Author Topic: Original song written with my old singer  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Original song written with my old singer
« on: August 28, 2020, 04:42:46 PM »
So my old singer, who I've been friends with for 18 years, joined me in putting together our first original together. 300 miles apart.

I recorded all the instruments and programmed all the drums with Hydrogen drum machine software, sent him the track and he wrote the lyrics and recorded the vocals. I threw some background vocals in and, despite knowing very little about mixing or producing, mixed it as he and I went back and forth making suggestions as to changes that would benefit the mix. Got it the best we could come up with and uploaded it to Cloudbounce for auto-mastering and here we are.

It isn't Led Zeppelin, but for the limited knowledge that went into it and being 300 miles apart, I kinda like it. Hope you guys do also.

https://soundcloud.com/cozmo-hagar/can-i-see-ya-tonight

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Original song written with my old singer
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 07:10:18 PM »
Coz, very cool. Love the intro riff and the solo is excellent. I mean that.

Why did it take 18 years to make a song with him? 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: Original song written with my old singer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 07:20:09 PM »
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

We've played in many cover bands together, and have never lived close to each other,  that we could make the time for it.  And hell, all there is now is time to do shit.  He mentioned it,  I remembered i had an old half assed recording thrown together that I'd forgotten about,  so I re-recorded everything sent it to him and he got to work on lyrics and melody. I'm pretty stoked about it. I've already got another tune in the works.