Author Topic: WandaVision (Disney+) Official Thread  (Read 18629 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: WandaVision Official Trailer - Disney+
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2021, 12:27:58 AM »
If anyone expected that, I'd say they were lying. No one could've seen that one coming...

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2021, 03:55:39 AM »
If anyone expected that, I'd say they were lying. No one could've seen that one coming...

There was a youtube video that kept popping up in my feed that was basically an indirect spoiler.

Great episode though. Only thing I didn't like was the acting of the guy at Vision's work. I think the child actors were supposed to be bad so I gave them a pass. All child actors are terrible in sitcoms.

The house looked very similar to the one from Step by Step.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2021, 04:03:54 AM »
Really clever and totally surprising way of introducing us to the Multi-Verse.   We know the Multi-Verse is coming - featuring heaverly in Doctor Strange 2 (also featuring Scarlett Witch) and also the crazy speculation about who going to be in Spider-Man 3,  but this was a brilliant way to set things up and let's be honest opens the door for a ton of cross over potential.

To be honest I've been on the fence with Wandavision so far, I' just not a fan of the Sitcom homage style - but the story behind WTF is going on is really interesting.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2021, 04:56:39 AM »
Star Wars-breaks out Luke as a surprise

Marvel - 'hold my beer'

So I'm re-watching it, and there's a bit in the beginning, just a blip moment, that really sets the tone of the whole episode so perfectly. Spoilers...When they're trying to get the kids to stop crying and Agnes shows up to help. Vision tries to stop her from holding them, and she gets so confused and seamlessly breaks character to ask Wanda for further directions. I was shocked at how much the moment shook me, just so awkward and disturbing, and it kind of set me on edge for the rest of the episode. It was a perfect way to tie us, the viewers, into the same reality shaking moment that Vision himself started going through, just brilliantly done.

totally on both points above.  For the spoiler comment, I was the same.  A truly legit "Wait.  What??  What the hell was that all about"  I think I (might) get it now, based on some of the things jingle.son has quasi-spoiled me about vis-a-vis rumours.

And yeah... this one was so good, it might need a re-watch.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2021, 06:55:13 AM »
I think it would be fun if James Spader popped up at some point this season to play Vision's "father".
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2021, 07:25:16 AM »
What if this Pietro is Mephisto trying to calm Wanda as he might fear she 'breaks mentally' and keep her in this reality?
What about Agnes? she and Darcy are the only ones that weren't given a background like others from Westview when Sword had their pictures on the wall?
I remember they mentioned that someone was being transported by the FBI and got trapped in Westview too, but no mention of who this person is.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2021, 08:34:14 AM »
I think it would be fun if James Spader popped up at some point this season to play Vision's "father".

OMG, that would be fantastic!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
What if this Pietro is Mephisto trying to calm Wanda as he might fear she 'breaks mentally' and keep her in this reality?
What about Agnes? she and Darcy are the only ones that weren't given a background like others from Westview when Sword had their pictures on the wall?
I remember they mentioned that someone was being transported by the FBI and got trapped in Westview too, but no mention of who this person is.

I'd say this Pietro is their way of breaking into the multiverse, now that they've broken the seal, all versions are possible, setting the stage for Spiderman 3 and Dr Strange 2. There were two bits with Monica that tripped me out, first was her reaction to Captain Marvel's mention, that was just too ominous and deliberate to be ignored. Also was her calling her 'aerospace engineer friend', wondering if it'll be Richards or Doom...../size]

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2021, 01:33:06 PM »
Okay, I didn't understand the significance of that last "post-credits" scene, but I looked it up and I think it's nuts.  In a good way.  This show is a mindfuck.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2021, 02:18:59 PM »
They literally opened the door to the whole marvel universe in that one moment. Anything is possible now.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2021, 04:04:17 PM »

I'd say this Pietro is their way of breaking into the multiverse, now that they've broken the seal, all versions are possible, setting the stage for Spiderman 3 and Dr Strange 2. There were two bits with Monica that tripped me out, first was her reaction to Captain Marvel's mention, that was just too ominous and deliberate to be ignored. Also was her calling her 'aerospace engineer friend', wondering if it'll be Richards or Doom.....

Part of what I'm wondering is whether this "Pietro" is actually the Quicksilver from the x-men/Fox universe, who (since we know he doesn't age as much as normal people) is simply living in Westview.  Though I doubt it - Ministro's theory is probably the more likely one, and one that jingle.son has heard.  But it would be cool.  Agnes is almost assuredly some kind of outside presence - in last week's episode, it was specifically commented that the FBI hadn't identified Agnes, so she's obviously not a town resident, and she's obviously trying to throw shade at the whole sitcom thing... trying to tip Vision off maybe?  Trying to show Wanda that this is all going to fall apart?

As for Spiderman 3, jingle.son said a set photo leaked this week with Willem Dafoe on set, so I can't see any other possibility than some multi-verse angle.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2021, 04:35:10 PM »
I thought Toby Mcguire and Andrew Garfield were already confirmed as well, and the dude who played Doc Oc was rumored.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2021, 04:58:07 PM »
Tongue-firmly in cheek here, it was not technically a recast. The original showed up.

I love the X-Men movies, especially Days Of Future Past, and well, that makes my above statement make more sense.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jammindude

« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2021, 05:17:51 PM »
I thought Toby Mcguire and Andrew Garfield were already confirmed as well, and the dude who played Doc Oc was rumored.

Well yes....but there are reports that Toby is being a class-A certifiable diva dickweed on set, and the MCU powers that be tend to work with “team players”.  If he keeps it up, he might end up on the cutting room floor.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2021, 06:01:58 PM »

Well yes....but there are reports that Toby is being a class-A certifiable diva dickweed on set, and the MCU powers that be tend to work with “team players”.  If he keeps it up, he might end up on the cutting room floor.

How can anyone lean towards being a diva in any MCU setting, you're always neck deep in heavy hitters man

Offline jammindude

« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2021, 06:14:50 PM »
My step son and I were joking last night over hypothetical's.   Mostly involving Toby walking on set proclaiming to be the OG Spider-Man and the reason everyone is even there.  (We're making all of this up and laughing amongst ourselves)   And how the response of the MCU writers would most likely be something along the lines of...."You're in the multiverse now, we can KILL you if we feel like it."    :coolio
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2021, 07:03:52 PM »
A little off topic, but according to Disney+, fully exposed man butt is ok (Days of Future Past) but mostly covered up female butt (Splash) needs shitty CGI to cover it up more.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2021, 09:26:33 PM »
That's sad.  Seriously, it's like reverse sexism or something.  If they had a naked female butt, people would be screaming sexism, but male butt is okay because no one's gonna complain.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2021, 06:00:29 AM »

Jamie Fox too.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2021, 09:29:37 AM »

Jamie Fox too.

They could've left his character out for me lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2021, 09:38:50 AM »
First, thoughts on WandaVision episode 5.

LOVED IT! I hope the amazing episode doesn't get totally eclipsed by the ending. It's a very cool ending and could mean a multitude of things, but the rest of the episode was incredible. I loved when Wanda broke back into her Sokovian accent when talking to SWORD. Subtle character move. I loved when Vision fought through the end credits and really went head to head with Wanda. It shows she really can't simply control him or else she would have. Best acting by the two of them thus far I think. The Agnes scene of her wanting to start from the top, I think, hints at her having a huge role behind the scenes. Which they've alluded to in a bunch of others ways too. My theory is that she and maybe some others offered Wanda a way to get Vision back using her reality warping powers but Wanda proved too powerful for them and took over to some degree. I also think they (whoever they are) are trying to get the kids and they're the whole point of it. Many other thoughts, but that's the bulk of them.

Second, I don't think anyone is officially confirmed for Spidey 3 execept Jamie Foxx as Electro and Dr. Strange. The rest are a ton of rumors and people simply claiming to have been confirmed. But, best I can tell, none of the other Spider-Men have been confirmed. So whether or not Tobey, Andrew, etc etc are in it is very possible but definitely NOT confirmed.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2021, 11:10:21 AM »
I totally agree, the big twist at the ending was just the icing on the cake of a brilliantly executed show beginning to end. The details are so well nourished and displayed as they have been since the beginning, and it is totally paying off. And I agree on the end credits scene where Vision fought through it, such a unique and amazing way to blow the drama factor off the charts. As I said earlier, I watched the show from the scene where Sparky died to the end through my fingers with my jaw literally agape, a good deal from the overwhelming drama of it all, and the rest from sheer awe of how well it was done.

I can't wait for the Halloween episode next!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2021, 12:10:15 PM »
I read somewhere that the animals that{e been presented on the show somehow are connected to Mephisto, I don't remember if I read that hear or somewhere else: Lobster EP1, Rabit EP2, Stork EP3, I don't remember any on EP4, and then we have the Dog on EP5.

I don't know much about Mephisto, but do these animals relate to him? Any clue, or is this just way off?

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2021, 01:09:54 PM »
I'm now in the loop with Wandavision, and wow all bets are off at this point!

I read somewhere that the animals that{e been presented on the show somehow are connected to Mephisto, I don't remember if I read that hear or somewhere else: Lobster EP1, Rabit EP2, Stork EP3, I don't remember any on EP4, and then we have the Dog on EP5.

I don't know much about Mephisto, but do these animals relate to him? Any clue, or is this just way off?

All I know is that Mephisto is a major villan in the marvel comics, and he's basically the devil!

He is also the one behind Ghost Rider. The various Ghost Riders basically sell their souls to him, and in turn Mephisto turns them into his personal bounty hunters. He was also played by Peter Fonda in the first Nick Cage Ghost Rider film.

I have no idea how Mephisto might be connected to all this, but interesting nonetheless!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2021, 03:24:52 PM »
Nice little egg in the beginning that I totally missed till it was pointed out....When Vision and Wanda are trying to get the babies to stop crying, and Vision says "I tried reading to him, but Darwin's The Descent of Man just made him cry even more"... mutants are coming my friends... :caffeine:

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2021, 03:25:44 PM »
I'll be honest, as far as I can tell, the Mephisto stuff is just kind of made up.

Mephisto IS in the comics and has had big story lines with almost every character at one point or another, including Wanda. I think someone or a few people just randomly thought that maybe Mephisto would show up so the idea spread like wild fire and people started looking for things that might be interpreted as Mephisto. But as far as I know, the "evidence" for Mephisto is induced rather than deduced. They decided Mephisto is already a part of it and they are looking for things that can be interpreted as evidence, as opposed to seeing things that definitely hinted at Mephisto independently.

Maybe Mephisto is there? I have no idea, but I haven't seen anything that gives me the idea other than all the stuff people say COULD mean him but could just as equally not have anything to do with him.

Hope that makes sense.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »
Yeah, I'm not feeling Mephisto either. Based on all that's been hinted about in Spiderman 3 and Dr Strange 2, cracking open the multiverse is by far the most likely theory at this point. Plus they need that mechanism to get the FOX products in their without looking too silly.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2021, 11:50:49 AM »
I like the possible implications of new Pietro's presence more than the possibility that he really is the Pietro from the X-Men films.  Mostly because I hate the X-Men films.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2021, 12:54:11 PM »
I like the possible implications of new Pietro's presence more than the possibility that he really is the Pietro from the X-Men films.  Mostly because I hate the X-Men films.
Agreed.  But not because I hate the X-Men films.  I mean, for the most part, I do.  But that isn't the reason I don't want it to actually be the Pietro from those films.  I just think that opening the door to other Marvel-related franchises outside the MCU (i.e. those done by other studios) is unnecessarily confusing and, honestly, kinda dumb.  I think (and hope) that using that specific actor was just a nice little nod to the fans, and perhaps a way of messing with us a bit to ramp up rabid speculation about what it could mean.  I guess we'll see soon enough.  (although I am kinda starting to think that perhaps there will not be a big reveal or explanation in this series.  At the end of it, I am starting to think that we may be left with more questions than answers, and that we won't even know for certain whether this is truly all Wanda or someone else manipulating her, and that not really being explained/resolved/fully-revealed until Dr. Strange.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2021, 01:01:58 PM »
Agreed.  But not because I hate the X-Men films.  I mean, for the most part, I do.  But that isn't the reason I don't want it to actually be the Pietro from those films.  I just think that opening the door to other Marvel-related franchises outside the MCU (i.e. those done by other studios) is unnecessarily confusing and, honestly, kinda dumb.  I think (and hope) that using that specific actor was just a nice little nod to the fans, and perhaps a way of messing with us a bit to ramp up rabid speculation about what it could mean.  I guess we'll see soon enough.  (although I am kinda starting to think that perhaps there will not be a big reveal or explanation in this series.  At the end of it, I am starting to think that we may be left with more questions than answers, and that we won't even know for certain whether this is truly all Wanda or someone else manipulating her, and that not really being explained/resolved/fully-revealed until Dr. Strange.

Yeah, I'm feeling that as well. I can totally see this show building up to a big finish, only to have that big finish being an even bigger wtf moment to keep us hanging for a year.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2021, 01:31:52 PM »

Yeah, I'm feeling that as well. I can totally see this show building up to a big finish, only to have that big finish being an even bigger wtf moment to keep us hanging for a year.

That's all we need, a set of MCU blue balls.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2021, 02:04:36 PM »

That's all we need, a set of MCU blue balls.

Hey its not like they're going to destroy half of the life in the universe then make us wait a year for a solution or anything....

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2021, 11:02:02 AM »
I usually don't like this guy's videos, but this one raised a couple of good points:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaDkZ2xUsw8&feature=push-fr&attr_tag=9OqO23-meWYh99EX%3A6

First one is about whatever is up between Monica and Captain Marvel.  He posits that it is perhaps simply the fact that Danvers was off somewhere else in the galaxy and not on earth during the time when her mother would have gotten cancer and died, and that Monica is resentful about that.  That fits the timeline and feels very "real world."  I really like that possibility and find it satisfying.  I guess I just like it because it doesn't feel at all contrived, and dovetails nicely with other things in-universe. 

Second, I like how he asks the question about whether Pietro's appearance foreshadows actual canonization of the X-Men universe, or whether it is something entirely different, and then leans more toward the latter.  I like that as well.  I don't think it is necessarily any sort of attempt to bring the X-Men universe into the MCU by way of a multiverse or anything else.  I think that is misdirection.  And that actually leads me to think that the "multiverse" itself may be a huge misdirection and not actually be a thing, notwithstanding the title of the upcoming Dr. Strange movie. 

Something else that is perhaps unintentional:  One of the big questions is how much Wanda is doing...all of this.  The series is leading the viewer, at least at this stage, to believe that Wanda is in control of the anomaly as a whole (even though there are clearly some things that are out of her control).  But that is an open question.  And we simultaneously see that there are things that are not under her control.  When seeing a lot of the cuts and scenes this guy uses in his video right up against each other, it really emphasizes to me how little control she actual seems to have over all this, and really ups the ante for me on the theory that there is some other actor (actress?) behind the scenes manipulating everything. 

What do you guys think?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
One somewhat interesting thing that was pointed out on another forum I frequent:  we first met the X-Men Pietro/Peter in a movie set in the 80's, and the episode of WandaVision he appears in is an 80's sitcom.  According to the MCU wiki, the MCU Pietro wasn't even born until 1989, so they're displaced in time as well as being in different universes.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2021, 04:10:26 PM »
First one is about whatever is up between Monica and Captain Marvel.  He posits that it is perhaps simply the fact that Danvers was off somewhere else in the galaxy and not on earth during the time when her mother would have gotten cancer and died, and that Monica is resentful about that.  That fits the timeline and feels very "real world."  I really like that possibility and find it satisfying.  I guess I just like it because it doesn't feel at all contrived, and dovetails nicely with other things in-universe. 
Definitely feels like a possibility, and I agree I like it too.

Second, I like how he asks the question about whether Pietro's appearance foreshadows actual canonization of the X-Men universe, or whether it is something entirely different, and then leans more toward the latter.  I like that as well.  I don't think it is necessarily any sort of attempt to bring the X-Men universe into the MCU by way of a multiverse or anything else.  I think that is misdirection.  And that actually leads me to think that the "multiverse" itself may be a huge misdirection and not actually be a thing, notwithstanding the title of the upcoming Dr. Strange movie. 
Hard to guess where they're going with it right now. It's possible that all the multiverse stuff is a redirection, but I'm not convinced. We know about branching universes from Endgame, and we're getting a Loki series that presumably follows the version of him that escaped during Endgame as the one in the official universe/timeline/whatever is dead.

However, even if the multiverse is really a thing, it doesn't mean it's going to now become a major feature of the MCU with lots of hopping between universes, like the DC Arrowverse TV shows did. This version of Pietro doesn't need to signal that the X-Men we've seen will be "brought into" the MCU in full, but could be a sort of recognition that those things did happen in a different universe (so, canonised but not part of the main timeline, sort of thing).

Something else that is perhaps unintentional:  One of the big questions is how much Wanda is doing...all of this.  The series is leading the viewer, at least at this stage, to believe that Wanda is in control of the anomaly as a whole (even though there are clearly some things that are out of her control).  But that is an open question.  And we simultaneously see that there are things that are not under her control.  When seeing a lot of the cuts and scenes this guy uses in his video right up against each other, it really emphasizes to me how little control she actual seems to have over all this, and really ups the ante for me on the theory that there is some other actor (actress?) behind the scenes manipulating everything. 
I definitely think there's a villain pulling strings in some way. The reveal that Wanda is controlling it came at the end of episode 3 out of 9. I can't imagine there aren't lot of twists still to come, and we've already seen things happening that she's not controlling. It could be that someone/something else is really in control, or could be more that she is in control but is being manipulated in some way to keep WestView as it is, for whatever nefarious reason.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.