Author Topic: Mod Arcane coding his job  (Read 470 times)

Offline Amerzone

Mod Arcane coding his job
« on: September 02, 2020, 08:27:20 PM »
I feel like if they ordered it at the exact same manner as OSRS gold has (Pre-wars retreat because its waaaay too OP) with maybe some different rewards or improvements to already existing gear/slayer related stuff it would work good, like imbues for leafbladed equipment, possibly an excess ban/extend slot for jobs after so long etc may even go as far as to grow the term of item degrades and strands by like 5 percent, nothing too OP but stuff that would still make it worthwhile. I hope they just refuse it and he learns that he can't simply dev what he wants, but what the community as a whole desires.

Tbh though some of it is really good but the bigger picture was not considered, which is usually the case with new devs. In a lot of cases they look past a great deal of obvious nerf options to balance it (in RS3 the helm doesn't work on boss master tasks such as which would balance things or just to provide one task each week or that you need to purchase tasks for 50 points or something limited to one per day and the helm is allowed) and they might not have bothered with boss teleports and a lot of the tertiary stuff since the osrs community is best with slim and non-revolutionary updates that are then expanded on according to community feedback.

This is just a bad dev arrangement however, they should have had him working under someone on the jungle boss rework rather than changing the most popular ability in RuneScape because his first job. Agreed, slayer is an OP money manufacturer and combat training method already (or guess correctly powered) so meddling at all should be carried out by people nearer to RuneScape and community. I'm pretty sure it is regarded as a learning experience for him of being effective at adjusting his raw concept to something community could actually vote or see the outcome of the polls.

There is not any way that he did some of this without explicit approval from on high. It is not like they simply told him to get cracking and they'd survey whatever. He probably got promoted to direct developer for suggesting porting RS3 content and SLAYER. I do not think a brand new mods first project should be on something that can/will effect RuneScape in this type of sizable way/scale. At least not without a shit ton of supervision and babysitting (and that point whats the stage, just put a experienced dev onto it), that obviously hasn't happened.

As disrespectful because it is, his leash for his very first project shouldn't have been granted so much idle. He should not have been okayed to do something which affects so much of RuneScape to this level. Whoever saw him neglected by enabling this to come this far. We shouldn't have seen this, it should've been stopped if he purposed it as a concept to them. Has such a radical impact on RuneScape. Zero thought was put into the long-term effects it would have by this new dev. If he did, it definitely wasn't enough and he definitely does not understand enough. The OSRS team knows better. Or thought they did.

Or maybe this is an OSRS team hazing where they permit the community to ruin the hopes and dreams of a brand new mod. C'mon, give me something for RC which doesnt require me developing carpitunel to level.

It was interesting hearing the rationale is that players dont want to be"pressured" to do turael slayer simply to hunt for boss tasks. Clearly he's a lot of game experience, but he's catering to the exceptionally niche playerbase with this line of reasoning. And Jmods should stop saying"Do not fire us for the blog, its us collecting feedback" There are dozens of polls where they fall a blog with survey questions tagged on in the end, then the articles gets polled as is without listening to opinions until after it failed the poll. Its a valid concern that they will poll it without assessing the material. Imo it just needs to not be tied into the slayer helm dps buff, and its a workable part of content.

I don't think a new mods first job should be on some thing which can/will impact RuneScape in this type of sizable way/scale. At least not with a shit ton of supervision and babysitting (and that point whats the point, just set a seasoned dev onto it), which clearly has not happened. His leash for his project should not have been granted slack because it is, as disrespectful. He should not have been okayed to perform something which affects a lot of RuneScape to the degree. Whoever over saw by allowing this to come this far, him neglected. If he purposed it to them as an idea, we should not have noticed this buy RS3 gold, it should have been stopped. Has a drastic effect on RuneScape. Zero idea was put into the long-term effects it'd have by this new dev. If he did, it was not enough and he clearly does not understand enough. The OSRS team knows better. Or I thought they did.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Mod Arcane coding his job
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 08:28:15 PM »
Is that from the Bible?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 08:29:33 PM »
It's from the First Book of Whatthefuck.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 10:09:10 PM »
Dude is probably wandering around in a completely different section of the forum wondering, "Where the hell did my post go?"  :rollin :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 10:19:08 PM »
Dude is probably wandering around in a completely different section of the forum wondering, "Where the hell did my post go?"  :rollin :rollin

Check the other sections.
fanticide.bandcamp.com