Author Topic: WandaVision (Disney+) Official Thread  (Read 18893 times)

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: WandaVision Official Trailer - Disney+
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2021, 05:03:41 PM »
"Wow!" is right.  This is the episode I apparently was expecting last time, the one where everything comes together and you see how masterfully they've put it together (and how masterfully you've been played).  It's my own fault for being so impatient and somehow assuming that that would be Episode 3.  Very well done.  I'm comfortable now.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2021, 05:15:19 PM »
Yes also a 'Wow!' from me. Loving this show and agree that you are really left with wanting more at the end. Long time since I have felt the 'can't wait for next week' vibe from a TV show. That seems like a feeling lost in the past ever since the Netflix binge watching too place. But it really suits this show to have to wait a week for more.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2021, 06:01:19 PM »
"Wow!" is right.  This is the episode I apparently was expecting last time, the one where everything comes together and you see how masterfully they've put it together (and how masterfully you've been played).  It's my own fault for being so impatient and somehow assuming that that would be Episode 3.  Very well done.  I'm comfortable now.

Haha. I was coming in here to say “Bob ought to be happy NOW!”
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2021, 07:23:30 PM »
I am.  Everything about it was right.  Also, I seem to be in the minority in liking Kat Dennings and her Darcy character, so that was a nice surprise.  Randall Park playing Randall Park was the only not-quite-awesome part about it, but Randall Park is really getting good at playing Randall Park, so it worked.

(It bugs me that a Korean guy is playing a Chinese character, and no that's not racist because we're all Asian.  It's just good old-fashinoned prejudice.)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2021, 07:57:07 PM »
Kat Dennings can do no wrong.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2021, 09:17:07 PM »

She’s my biggest “celebrity crush”. My wife knows (because I married her) that my “type” is short and busty. Not too many women in Hollywood get that classification. But Kat definitely checks those boxes.

Can I just say that I KNEW IT????? I never claimed to know the details, but even before the first episode aired, I announced to my family that this “sit-com” thing was an alternate reality that Wanda was creating out of her inability to cope with Vision’s death. And that this sitcom would slowly start to crumble around her...just like dealing with the death of a loved one.  Basically, “what does the ‘denial’ phase look like when a superpower has the ability to create their own fake reality?”

But I love the execution, I love the inclusion of the bit players from other films, I love the explanation of where we are in the timeline...

This show is awesome!!!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2021, 09:27:15 PM »
Yeah, really good episode this week that felt like it was over five minutes after it started.
Photobucket sucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2021, 12:24:51 AM »
Yeah, really good episode this week that felt like it was over five minutes after it started.

Seriously, it felt so short.

But man, talk about the payoff...just some masterful storytelling and execution. I guarantee 100% of the Marvel audience is fully committed now.

Did anyone else notice Agent Woo used the sleight of hand magic with his business card in the beginning when he met Rambeau? Such a brilliant subtle nod   :lol

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2021, 05:20:00 AM »
What's that a reference to?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2021, 06:32:28 AM »

Seriously, it felt so short.

But man, talk about the payoff...just some masterful storytelling and execution. I guarantee 100% of the Marvel audience is fully committed now.

Did anyone else notice Agent Woo used the sleight of hand magic with his business card in the beginning when he met Rambeau? Such a brilliant subtle nod   :lol

Yes, I did notice, but also do not get the reference.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2021, 08:16:30 AM »
Really enjoyed this ep
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2021, 10:02:17 AM »
Ant Man/Wasp reference. Scott had learned some magic tricks under house arrest and Woo was fascinated by them and I think even started to try learning them.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2021, 10:11:56 AM »
Ant Man/Wasp reference. Scott had learned some magic tricks under house arrest and Woo was fascinated by them and I think even started to try learning them.

He did, there was one scene where he got caught watching online magic classes. Maybe my wording was confusing, I just thought it was such a great 'attention to detail' moment that the MCU is so fucking consistently good at.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2021, 12:28:00 PM »

She’s my biggest “celebrity crush”. My wife knows (because I married her) that my “type” is short and busty. Not too many women in Hollywood get that classification. But Kat definitely checks those boxes.

Can I just say that I KNEW IT????? I never claimed to know the details, but even before the first episode aired, I announced to my family that this “sit-com” thing was an alternate reality that Wanda was creating out of her inability to cope with Vision’s death. And that this sitcom would slowly start to crumble around her...just like dealing with the death of a loved one.  Basically, “what does the ‘denial’ phase look like when a superpower has the ability to create their own fake reality?”

Yes, yes and yes.

I crush hard on Kat, myself, going all the way back to the Nick and Norah movie. Man, that was a long time ago.

After the first episode my leading guess was Vision was still dead and this was some kind of coping type thing. Essentially, Wanda had a mental break and we are seeing what a mental break is like for one of the most powerful beings in existence.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 12:33:31 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2021, 12:44:40 PM »

He did, there was one scene where he got caught watching online magic classes. Maybe my wording was confusing, I just thought it was such a great 'attention to detail' moment that the MCU is so fucking consistently good at.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that.  I only watched AM&W once, so I forget a lot of the little things.  Hell, I've forgotten most of the big things!   :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2021, 08:03:23 AM »
I am.  Everything about it was right.  Also, I seem to be in the minority in liking Kat Dennings and her Darcy character, so that was a nice surprise.  Randall Park playing Randall Park was the only not-quite-awesome part about it, but Randall Park is really getting good at playing Randall Park, so it worked.

(It bugs me that a Korean guy is playing a Chinese character, and no that's not racist because we're all Asian.  It's just good old-fashinoned prejudice.)

That's kind of a pet peeve of mine, too; though not for any deep identity politics reasons.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2021, 05:27:23 PM »
Lizzie Olsen is a terrific actress.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2021, 05:42:36 AM »
So, uh, this week's episode is awesome
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2021, 06:35:43 AM »
Got the day off, do you?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2021, 06:51:37 AM »
If only. The snow we got this week means instead of out on a morning walk I'm on the elliptical, which means I at least get caught up on TV
Photobucket sucks.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2021, 08:39:18 AM »
Holy cow what an episode!

I really wish internet snoopers weren’t all in a rush to spoil everything as quickly as possible or else part of this episode would’ve been mind blowing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2021, 08:51:47 AM »
Yeah, I'm definitely glad that I watched it first thing this morning before really looking at the internet.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Adami

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2021, 08:53:33 AM »
Yeah, I'm definitely glad that I watched it first thing this morning before really looking at the internet.

Oh not even that, the stuff I'm obviously talking about was being reported different places like 2 weeks or so ago. It's just annoying. People are in such a hurry to publish every spoiler that when we finally see the thing it has a bit of the oomph taken away because of it. And the spoilers aren't even hidden within an article that warns of it. It's in the god damn headline.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2021, 08:57:40 AM »
Oh I guess I've been lucky to not have stumbled across that over the last couple of weeks then.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2021, 09:06:34 AM »

Oh not even that, the stuff I'm obviously talking about was being reported different places like 2 weeks or so ago. It's just annoying. People are in such a hurry to publish every spoiler that when we finally see the thing it has a bit of the oomph taken away because of it. And the spoilers aren't even hidden within an article that warns of it. It's in the god damn headline.

That was kind of the effect of the end of Season 2 of The Mandalorian for me.  For all it was built up to be, it couldn't ever deliver on that hype. 

Online Adami

« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2021, 09:27:20 AM »
Oh I watched mando as quickly as I could for that reason. I luckily avoided all spoilers for the end of season 2 and was like waahhhhhhhhh
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online faizoff

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2021, 12:22:01 PM »
Great episode! I avoid spoilers like the plague. I think I've been pretty good about not getting spoiled by much or anything so far.

Makes me want to rewatch all MCU movies.. and Full House for some reason.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2021, 01:18:46 PM »
Oh I guess I've been lucky to not have stumbled across that over the last couple of weeks then.

Ditto... gonna fire it up right after dinner.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2021, 04:19:51 PM »
Wow. Just wow.

I'm literally speechless at how fucking good this show is becoming, and my jaw is still on the floor after that last scene. They're firing on all cylinders here, executing a brilliant concept to perfection.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2021, 05:09:10 PM »
Me at the end ...

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2021, 05:39:50 PM »
Me at the end ...

For. Fucking. Reals.  :omg: :omg: :omg:

I didn't even have time to lol at the recast joke...Definitely will be watching again after work.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2021, 06:43:11 PM »
Marvel never disappoints.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2021, 08:30:18 PM »
I actually had to look up the ending to understand it. But once I did, and the full force of what they had done hit me, I smiled from ear to ear.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2021, 09:21:37 PM »
Star Wars-breaks out Luke as a surprise

Marvel - 'hold my beer'

So I'm re-watching it, and there's a bit in the beginning, just a blip moment, that really sets the tone of the whole episode so perfectly. Spoilers...When they're trying to get the kids to stop crying and Agnes shows up to help. Vision tries to stop her from holding them, and she gets so confused and seamlessly breaks character to ask Wanda for further directions. I was shocked at how much the moment shook me, just so awkward and disturbing, and it kind of set me on edge for the rest of the episode. It was a perfect way to tie us, the viewers, into the same reality shaking moment that Vision himself started going through, just brilliantly done.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 11:52:23 PM by lonestar »

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2021, 12:10:23 AM »
I swear, this show just keeps getting better and better. What a great episode, and really was not expecting that ending.