Author Topic: Distant Memories - New live release  (Read 93295 times)

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
Re: All members of DT teasing news
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2020, 12:34:30 AM »
They should do the teasing before announcing there is going to be a live DVD of london's show XD
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2020, 03:23:42 AM »
It's just the way things are done now.

Like those YouTube videos which pop up on your feed but you can't actually watch them for 3 days  :yeahright I hate those so much.

Oh I can watch it in 3 days ? well tell me then. not now. Now I couldn't care less.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »
Pretty certain it's the new live show.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Mladen

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2020, 10:12:47 AM »
Distant Scenes From London
They've just uploaded a photo with caption Distant Scenes. You called it first.  :tup

Offline Trav86

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2020, 10:20:36 AM »
They've just uploaded a photo with caption Distant Scenes. You called it first.  :tup

Distant Memories is what it says.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2020, 10:47:38 AM »
Hope the announcement comes tomorrow (or today), I just don't like announcements for an announcement :lol (nothing against DT, it a promotion strategy I don't like).
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2020, 10:48:48 AM »

Yup, Kotow was the closest and first.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2020, 10:59:37 AM »
Blind Guardian were first in 2015 :P
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2020, 11:07:30 AM »
From Facebook:

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2020, 11:23:24 AM »
Cool. I hope that's the actual cover!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline pg1067

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gzarruk

It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »

Really wicked looking cover. Looking forward to finally getting a new live DT set!

Seems like Paralyzed or Fall Into The Light will be the bonus track. I hope there will be a CD/BD set and not two separate sets for CD/DVD and BD.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 12:32:58 PM »
I bought Live at Luna Park from iTunes and almost never watch it.

Just watched Luna Park this past Saturday for the first time in a few years and man......I forgot how freaking good they sound on that! And, it's a really good set list. I didn't remember it being that good but I was SO happy me and the kiddos threw it in and watched it. They all were on point and sounded great. JR's mix was a tad low but I got past that given how good the overall sound and vibe was.

When I need a fix of ADTOE, I always listen to the Luna Park audio instead of the actual album.  The live recording sounds better!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2020, 12:39:37 PM »
Nice mix of the two covers! great job!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2020, 12:40:02 PM »

Really wicked looking cover. Looking forward to finally getting a new live DT set!

Seems like Paralyzed or Fall Into The Light will be the bonus track. I hope there will be a CD/BD set and not two separate sets for CD/DVD and BD.

-Marc.

Nice!  I always get the Dream Theater live albums. 

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
The bonus track (that Apple Music is indicating) will be Paralyzed I would guess and FITL being in the main set. But what do I know innit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2020, 01:05:57 PM »

Just watched Luna Park this past Saturday for the first time in a few years and man......I forgot how freaking good they sound on that! And, it's a really good set list. I didn't remember it being that good but I was SO happy me and the kiddos threw it in and watched it. They all were on point and sounded great. JR's mix was a tad low but I got past that given how good the overall sound and vibe was.

When I need a fix of ADTOE, I always listen to the Luna Park audio instead of the actual album.  The live recording sounds better!

That's a live recording? :neverusethis:

I feel the same way with LSFNY and SFAM.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2020, 01:10:16 PM »

I actually made my own version of ADTOE Live by sequencing all 9 songs into album order from the Luna Park discs. It's a veRy good compilation, and i highly recommend it to any fans of ADTOE.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2020, 01:43:13 PM »
Cool cover! Great way to incorporate both album covers. I do find the title a tad cheesy, but it's better than simply "Live in London" "Live at the Marquee" or "Live at Luna Park" (I give L@B a pass)

I actually made my own version of ADTOE Live by sequencing all 9 songs into album order from the Luna Park discs.
Should be pretty easy to do with the canned/repetitious crowd cheering that's used.   ;)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online geeeemo

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2020, 01:59:01 PM »
That cover is cool!  We were there and stayed at a hotel right on the right side of that bridge. Great memory!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2020, 02:22:59 PM »
+1 on liking the album cover

Offline Mladen

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »

Oops, sorry. I got confused big time.  :lol

That cover is cool!  We were there and stayed at a hotel right on the right side of that bridge. Great memory!
Distant memory?

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2020, 02:28:53 PM »
I’m going to buy this absolutely no question but it’s probably the first DT release that I’m not at all excited about.  It’s probably because I was at one of the London shows and it was the first DT show I didn’t enjoy. James sounded awful, the crowd was dead and just a really disappointing night.  I assume the dvd was shot on the 2nd night so hopefully JLB was better or they can use some trickery to make it sound better.  Hopefully the crowd was more up for it too knowing they were recording.

Online geeeemo

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2020, 02:31:27 PM »

Oops, sorry. I got confused big time.  :lol

Distant memory?

It does seem like a lifetime ago.  We returned Home  ;D (US) on Feb 24, right before the sh!$ hit the fan!

Online geeeemo

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2020, 02:33:25 PM »
I’m going to buy this absolutely no question but it’s probably the first DT release that I’m not at all excited about.  It’s probably because I was at one of the London shows and it was the first DT show I didn’t enjoy. James sounded awful, the crowd was dead and just a really disappointing night.  I assume the dvd was shot on the 2nd night so hopefully JLB was better or they can use some trickery to make it sound better.  Hopefully the crowd was more up for it too knowing they were recording.

I was there the 2nd night and James nailed it!  I saw the show 4x and this was the best one!  I wished there was more standing, but the woman next to me was
so stoked, I had a blast!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2020, 02:39:51 PM »

I saw the show twice and both time JLB was on fire!!  :metal    I'll but this no doubt because even though I have Lives Scenes from New York I'd like to have MM's version as well. I was 'ok' with the opening set list.....I'd have preferred more DoT songs but all in all the DVD will be great.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2020, 02:51:34 PM »
I'd have preferred more DoT songs but all in all the DVD will be great.

That's what I was thinking too, they only played 6 tracks from the new album. Then I realized BTFW only has 5 songs from DT12 (FAS technically doesn't count as it's just a tape intro), but that one had a much more varied setlist than the last tour.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2020, 03:31:30 PM »

I'm sure there is going to be some touch ups on it.  Not that I'm saying JLB sucks or anything like that, I've always thought he was solid live from the shows I've seen, but he's not perfect and I'm going to guess for a live release, they'll make it sound closer to perfect.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2020, 05:11:21 PM »
Pale Blue Dot from the album is on Apple Music to stream. Out 27th November, not sure if that was mentioned yet.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2020, 05:30:51 PM »
On Spotify too.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2020, 06:10:47 PM »
Before I saw the show on this tour, I was speculating on whether they’d have a special tour shirt merging the 2 album covers together. After seeing the cover art, I realized that should’ve been it!

Seriously though, really excited!

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2020, 06:20:36 PM »
Wow, the drums sound even more impressive live.

And I love the title "Distant Memories." It is not cheesy at all, fitting for a tour that got cut short because of a pandemic.