General > Movies and TV

WandaVision (Disney+) Official Thread

<< < (55/55)

hefdaddy42:
I loved it.

bosk1:

--- Quote from: jingle.boy on March 17, 2021, 01:22:56 PM ---It certainly wasn't as compelling as the Mandalorian 'behind-the-scenes' shows, but I thought it was insightful.

--- End quote ---

True.  But the Madalorian shows also were able to do a lot more simply by virtue of volume because there were more of them. 

I'm a sucker for well-done behind-the-scenes stuff.  I watched every moment of all the special features on the LOTR DVD's way back when, for example.  And while I know that that it is less common for someone to spend that much time (I couldn't do it nowadays, but was at a station in my life when I could back when those came out), they clearly understood that there was a market for that sort of thing.  Heck, that's why blooper reels started to catch on in the '80s--aside from the "funny" factor, fans love getting to peek behind the curtain and see how the sausage is made. 

But as much as I love that sort of thing when it is well done, it is harder and harder at this stage of life to devote extensive time to it.  It is hard to sit through all the Mandalorian stuff for me, even though it is fantastic.  The WandaVision behind-the-scenes feature's conciseness worked in its favor in that regard.  It was sufficiently in-depth to really make fans of the show appreciate the show even more, which is a win in and of itself.  But it was also sufficiently short that I think more people watched it.  My wife, for example, who generally does not care about such behind-the-scenes stuff, actually sat and watched it, and enjoyed it quite a bit.  Plus, it also had going for it that it came out in a gap week while excitement for the show was still at a high, and we are all collectively jonesing for Falcon and Winter Soldier to start up this week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version