Author Topic: WandaVision (Disney+) Official Thread  (Read 18884 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: WandaVision (Disney+) Official Thread
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2021, 06:58:59 AM »
But... DAMN!!  This episode was amazing.  "What is grief, if not love perservering?"
I loved that line so much.

Yep, so perfectly worded.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2021, 07:19:50 AM »
When he said that, I just went "Fuhhhhh... " and had to pause for a minute.  My wife looked at me, and I just said "That was amazing."  Then I un-paused (which means I did my usual thing of backing up a bit first, then hitting Play.  That way you don't lose the "rhythm" of the scene despite pausing.  Or something like that).  So I got to hear the line again, and I think I teared up a little bit.  Why do I care so much about a crazy woman and her love affair with a robot?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »
That was the best original line of the MCU.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2021, 08:49:01 AM »

By about a million miles.  Best line I've heard in film or TV in a while
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2021, 08:50:37 AM »

By about a million miles.  Best line I've heard in film or TV in a while
No kidding.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2021, 01:58:58 PM »
Apparently that line is causing "controversy" online.  I had no idea.  I thought it was brilliant, but I guess everything's gonna offend somebody.

WandaVision Director Addresses Controversial Line About Grief

A line about grief is dividing ‘WandaVision’ fans on social media

I can't even figure out what people are actually complaining about.  But I didn't really try that hard.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2021, 02:08:46 PM »
According to the article you posted....cinema snobs think the MCU is Nickelback.  That's the only issue. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2021, 04:55:25 PM »
Sounds to me like a bunch of people like to criticize anything related to the MCU.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2021, 06:55:28 PM »
I kinda thought that that's all it was.  I saw a headline earlier with the word "controversy" in it, then something else later in the day, and I wondered WTF people's problem could be.  I thought it was halfway amusing at first, but upon reflection, it's really just sad.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2021, 04:27:02 AM »
I kinda thought that that's all it was.  I saw a headline earlier with the word "controversy" in it, then something else later in the day, and I wondered WTF people's problem could be.  I thought it was halfway amusing at first, but upon reflection, it's really just sad stupid.

fix'd
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2021, 03:25:37 AM »
Any disappointment is no fault but our own.

LOVE THAT COSTUME

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #221 on: March 05, 2021, 05:34:23 AM »
The finale was great. I gotta say, between The Mandalorian and now Wandavison, I think I'd be ok with Star Wars and Marvel all being done as D+ series going forward. More time to tell the story and really flesh things out better than can be done in a 2.5 hour movie. Though I would miss seeing it on the big screen.

Online faizoff

« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2021, 06:27:03 AM »
Enjoyed the finale. Though they've left a setup for other things, I'm guessing it's going to be shown in more movies or other shows. Overall it was a fun show.

Also first time there are two after-episode credits. One mid-credit and another after all credits roll by, aka typical Marvel movie end credits.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #223 on: March 05, 2021, 08:39:29 AM »
That whole season was amazing. Got a bit choked up at the end. Definitely among my absolute favourite things from the MCU.

Excited to see where things go next in the MCU and with the characters from this show.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2021, 11:40:13 AM »
I think they nailed it. The fight scenes were a bit boring but they nailed everything else just so well.

It sucks if people were expecting other things.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2021, 11:47:56 AM »
Fucking brilliant. And man, that ending...  :'(

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2021, 12:36:58 PM »
Yup... quite a satisfying "conclusion".  Just enough left open ended, while tying up the primary loose ends.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2021, 03:45:45 PM »
Was quite moved by it. Really good.

It's ridiculous but it's been so great to have the MCU back in our lives. I've really missed going to check out the latest Marvel movie at the flicks. Looking forward to TFAWS and Loki.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2021, 03:47:59 PM »
I think they nailed it. The fight scenes were a bit boring but they nailed everything else just so well.

It sucks if people were expecting other things.

Yep. It was a really good little series. Who knows 'where' the story goes from here. Obviously as others have mentioned they wrapped up the main points of this season while keeping the whistle wet with some interesting open ended opportunities. Will those opportunities take place in other MCU films/TV series? Who knows? Honestly, between The Mandalorian and this show.....Disney has really been on point so there's no real reason to doubt whatever the direction or plan is.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2021, 07:06:32 PM »
Brutally sad ending, but what a show. Kudos to Kathryn Hahn, she really showed me something in her performance. I knew she excelled at goofy, but she brought the serious here.

Also, love Wanda's new costume.

Nice to also see the Darkhold brought back. That played a major role in S04 of Agents of Shield. It was also in Runaways.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2021, 05:40:35 PM »
I will say that I didn’t like how they handled Pietro. I get what they were doing but two multiverse fakeouts in a row is just kind of mean.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2021, 10:04:52 PM »
 :lol

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2021, 03:04:57 PM »
I really enjoyed the season overall though it definitely declined for me in the last few episodes once the mystery was resolved, the 'twists' were over and the last episode was pretty much entirely action scenes and the story unfortunately took the backseat.

It's important to judge the show on what it does rather than weird expectations or fan theories you put on the show yourself, but it's hard to not think about missed potential. The Quicksilver appearance for example could have played out in many satisfying ways yet they went for possibly the lamest explanation/reasoning which just felt really lackluster.

Good season overall but yeah last 2 episodes for me were the weakest. Still good, just hoped for more I suppose.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »
I think I was as well...but I guess we can't let them drop the Fantastic 4 and Xmen all in one boot, though I wish they'd have left some loose ends to play with in the coming products. I highly doubt they have shit planned out that in detail, more a general map I'd gather, which would allow for some wiggle room for the individual screenwriters. Having those unresolved details could come into play later.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2021, 07:26:50 PM »
Spoilers, even though it seems we've all watched.

Where’d White Vision go?  Off to have an existential crisis (literally!)??  TBD I guess
I love how they showed Wanda actually "more powerful than The Sorcerer Supreme” at the end, by being in control of both her physical and astral form at the same time.  Was that the Darkhold she was studying?  I guess I could go back and just watch that scene again.
I gather this won’t be the end of Agnes… She’ll show up again in the future to guide/mentor Wanda, just as in the comics.  Since she doesn't have anything more than knowledge now, I have no doubt they'll pivot her character.
Speculation …. Nightmare snatched Tom's and Bill’s souls as they fell asleep, before the Hex collapsed.
Seems they did just enough to setup for Secret Invasion, Cap Marvel 2, and Dr. Strange 2
Is she living on the other side of the lake from Pepper?   :lol

Oh, and yeah... the costume is fantastic.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2021, 08:12:29 PM »
So... Agatha was "permanently" turned into Agnes and confined to live in Westview.  Then Wanda allowed the Hex to collapse, freeing all the residents of Westview.  They all got their minds back.  Does that include Agnes?  Or was the Agatha/Agnes confining spell a completely separate thing?  I suppose it is.  Either that or we're just not supposed to think about it.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2021, 08:26:55 PM »
I thought White vision and Vision merged.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2021, 08:28:58 PM »
So... Agatha was "permanently" turned into Agnes and confined to live in Westview.  Then Wanda allowed the Hex to collapse, freeing all the residents of Westview.  They all got their minds back.  Does that include Agnes?  Or was the Agatha/Agnes confining spell a completely separate thing?  I suppose it is.  Either that or we're just not supposed to think about it.
the way i saw that explained that made the most sense to me goes back to how Agatha explained the Hex, that the magic Wanda used to create the hex tied Vision and the twins to it, and she had created it unintentionally.  When she turns Agatha back into Agnes, she's consciously choosing to place Agatha under this spell separate from the power of the hex itself.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2021, 09:25:22 PM »
White vision took off right after "regaining" his memories saying "I am vision". Assuming we will see him later.

There are rumors Wanda will be a future villain and White Vision will fight against her (that's just a rumor thought).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2021, 05:56:18 AM »
the way i saw that explained that made the most sense to me goes back to how Agatha explained the Hex, that the magic Wanda used to create the hex tied Vision and the twins to it, and she had created it unintentionally.  When she turns Agatha back into Agnes, she's consciously choosing to place Agatha under this spell separate from the power of the hex itself.

Exactly... Wanda used the runes to prevent Agatha from using her magic, then did exactly as Agatha had done to others - stole her magic (at least, that was my interpretation).  Then as the count said, placed a spell just on Agatha to revert her back to Agnes to live her days in Westview as "the nosy neighbour".

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2021, 07:08:38 AM »
White vision took off right after "regaining" his memories saying "I am vision". Assuming we will see him later.

There are rumors Wanda will be a future villain and White Vision will fight against her (that's just a rumor thought).

OK must've missed that.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2021, 09:00:49 AM »

OK must've missed that.

Yeah, he just bolted thru the roof of the library.  I assumed he was going to help Wanda, but that was the end of him in the episode.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2021, 10:20:19 AM »
This is the first and so far only Marvel TV show I've watched. I loved every second of it. I was hoping for a second season and more Agatha Harkness because I thought Kathryn Hahn absolutely nailed it in the role. The special effects in the finale were incredible. Watching the two Visions go at it with that Chaos Magic barrier looked EXACTLY like they ripped it out of a comic book (and not being a comic reader I have no idea if that's what happened). Even Agatha and Wanda's magics looked super convincing, I loved that CGI.

I have no complaints. I liked Evan Peters as Ralph. I thought the fakeout was hilarious and worked well. Also having just gotten into American Horror Story in December (just started 1984 last week, can't wait for the 10th season when it drops), I just really appreciated his presence. He's a great actor even in a small part.

Also, SKRULLS!!! PHOTON! CAPTAIN MARVEL 2 MAYBE LET'S GOOO
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2021, 10:28:31 AM »
They wrapped up the story in a pretty satisfying way, and dropped some cool hints about things to come.  That's pretty much what they needed to to, and they nailed it.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2021, 11:30:24 AM »
They wrapped up the story in a pretty satisfying way, and dropped some cool hints about things to come.  That's pretty much what they needed to to, and they nailed it.

This!

The disparity between my expectations going and my satisfaction upon conclusion is a mile-wide.