater. Ultimately, Dream Theater wins between the two solely because A Change of Seasons and Octavarium are my Top 2 favorite songs ever made. To choose my favorite song ever made that isn't Dream Theater or [REDACTED], I'd probably go with either LTE's "When the Water Breaks" or Porcupine Tree's "Anesthetize"... neither of which would even make my Top 10.

Oh, and yes, I agree that Six Degrees is pretty much a perfect album. The only song on there that isn't a 10/10 for me is The Great Debate, but that song's a 9.75/10, which by my method of ratings is the closest you can get to a 10/10 without being a 10/10.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1083 on: November 07, 2020, 12:33:22 AM »
Redacted = Haken  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1084 on: November 07, 2020, 12:34:31 AM »
Haken?