Author Topic: The UFO Discography And Listening Party Thread  (Read 143031 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The UFO Discography and Listening Party Thread NP: A Conspiracy Of Stars
« Reply #2065 on: December 10, 2020, 09:43:05 AM »
Ugh, would love to listen to Bridge and Spirit but I made a big mistake with who I bought them from. Seller took just over 7 days before shipping. Then to add insult to injury, they used DHL. Their super power is being 10x slower than the USPS has become. What's worse, is DHL will hand this off to the USPS. I'm calling 2 weeks before I see these.

I have recently made 2 orders from a seller on Discogs that is in Taiwan. In both cases I got my orders in 7 days. Anything sent domestically via DHL is usually a firm 2 weeks.

Did I say ugh?  >:(

8 days in and my prediction is tracking. 3 days ago, DHL says they handed it off to the USPS. USPS still says they are waiting for it. With the weekend approaching, no way I am getting this until sometime next week.

2 weeks to ship something form North Carolina to Illinois. Unbelievable.

You could walk it there in that time.  ;)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: The UFO Discography and Listening Party Thread NP: A Conspiracy Of Stars
« Reply #2066 on: December 10, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »
Ugh, would love to listen to Bridge and Spirit but I made a big mistake with who I bought them from. Seller took just over 7 days before shipping. Then to add insult to injury, they used DHL. Their super power is being 10x slower than the USPS has become. What's worse, is DHL will hand this off to the USPS. I'm calling 2 weeks before I see these.

I have recently made 2 orders from a seller on Discogs that is in Taiwan. In both cases I got my orders in 7 days. Anything sent domestically via DHL is usually a firm 2 weeks.

Did I say ugh?  >:(

8 days in and my prediction is tracking. 3 days ago, DHL says they handed it off to the USPS. USPS still says they are waiting for it. With the weekend approaching, no way I am getting this until sometime next week.

2 weeks to ship something form North Carolina to Illinois. Unbelievable.

You could walk it there in that time.  ;)

No kidding. This is more for the pissed off thread, but last week I ordered diabetes test strips for my dog (before we knew what would happen this week - check the dog thread in the General forum). I ordered them on Monday. I upgraded to 3-day shipping because we were testing much more frequently. They shipped on Monday afternoon. I got the tracking info. This was from Missouri - a state that BORDERS MINE. They arrived yesterday, the day after he passed and 9 days after shipping. What's worse, USPS said the delivery date should have been 12/5 - 5 days after shipping, not 3. After Saturday, they just removed any guess of a date and just said Arriving Late.

Sorry, I've about had it with the USPS.

I'm venting, sorry. Like I said in the dog thread, it's been a rough week. Back to the music.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The UFO Discography and Listening Party Thread NP: The Salentino Cuts
« Reply #2067 on: December 11, 2020, 07:34:17 AM »
Resurrection

https://open.spotify.com/album/2V0SPPVsUVbvXHMpDxkMNi?si=7JSD6BLHQBqVAxjLnzR7lQ

Released March 2, 2018

1. Heart And Soul (McAuley)
2. Warrior (All)
3. Take Me To The Church (White)
4. Night Moods (Bonnet)
5. The Girl With The Stars In Her Eyes (White)
6. Everest (Bonnet)
7. Messin' Around (Barden)
8. Time Knows When It's Time (McAuley)
9. Anchors Away (White)
10. Salvation
11. Livin' A Life Worth Livin' (Barden)
12. The Last Supper (All)

Michael Schenker-Guitar
Doogie White-Vocals
Gary Barden-Vocals
Graham Bonnet-Vocals
Robin McAuley-Vocals
Chris Glen-Bass
Ted McKenna-Drums
Steve Mann-Keyboards

Doogie White joins the lineup from the Michael Schenker Fest tour. Doogie sings three tracks and each other singer gets two.
This album is pretty strong all the way through.

The Doogie tracks carry on the great chemistry of the Temple Of Rock albums. The Bonnet sang Everest has probably the best solo, and the opening track Heart And Soul, a rocking tune sung by McAuley features Kirk Hammett trading solos with Michael.

Salvation is a nice instrumental that reminds me a little of Captain Nemo.

Even the two tracks with all of the vocals, Warrior and The Last Supper manage to be really good and stay out of corny territory.

This is an excellent album that I really like a lot.

Here's the promo video to Take Me To The Church
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #2068 on: December 11, 2020, 08:55:17 AM »
To me, the MSFest albums differs from Temple of Rock ones because they are more explicit on re-create a MSG classic vibe, but sometimes a bit forced and a bit more inconsistent. Nevertheless, I think they have a lot of great songs to appreciate.

Resurrection has 7 killer songs: Heart and Soul, the 3 Doggie songs (Take Me to the Church is incredibly good… like TAC said, the Doggie songs are among the best in those MSFest albums), the 2 Bonnet songs and Salvation.

Time knows when it’s time is a bit too much commercial McAuley Schenker for my taste, which I don’t like. I think Livin’ a Live Worth Livin’, Salvation and Rock Steady are average.  The Last Super is cool, but I do think Warrior is really corny (sorry TAC!).
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2069 on: December 11, 2020, 11:51:19 AM »
To me, the MSFest albums differs from Temple of Rock ones because they are more explicit on re-create a MSG classic vibe, but sometimes a bit forced and a bit more inconsistent. Nevertheless, I think they have a lot of great songs to appreciate.

Resurrection has 7 killer songs: Heart and Soul, the 3 Doggie songs (Take Me to the Church is incredibly good… like TAC said, the Doggie songs are among the best in those MSFest albums), the 2 Bonnet songs and Salvation.

Time knows when it’s time is a bit too much commercial McAuley Schenker for my taste, which I don’t like. I think Livin’ a Live Worth Livin’, Salvation and Rock Steady are average.  The Last Super is cool, but I do think Warrior is really corny (sorry TAC!).

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm fine with Warrior though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2070 on: December 11, 2020, 11:59:48 AM »
Robin really hasn’t lost a step in his singing whatsoever.  He had re-recorded Anytime and I bought it a couple years back on iTunes. Listening to that version along with the original there really isn’t much of a difference. Digging the songs on this album; cool concept bringing in all the previous singers so there is something for everyone.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2071 on: December 11, 2020, 12:26:44 PM »
Yeah, Robin still sounds amazing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2072 on: December 11, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
Zander?  Yes, yes, he does.    :)

(I'm kidding; I held a grudge against McAuley for years and years, but he won me when I saw him live and I kind of like the new stuff he's singing on.  He's probably the best singer of the group, now.  Graham has the best range, but his voice is so grating to me, and while I like Barden the best, he's an acquired taste and I know that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2073 on: December 11, 2020, 01:25:14 PM »
March 9, 2018
Berklee College Of Music
Boston

I loved how Michael walks out and introduces the band.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2074 on: December 11, 2020, 01:25:55 PM »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2075 on: December 11, 2020, 01:26:38 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2076 on: December 11, 2020, 02:55:36 PM »
Look at that muppet in the last shot ruining it and getting in the way!  :lol

But seriously, those pics are fantastic.  :metal

I got an order just yesterday that I haven't opened yet which I think has Resurrection in it.  Might have to wait til Sunday though.  There might also be another gem in that order too.....
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2077 on: December 11, 2020, 03:07:08 PM »
Hah!

One thing my wife hates about buying tickets is buying them so far out from the date of the show. The Schenker tix went on sale damn near a year out. But when I got a sniff of Schenker playing in Boston, I was on it. Knowing what side of the stage he stays on, we got seats like 3 rows back on the aisle.

The show was at Berklee, which is a surprisingly small auditorium. I saw Dream Theater there in 1994.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2078 on: December 11, 2020, 03:14:10 PM »
Hah!

One thing my wife hates about buying tickets is buying them so far out from the date of the show. The Schenker tix went on sale damn near a year out. But when I got a sniff of Schenker playing in Boston, I was on it. Knowing what side of the stage he stays on, we got seats like 3 rows back on the aisle.

The show was at Berklee, which is a surprisingly small auditorium. I saw Dream Theater there in 1994.

Considering your pics.  Buying them so early was a year out.  You'd think a guy like Schenker most would be gunning for his side of the stage.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2079 on: December 11, 2020, 03:29:53 PM »
Seeing Schenker was fantastic. But I've never seen Grahanm Bonnet live before. It was also great to see Chris Glen and Ted McKenna.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2080 on: December 11, 2020, 03:40:43 PM »
 :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2081 on: December 11, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »
I just can't quite understand the look of the hat with the sunglasses.  :lol  I much preferred the baseball cap look.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2082 on: December 11, 2020, 03:45:04 PM »
He took advice from Corey Hart

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2083 on: December 11, 2020, 03:47:57 PM »
He took advice from Corey Hart

But he's not wearing the sunglasses.....hmmmmmm

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2084 on: December 11, 2020, 03:54:38 PM »
Well, a Christmas miracle occurred today. My 2 Fest albums, Bridge and Spirit arrived today. Odd, since the USPS still says they have not taken possession of them yet.

This is a cool nugget, both albums are the Deluxe versions and each has a bonus track. After I finished putting them into my iTunes library I checked my song count - a clean 30,000. I thought the Strangers Deluxe box would have gotten the honor, but I'm glad it stayed in the UFO family.

Now I need to listen to these. Resurrection is on order from the Nuclear Blast Black Friday sale. Don't think they have even shipped my order yet. No clue when I will get that.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2085 on: December 11, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »
Well, a Christmas miracle occurred today.  Bridge and Spirit arrived today.

Awesome, you deserve something good after the last week you've had. These are two excellent albums and we'll await your report. ;D

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #2086 on: December 11, 2020, 04:40:24 PM »
Just out of curiosity, those MSFest albums I like much more hearing the mp3s grouped this way and in this order: Doogie songs, McAuley songs, Bonnet songs, Barden songs, instrumental song and all vocalists songs (working like a encore or bonus tracks). I think both albums begin very strong and flow better this way.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2087 on: December 11, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »
Well, a Christmas miracle occurred today. My 2 Fest albums, Bridge and Spirit arrived today. Odd, since the USPS still says they have not taken possession of them yet.

This is a cool nugget, both albums are the Deluxe versions and each has a bonus track. After I finished putting them into my iTunes library I checked my song count - a clean 30,000. I thought the Strangers Deluxe box would have gotten the honor, but I'm glad it stayed in the UFO family.

Now I need to listen to these. Resurrection is on order from the Nuclear Blast Black Friday sale. Don't think they have even shipped my order yet. No clue when I will get that.

BRIDGE. THE. GAP.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2088 on: December 11, 2020, 04:45:10 PM »
Wolf I don’t know about you but I would classify it as more of a Festivus

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2089 on: December 11, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »
Wolf I don’t know about you but I would classify it as more of a Festivus

Since it's Festivus, Prof is going to unload on USPS, he has a lot of problems with them!  Nuclear Blast too by the sounds of it soon.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2090 on: December 11, 2020, 04:54:29 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2091 on: December 11, 2020, 05:30:05 PM »
Just out of curiosity, those MSFest albums I like much more hearing the mp3s grouped this way and in this order: Doogie songs, McAuley songs, Bonnet songs, Barden songs, instrumental song and all vocalists songs (working like a encore or bonus tracks). I think both albums begin very strong and flow better this way.

Funny you mention that. I haven't reordered both albums, but here's a couple shots of my iPod. I made a DoogEP. Get it? Doogie plus EP...err..nevermind. ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2092 on: December 11, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »
DoogEP with 13 bonus tracks (the entire Bridge the Gap album)  :metal :metal :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2093 on: December 11, 2020, 05:37:12 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2094 on: December 11, 2020, 05:46:27 PM »
Tim is that an iPod classic?  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2095 on: December 11, 2020, 06:36:10 PM »
Yes!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2096 on: December 11, 2020, 07:20:55 PM »
New track

After The Rain

This song blows! Schenker sounds great of course, but when he said Michael Voss was singing some songs, that made me cringe. With good reason.

Shenker is a god though because somehow he was able to get Sam Kinison to play drums.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2097 on: December 11, 2020, 08:07:26 PM »
Blows chunks?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2098 on: December 11, 2020, 08:09:09 PM »
Big monkey ones!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2099 on: December 11, 2020, 08:16:58 PM »
Bugger.  Will check it out later.