Author Topic: Mashups  (Read 594 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Mashups
« on: September 19, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »
Having recovered my old laptop files. I have finally done what I wanted to do after hearing these songs

K'Naan - Wavin' Flag

Matisyahu - One Day

I made of mashup of both songs. It's not how I really hear it in my head (When I figure out how to play the songs, I'll do it then) but with what I had available, this is the result.

K'Naan/Matisyahu - One Day Waving Flag

It's something I did for fun, and wanted people to hear and get back comments and thoughts. I have 4 more of these types of Mashups, I don't know if YouTube will take it down if I set the privacy to public or not, but it's why I left it Private.

If I get enough, responses and comments about it, I'll switch it to public.

Also, if any of you have any as well, feel free to post them. I can't be the only one who does this.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online HOF

Re: Mashups
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 08:58:13 AM »
Not familiar with either of those songs, but the mashup definitely works!

In my head I’ve always imagined you could cut up and rearrange the intros/verses/bridges/choruses for Asia’s Heat of the Moment, The Outfield’s Your Love, and Rick Springfield’s Jesse’s Girl, and it would sound like they go together. In reality I’m not sure the keys are the same though.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 09:24:07 AM »
Not familiar with either of those songs, but the mashup definitely works!

In my head I’ve always imagined you could cut up and rearrange the intros/verses/bridges/choruses for Asia’s Heat of the Moment, The Outfield’s Your Love, and Rick Springfield’s Jesse’s Girl, and it would sound like they go together. In reality I’m not sure the keys are the same though.

There are ways to intertwine them if they're similar in sound because of Key, Scale, or progression. It's how you create Medleys.

See I hear the songs, usually from shuffle, and hear it in my head as well too. Since I don't have stems, I can't chop and mix.

Pendulum actually sent Devin Townsend the stems for The Island.Pt1 as he liked the song. And created Save Our Now, which would maybe be my next project  :biggrin:

And thanks for the reply
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 09:29:11 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline dparrott

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 02:14:50 PM »
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.