Author Topic: The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught  (Read 174490 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught
« Reply #525 on: February 27, 2021, 09:00:30 PM »
How dare you post on the weekends Stadler! :lol

Haha! Slow night; the wife is sleeping and Supermarket Stakeout isn't holding my attention, so....   :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #526 on: February 27, 2021, 09:04:59 PM »

Haha! Slow night; the wife is sleeping and Supermarket Stakeout isn't holding my attention, so....   :)

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #527 on: February 27, 2021, 09:22:41 PM »

:tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #528 on: February 27, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »
Tac quoted you to show that us old bastards love those boring Saturday nights.  Quiet is amazing. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #529 on: March 01, 2021, 10:48:58 AM »
You know what you WON'T find in this thread.......anything Trevor Noah ever speaks or does. Quite possibly the most overrated 'comedian/entertainer' of the past decade. I honestly can't understand how he is even a 'thing'.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #530 on: March 01, 2021, 11:17:32 AM »
You know what you WON'T find in this thread.......anything Trevor Noah ever speaks or does. Quite possibly the most overrated 'comedian/entertainer' of the past decade. I honestly can't understand how he is even a 'thing'.

I started to warm up to him a couple years after Stewart retired.  But the pandemic version of The Daily Show is awful.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #531 on: March 01, 2021, 12:29:20 PM »

I started to warm up to him a couple years after Stewart retired.  But the pandemic version of The Daily Show is awful.

All I've seen of him is from the bumpers and advertisements, and I've not seen anything that makes me want to watch him.  I'm sort of done with the arrogant, moral, preaching "comedy" that's only funny for those that buy into the ethos.   Guys like Carlin were funny regardless of whether you bought in to his (real/perceived) iconoclasm and/or rebeliousness.   I can remember sitting in the audience watching Carlin - I was working at GE at the time - and leaning over to my boss at the time and saying "He's pretty much making fun of US, but goddamn is he doing a good job of it!".   There just seems to be such a dark undercurrent to the current comedy that just makes it hard to let go if you're not already bought in.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #532 on: March 01, 2021, 01:02:38 PM »
Guys like Carlin were funny regardless of whether you bought in to his (real/perceived) iconoclasm and/or rebeliousness.   I can remember sitting in the audience watching Carlin - I was working at GE at the time - and leaning over to my boss at the time and saying "He's pretty much making fun of US, but goddamn is he doing a good job of it!".

I LOVED George Carlin.  I first heard of him via a borrowed cassette copy of A Place for My Stuff when I was a sophomore in high school (82-83).  I went back and heard more of his old stuff and some of the stuff he did later in the 80s.  I then went to see him live in October 1991, and I thought it SUCKED.  I viewed Carlin as someone whose comedy occasionally hit on political themes, but the guy I saw was a political ranter who was only occasionally funny.  I never went back to him after that.

I don't really have any idea who Trevor Noah is.  The name is vaguely familiar, but I googled him, and didn't recognize him.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #533 on: March 01, 2021, 02:02:59 PM »
Guys like Carlin were funny regardless of whether you bought in to his (real/perceived) iconoclasm and/or rebeliousness.   I can remember sitting in the audience watching Carlin - I was working at GE at the time - and leaning over to my boss at the time and saying "He's pretty much making fun of US, but goddamn is he doing a good job of it!".

I LOVED George Carlin.  I first heard of him via a borrowed cassette copy of A Place for My Stuff when I was a sophomore in high school (82-83).  I went back and heard more of his old stuff and some of the stuff he did later in the 80s.  I then went to see him live in October 1991, and I thought it SUCKED.  I viewed Carlin as someone whose comedy occasionally hit on political themes, but the guy I saw was a political ranter who was only occasionally funny.  I never went back to him after that.

I don't really have any idea who Trevor Noah is.  The name is vaguely familiar, but I googled him, and didn't recognize him.
Ninety-one was a weird time for George. Gulf War I really pissed him off a lot. He'd been moving in a more political direction, but that really put him into rant mode. Overall, and through the course of his career, he was just opposed to bullshit. Quite strongly opposed. Which side the bullshit came from wasn't really a consideration. In that case the biggest pile imaginable was stacking up so he was pretty much going 110% at Bush. It was massively anti-republican, and he was as pissed off as you'll ever hear him.

For what it's worth, later in his career (and life) he became more philosophical than political, and definitely less angry. He'd still go on rants about things that pissed him off, but they tended to be more along the lines of what he was doing in the APfMS. Stupid expressions, or irrational beliefs.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2021, 02:14:11 PM »
I don't know it's shocking to me that conservative people wouldn't love The Daily Show*

*may contain sarcasm

:P

For the record, I don't think he's funny.  Jon Stewart was funny.  This guy?  Eh, sometimes I chuckle.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2021, 02:19:00 PM »
I saw him in Vegas in the '99-2000 time frame, some time, but not long, before he stopped his regular engagements in Vegas.  That's a decent story, in line with what we're already talking about.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2021, 02:20:28 PM »
Noah has funny moments, but he couldn't carry Stewart's jock.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2021, 02:32:59 PM »
I don't know it's shocking to me that conservative people wouldn't love The Daily Show*

For the record, I don't think he's funny.  Jon Stewart was funny.  This guy?  Eh, sometimes I chuckle.

I liked TDS when Stewart was on there because not only was/is Stewart naturally just funny.....he's extremely intelligent. Noah is neither.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #538 on: March 01, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »

Ninety-one was a weird time for George. Gulf War I really pissed him off a lot. He'd been moving in a more political direction, but that really put him into rant mode. Overall, and through the course of his career, he was just opposed to bullshit. Quite strongly opposed. Which side the bullshit came from wasn't really a consideration. In that case the biggest pile imaginable was stacking up so he was pretty much going 110% at Bush. It was massively anti-republican, and he was as pissed off as you'll ever hear him.

For what it's worth, later in his career (and life) he became more philosophical than political, and definitely less angry. He'd still go on rants about things that pissed him off, but they tended to be more along the lines of what he was doing in the APfMS. Stupid expressions, or irrational beliefs.

Yeah, I think George Carlin was incredible, but for my enjoyment, it really depended on the era. Sometimes I watch his act and I feel like I'm being lectured. Being smart and clever doesn't always make you funny.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #539 on: March 01, 2021, 06:28:05 PM »
The Daily Show was the best when Craig Kilborn was on.

:runs out of thread.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2021, 06:39:25 PM »
I remember when Craig Kilborn would do Sportscenter with Brett Haber and it was no wonder where black people get the idea on how to mimic white people talking.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #541 on: March 02, 2021, 10:59:05 AM »

All I've seen of him is from the bumpers and advertisements, and I've not seen anything that makes me want to watch him.  I'm sort of done with the arrogant, moral, preaching "comedy" that's only funny for those that buy into the ethos.   Guys like Carlin were funny regardless of whether you bought in to his (real/perceived) iconoclasm and/or rebeliousness.   I can remember sitting in the audience watching Carlin - I was working at GE at the time - and leaning over to my boss at the time and saying "He's pretty much making fun of US, but goddamn is he doing a good job of it!".   There just seems to be such a dark undercurrent to the current comedy that just makes it hard to let go if you're not already bought in.

Yeah, I mean there is a big difference to me between (1) making fun of something for comedic effect, on one hand, and (2) talking down to and claiming moral superiority over another group due to ideological differences for comedic effect, on the other hand.  I have never found the latter to be funny, no matter which side of the aisle it is coming from.  I mean, sometimes, it can be a fine line.  Barto's analysis of Carlin is pretty good in that, even during the times when Carlin may have arguably crossed that line, he was pretty aware of it, and it wasn't really a partisan issue at all, and he generally was pretty skilled at not alienating whichever group he was ranting against.  From what little I have seen of Noah, he falls VERY squarely into the latter group and has pretty much NONE of the skill or self-awareness of a Carlin. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #542 on: March 02, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »
Add me to the group that doesn't find Trevor Noah funny at all.  TBH, I don't think I ever found the Daily Show funny either besides certain segments here and there, but Noah is significantly less funny than Stewart IMO.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #543 on: March 02, 2021, 12:40:33 PM »
Sorry to move on from the Trevor Noah bashing but this was too fucking funny not to share as soon as I saw it:

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #544 on: March 02, 2021, 01:34:44 PM »
Astounding!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #545 on: March 02, 2021, 01:57:32 PM »
I saw that on Facebook last night or this morning.  It's beautiful!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: March 02, 2021, 02:36:36 PM »
Not too many things make me actually laugh out loud at the office but I was fucking rolling when I saw that  :rollin

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #547 on: March 02, 2021, 03:12:46 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin. That is amazing.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #548 on: March 03, 2021, 03:38:52 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #549 on: March 03, 2021, 08:39:20 AM »
 :omg: :rollin :rollin

That was the best thing to wake up to...

"There's something you should know about me."

Loving Moleman as Abu...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #550 on: March 03, 2021, 11:09:22 PM »
I really enjoy Lip Sync stuff and this is well done.  :lol :lol :lol

The Legend of Beavis
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2021, 12:26:24 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #552 on: March 05, 2021, 05:04:41 AM »
:icy:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #553 on: March 05, 2021, 09:48:14 PM »

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: March 10, 2021, 08:09:20 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #555 on: March 10, 2021, 09:33:59 AM »
Fantastic!  I use that line all the time - We have three levels of service: good, fast, and cheap.  Pick any two

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #556 on: March 10, 2021, 10:32:57 AM »
 :lol :lol

That's a good one. It amazes me when people can't comprehend this, and wonder why their result isn't what they expected. I just laugh and say, what else did you expect, not my fault you set your expectations high that this service can not meet, it's why I set them low so I will be happier when the result exceeds those low expectations.

Like when a Gas Station bathroom is actually clean.  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #557 on: March 10, 2021, 02:28:33 PM »
My Dad pointed out that "value" used to mean getting a good deal or quality for your money.

Nowadays - "value" just means cheap / tacky.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #558 on: March 11, 2021, 04:18:54 AM »
Fantastic!  I use that line all the time - We have three levels of service: good, fast, and cheap.  Pick any two

You get two? Luxury.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #559 on: March 12, 2021, 07:00:07 AM »

You get two? Luxury.

Ah Yes - the Project Management Triangle

You want it good and fast - it ain't gonna be  cheap
You want it fast and cheap - it ain't gonna be good
You want it cheap and good - it ain't gonna be fast

How I have lived that my entire career.  :(