Author Topic: WandaVision (Disney+) Official Thread  (Read 18621 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 06:48:24 AM by ariich »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: WandaVision Official Trailer - Disney+
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 08:15:22 PM »
Its crazy shit like that, that I can get behind  :tup

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 08:44:56 PM »
This looks very different, which will be good for Marvel, I think.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 09:02:38 PM »
What an odd show this looks to be. Can't wait.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 07:45:29 AM »
I'll watch that just because of the cast. What a group.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 07:47:17 AM »
I still have absolutely zero idea what this is about... but it's literally the only Marvel TV show I'm interested in. I hope it's good.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 08:39:05 AM »
This looks completely batshit.

I'm in.  :tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 09:41:38 AM »
I had heard something about this show a while back, and I couldn't figure out what to make of it.

Then I saw the trailer, and I still can't figure out what to make of it.

But Wanda is cute, so I might watch this.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 12:53:50 PM »
Was this supposed to be in theaters or was it always meant for streaming?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 01:04:33 PM »
Was this supposed to be in theaters or was it always meant for streaming?

It’s a show for Disney plus. Not a movie. So always meant for streaming.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 07:42:17 PM »
Is there any info out about length and number of episodes?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 06:59:29 AM »
Is there any info out about length and number of episodes?

Apparently there will be 9 episodes on season 1. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9140560/episodes

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 08:09:36 AM »
How/when/where can this possibly take place? Or, is that the allure of the show? Not having any clue as to how they're going to pull this off and have it make sense?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 08:31:47 AM »
I've seen some chatter on the 'net, mostly speculation and just plain guessing of course, but one theory is that Wanda was crushed by the loss of Vision, and created a reality (possibly using the Reality Stone? Mind Stone?) wherein she and Vision live "happily ever after".  The problem is she's also slowly going insane, so the reality isn't stable.  And somehow this ties into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which we already know she's in.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 08:36:32 AM »
I've seen some chatter on the 'net, mostly speculation and just plain guessing of course, but one theory is that Wanda was crushed by the loss of Vision, and created a reality (possibly using the Reality Stone? Mind Stone?) wherein she and Vision live "happily ever after".  The problem is she's also slowly going insane, so the reality isn't stable.  And somehow this ties into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which we already know she's in.

This is what I seen/read as well. At first, I thought Doctor Strange would be release before this show to tie it all together nicely, but it looks like its the other way around.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 10:13:34 AM »

This is what I seen/read as well. At first, I thought Doctor Strange would be release before this show to tie it all together nicely, but it looks like its the other way around.

That is what I have seen as well, but it is admittedly just educated speculation and, as far as I know, has not been strictly confirmed by any of the shows creators (but I could be mistaken about that).  But it has to be something along those lines. 

As far as how she it happens, I don't think the stones are involved.  As far as Marvel cannon, the stones are gone.  The ones from "our timeline" were destroyed, and the ones "borrowed" in Endgame are, presumably, back where they belong.  So it has to be something else.

And as for Dr. Strange and the timeline, I am guessing that the Dr. Strange film deals with a situation caused by the fallout of what is going on with Wanda. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2020, 10:19:35 AM »
That is a SUPER (sorry, Stadler!) cool idea for a show and if that's the gist then I am so down for it. Especially if they can tie that into future films, the Dr. Strange stuff and House of M... oh maaaaan
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 07:44:39 AM »
I had heard something about this show a while back, and I couldn't figure out what to make of it.

Then I saw the trailer, and I still can't figure out what to make of it.

But Wanda is cute, so I might watch this.

EO has an amazing smile.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 07:15:01 PM »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 07:01:13 AM »
The first 2 episodes are out now!!

:metal

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 07:11:36 AM »
Watched the first one. I feel like this is a show we're not going to really be able to judge an episode at a time. It's clearly going somewhere, but nothing interesting really happened in Ep. 1.

Online Adami

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 12:33:59 PM »
Loved them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »
Watched the first one. I feel like this is a show we're not going to really be able to judge an episode at a time. It's clearly going somewhere, but nothing interesting really happened in Ep. 1.

Watch episode 2

I just watched two ep with my wife, we LOVE IT!!!!

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 07:26:30 PM »
They are going to slow play this. Clearly we sort of know what is going on. I also have some theories around how Vision is there, since he died in the movies and all.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2021, 07:52:27 PM »
Very creative of Marvel to go this route. A change-up is always good.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 11:35:07 PM »
We watched the first episode and didn't know what was going on, but it seemed fun.  I couldn't tell if it was a 60's sitcom, or a parody of a 60's sitcom, or a parody of all 60's sitcoms at once, plus some weird shit.

Then we tried to watch the second episode and it was just too fucking weird.  We binged right into it, since the first episode was only 30 minutes, and when we paused about 1/3 of the way through, Mrs. Orbert said it was just too weird.  I suggested we switch to something else, and she was okay with that.  I'll probably check out the rest of it tomorrow while she's working.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2021, 08:20:02 AM »
I’m contemplating just waiting until all the episodes are available. Watched the first two and I’m sure they have a ‘plan’ here but for me there’s a fine line between a unique was to tell a story and an utter mess. Right now I’m debating which one it is.

Certainly there’s a method to what they’re doing but I think I’d rather have all the episodes available to be able to churn through and get the answers ams the story all at once.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2021, 08:55:48 AM »
I don't think it's a mess. It's just 98% classic sitcom at this point with hints of something developing. I agree this may be a better one to just sit down and watch all at once. I trust the MCU people to make a great show so I'm sticking around. But without that history of great stories, they'd be losing me on this show.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2021, 09:49:33 AM »
I was reading through IMDB page and found this:

The series will serve as a link to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022).

The Stark toaster makes the same sound that the Iron Man suit makes when powering down.

The series is based on the comics "The Vision and the Scarlet Witch" (the two heroes have adventures together), "House of M" (Wanda creates an idyllic alternate reality) and "Visions" (the Vision tried to live a normal life with his family).

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is in talks to reprise his role as Pietro Maximoff for flashbacks.

In series one, episode two, the toy helicopter that Wanda finds in the hedge outside their home bears the S.W.O.R.D logo (Sentient World Observation and Response Department) printed on the side.

In series one, episode two, the trophy that Wanda and Vision receive for winning the inaugural comedy section of the talent competition is exactly the same as the trophy Scott Lang receives from his daughter titled 'Worlds Greatest Grandma'

The TV ad in Season 1, Episode 2, displays a Strücker watch. It bears the Hydra name and logo on its face. Baron von Strücker is behind Hydra. He experimented on Wanda and her brother.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2021, 10:08:40 AM »
They are going to slow play this. Clearly we sort of know what is going on. I also have some theories around how Vision is there, since he died in the movies and all.

DUH!  I just got that.  "WandaVision" = "Wanda" (the girl) and "Vision" (the guy).  I just assumed, because of the sit-com thing, that it was "WandaVision" as in "Television". 

Sometimes I kill me.   

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2021, 10:18:30 AM »
Yeah, that took me a little longer than it should have, too.  "Wandavision" sounds like a camera on Wanda 24/7.  Which, now that I think about it, I would probably watch.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 03:26:58 PM »
Wow.  I went back and watched the second episode again, from the start (without Mrs. Orbert, who possibly has bailed on this show).

The first episode had references and homages to countless black-and-white sitcoms.  The living room is the Petrie's from The Dick Van Dyke Show.  The musical theme incorporated cues and callbacks to Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, I Love Lucy, and probably others.  Those are just the obvious ones.  Kathryn Hahn as Agnes the neighbor is Gladys Kravitz plus every nosy neighbor cliché character, plus some unidentified weirdness.  Mr. Hart was Darrin Stevens' boss Mr. Tate merged with a few other "boss" characters, including Mr. Slate.  Even Mrs. Hart was Ethel Mertz, Lucy and Ricky Ricardo's friend, give or take a few other clichés.  It was like they put all of these ingredients into a blender and somehow a cohesive screenplay came out, though obviously it was the opposite; it was a very carefully crafted blend of all these ingredients.

Episode 2 focused more directly on the Bewitched parallels (including the awesome opening credits), but also upped the weirdness factor.  This is where Mrs. Orbert bailed, but right where I was finally starting to get sucked in.  I'm still not sure what to make of it, but we're getting stronger indications that things are not as they seem.  Well, yeah, obviously, but what are they really?  Wanda kept asking Vision, as though she really needed to hear him reassure her, whether this was all real.  And I'm pretty sure it's not (we keep hearing someone ask "Wanda, who is doing this to you?"), but have no effing idea what reality is.

I have the feeling that Episode 3 will explain a lot of things.  And probably crank up the weirdness factor some more.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2021, 02:52:04 AM »
I looks like each episode will be set in different decade, maybe playing homage to a popular sitcom of that decade.

First two episodes were OK I thought, but like that Episode of Mr Robot that set itself in a sitcom it does start to become tiresome, glad the episode are short.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 07:38:34 AM »
<Door opens>
Group:  "WANDA!"

Nick Fury:  "Hey Wanda, how's life treating you?"

Wanda:   "Like a baby treats a diaper.  Pour me a beer, Nicky!"

Vision:  "So in short, 'DNA' stands for 'Dames are Not Aggressive.  Now, let's talk about the steam combustion engine."

Online Adami

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2021, 07:41:09 AM »
<Door opens>
Group:  "WANDA!"

Nick Fury:  "Hey Wanda, how's life treating you?"

Wanda:   "Like a baby treats a diaper.  Pour me a beer, Nicky!"

Vision:  "So in short, 'DNA' stands for 'Dames are Not Aggressive.  Now, let's talk about the steam combustion engine."

Maybe it’s the fact that I’m currently doing a big Cheers (into Frasier) rewatch, but now I’ll be disappointed if they don’t do this.
fanticide.bandcamp.com