Author Topic: The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught  (Read 173892 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught
« Reply #945 on: September 16, 2021, 09:48:56 AM »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #946 on: September 16, 2021, 10:34:51 AM »
Alec's eyes make or break that meme.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #947 on: September 17, 2021, 10:45:20 AM »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #948 on: September 17, 2021, 10:48:04 AM »
 :tup

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #949 on: September 17, 2021, 10:48:32 AM »
 :'(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #950 on: September 17, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »
:'(
Your response is better than the joke. :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #952 on: September 22, 2021, 03:25:48 AM »

Better than all these remakes though.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: September 24, 2021, 10:54:38 AM »
https://youtu.be/3uItJuJeuDg

I may be the only one that thinks this is funny, but oh well.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #954 on: September 24, 2021, 12:57:25 PM »

Fucking hysterical.

No need for the passive/aggressive kotowboy style disclaimer, that shit is hella funny.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #955 on: September 24, 2021, 01:22:53 PM »
I tried earlier, but "not available in your country"

:kotowboy:

Oh wait... wrong code.

:emo:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #956 on: September 24, 2021, 01:54:16 PM »

For those, like me, who might be reluctant to click on a random YouTube link (source notwithstanding), this is a recent, Muppet Show themed SNL skit.

The cast of SNL for the past ten seasons or so has been on par with the best casts in show history.  For me, the gold standard was the group that started in 1986/87.  At that time, the show was reeling from a series of one-and-done players, many of whom went on to success elsewhere but who weren't super notable on SNL (Joan Cusack, Robert Downey Jr., etc.).  In a two season span, you got A. Whitney Brown, Nora Dunn, Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Jan Hooks, Victoria Jackson and Kevin Nealon, and all of those folks stuck around for a minimum of four seasons.  And the follow up group with folks like Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, Cheri Oteri and Jimmy Fallon was almost as good.  The current cast, including Kenan Thompson, Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Cecily Strong, Beck Bennett and Colin Jost (along with some recent departures like Bill Hader, Vanessa Bayer and Nasim Pedrad) is just exceptional.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #957 on: September 24, 2021, 02:46:59 PM »

Oh wait... wrong code.

It's an SNL skit spoofing the two old dudes on the muppet show who heckle all the time.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #958 on: September 24, 2021, 02:52:08 PM »
That skit is GOLD.  I remember watching that with my wife, who is a huge Jim Henson/Muppets fan, and she thought it was hysterical as well. :rollin
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: September 24, 2021, 03:11:32 PM »
I can't say I'm the biggest Keegan-Michael Key fan, but that episode he hosted was solid top to bottom.

The cast always sort of gets slagged, but I am a big fan.  I can do without the overt political references (they're not poking good-natured fun) and the obligatory crowd screams that follow, but when they're not too preachy, they're funny.  One thing about these recent seasons is that they're not really relying on repeat characters as much. That's a good thing.  This is also one of the strongest (if not THE strongest) female casts they've ever had.   Kate McKinnon is the "star", but Cecily Strong, Ego Nwodim, Chloe Fineman, Aidy Bryant, and Melissa Villaseñor are top quality.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #960 on: September 24, 2021, 07:51:26 PM »
Somewhere in that 5+ minutes there was a pretty funny 2:30 minute skit. It's like late-2000s DT decided to try their hand at comedy.

If you want true S&W gold, check them out murdering Milton Berle.

https://youtu.be/PGfx3QAV64M
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #961 on: September 24, 2021, 08:04:10 PM »

I have no idea who Keegan-Michael Key is, but he was pretty good in this. And Keenan Thompson FTW!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online T-ski

« Reply #962 on: September 24, 2021, 08:28:55 PM »
Can’t say I agree the current cast of SNL is one of the best. They definitely miss more than they hit. They also like to go more for the cheap, crass joke over the smart, intelligent joke.

Their political skits the past couple of years were some of the worst. When the internet can make a better joke than the show, your writers are not doing a good job.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #963 on: September 27, 2021, 07:25:03 AM »
Can’t say I agree the current cast of SNL is one of the best. They definitely miss more than they hit. They also like to go more for the cheap, crass joke over the smart, intelligent joke.

Their political skits the past couple of years were some of the worst. When the internet can make a better joke than the show, your writers are not doing a good job.

Well, that's kind of what I was referring to when I said "when they are not too preachy".   The funny ideas that are developed hit more than they miss.   When they have a message - "Trump is bad!", "Republican leadership is deplorable!" - it gets to be interminable.   The ONLY politica funny that I see on that show now is the weekly picture of Mitch McConnell smiling and Colin Jost saying something along the lines of  "Mitch McConnell - seen hear watching a bus of nuns and children driving into a ravine".  Eveyrthing else (politically) is tired and predictable.

But the rest, I think, is pretty funny. Certainly the "song parodies" (the pretaped videos) are usually a hit.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #964 on: September 27, 2021, 10:55:05 AM »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #965 on: September 27, 2021, 11:22:18 AM »

You have to distinguish between the cast and the writers.  Also, I think SNL has always been pretty hit or miss.  Cheap and crass was the name of the game with the original cast that so many seem to revere (and which I think is massively overrated).  But I agree that a lot of the recent political stuff has crossed the line between "funny stuff with a political flavor" and "political ranting that tries to be funny" (a la Samantha Bee and early '90s George Carlin).

Certainly the "song parodies" (the pretaped videos) are usually a hit.

It's eight years old now, but half of this group is still around, and I think the "Twin Bed" sketch might be the funniest thing that ever aired on SNL (if Jimmy Fallon's "rap" and the 7th grade photo breakdown don't have you in stitches, then I don't know what to say):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-QG-rFf4po

Online T-ski

« Reply #966 on: September 27, 2021, 03:18:03 PM »

You have to distinguish between the cast and the writers.  Also, I think SNL has always been pretty hit or miss.  Cheap and crass was the name of the game with the original cast that so many seem to revere (and which I think is massively overrated).  But I agree that a lot of the recent political stuff has crossed the line between "funny stuff with a political flavor" and "political ranting that tries to be funny" (a la Samantha Bee and early '90s George Carlin).

Certainly the "song parodies" (the pretaped videos) are usually a hit.

It's eight years old now, but half of this group is still around, and I think the "Twin Bed" sketch might be the funniest thing that ever aired on SNL (if Jimmy Fallon's "rap" and the 7th grade photo breakdown don't have you in stitches, then I don't know what to say):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-QG-rFf4po

I’m pretty sure most, if not all of the cast writes material for the show. I just see them go for the obvious joke to often these days.

It could be just me, but I like the casts that could create characters that you’d hope to see every episode. Church Lady, Wayne, The Cheerleaders, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer, Pat, The Roxbury Guys, etc. I’m not sure there are many if any reoccurring characters from the last few years that aren’t impressions.

And Stadler, the Colin Jost/Mitch McConnell lines are gold.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #968 on: September 28, 2021, 03:51:01 AM »

Oh wait... wrong code.

:emo: Hey i resemble that remark!!

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #969 on: September 28, 2021, 01:21:47 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: September 28, 2021, 02:04:14 PM »
My absolute favorite Guy Fieri meme ever.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #971 on: September 28, 2021, 02:31:31 PM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #972 on: September 28, 2021, 02:48:33 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #973 on: September 28, 2021, 02:51:15 PM »

I'm surprised people aren't wearing these already.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #974 on: September 29, 2021, 05:25:55 AM »

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #975 on: September 29, 2021, 05:59:41 AM »
OMG!  The Ralph one!!!   :rollin :rollin

Offline pg1067

« Reply #976 on: September 29, 2021, 09:56:37 AM »
The one with the cats and the one underneath it.   :lol :lol :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #977 on: September 29, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »

I'm surprised people aren't wearing these already.
Idiot ex-gf was bagging on people for this. I wear a mask that loops around my head, not just the ears. I'm always wearing shades and/or readers. I've normally got a cap or a bandanna on my noggin. I've still got a wee bit of long hair, plus a big-ass beard. Taking the stupid thing on and off is annoying AF. If I'm driving from one store to the next, typically less than 5 minutes, I'm leaving the damn thing on.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #978 on: September 29, 2021, 01:37:52 PM »
When I'm getting out of the car, I automatically reach for my mask to put on.  Whether I'm going to work, the store, wherever, I'm going to need it on, so I always have one stashed in my shirt pocket.  A couple of times after running to the store for something, I've gotten home and upon getting out of the car, I reach for my mask only to realize that it's already on.  That, and I'm home now, so I don't actually need to put it on, but hey, I spend half my life on autopilot these days anyway.  But what it does mean is that I've driven around a few times alone in the car with a mask on, simply because I didn't realize it was on.  No biggie.  If anything, maybe even a good thing.  If people are so used to wearing masks that they wear them when they don't even have to, that's good.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #979 on: September 29, 2021, 03:11:05 PM »
The ONLY places I've worn a mask for the last six months have been medical offices and when walking between the outside door of my workplace and into my office, and that's only because my employer mandated that we wear them unless we're in our offices with the door closed.  I own one mask (although I have a couple of the disposable ones in my office and my car).  As soon as I get to a place where I can take it off, it goes off.