Author Topic: The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught  (Read 173731 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught
« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2020, 07:15:28 AM »
Oh for cryin out loud!

Seriously.... Just stop right there.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2020, 07:18:04 AM »
Oh for cryin out loud!

I really, really hope this was intentional.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2020, 08:11:33 AM »
Oh for cryin out loud!

Bat Out Of Hell is a Top 10 album of all time for me.  So, yeah... it most certainly was.

Maybe I can find a 3rd pun, cuz two out of three wouldn't be bad.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2020, 08:15:35 AM »
Oh for cryin out loud!

Bat Out Of Hell is a Top 10 album of all time for me.  So, yeah... it most certainly was.

Stop right there!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2020, 08:28:48 AM »
Oh for cryin out loud!

Stop right there!

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2020, 09:12:07 AM »
Oh for cryin out loud!

Stop right there!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I bet you say that to all the boys.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2020, 09:25:06 AM »
I love some meatloaf by the dashboard lights.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2020, 09:31:34 AM »
Oh for cryin out loud!

:hat Nice

Probably in my top 10 as well, but I'm a big fan of the second one as well (I liked III too).

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2020, 09:33:16 AM »
DTF, how I love thee.

@ Brian... II was very good, several highs peppered with a few lows (and some cringey song titles).  III was a crime against humanity.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2020, 09:41:35 AM »
DTF, how I love thee.

@ Brian... II was very good, several highs peppered with a few lows (and some cringey song titles).  III was a crime against humanity.

Was it a Bat Out Of Wuhan ?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2020, 10:56:01 AM »
Oh for cryin out loud!

Stop right there!
Oh for cryin out loud!

Seriously.... Just stop right there.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2020, 11:27:11 AM »
DTF, how I love thee.

III doesn't hold a candle to the first two, obvi, but I think it's got some of Meat's best work.

Cry Over Me is a heck of a ballad and It's All Coming Back To Me Now is excellent. Alive, Monstro, Blind as a Bat, and Bad for Good are fantastic, I think.

I saw him on the Three Bats Live tour and thought some of that album's songs were really awesome live.

I was about to put on a Rogan podcast, but I think I'm going to give that album a listen now instead. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2020, 11:38:05 AM »
BOOH is one of those works that transcends.  I happen to like Meat; he used to live the next town over from me, and while I never met him personally, I did see him once coaching his daughter's softball; they played at a field at a high school I played against.   I wouldn't say I love all his music, I wouldn't say I love that "genre" of music, but I can put on BOOH I and almost literally sing through the entire album.  It's just a part of the tapestry, and for good reason.   The Phil Rizzuto thing is a SHADE dated; I grew up listening to Phil call the Yankee games on WPIX 11, so that was a hometown favorite, but I can imagine people hearing that now and thinking "who the hell is that weird guy talking over the track???".  But the rest?  That's a quality record, top to bottom, independent of the artist, the time, or the genre.  (I liked II and III, but neither touch the original lightning in a bottle). 

Trivia:  Ellen Foley sings the duet with Meat on record, not Karla DeVito (who toured with the band and appeared in the video).  Foley now teaches at what started as the "School Of Rock"; kids from that school opened the Jon Anderson show I saw about a year ago in Ridgefield.   They were excellent; 17 year old high school kids jamming out on Yes ("South Side Of The Sky") and Steely Dan tunes (among others).  I smashed my guitar minutes after arriving home after the show.  :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2020, 11:39:12 AM »
DTF, how I love thee.

III doesn't hold a candle to the first two, obvi, but I think it's got some of Meat's best work.

Cry Over Me is a heck of a ballad and It's All Coming Back To Me Now is excellent. Alive, Monstro, Blind as a Bat, and Bad for Good are fantastic, I think.

I saw him on the Three Bats Live tour and thought some of that album's songs were really awesome live.

I was about to put on a Rogan podcast, but I think I'm going to give that album a listen now instead.

On the bolded point I agree wholeheartedly.  My beef with it is that I'd known the Celine Dion version for years, and Meat can't hold a candle to Celine.  Even the original (female band Pandora's Box) is better.

Maybe I should give it another shot, but when I first discovered it, I think I threw up in my ears a little.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2020, 11:49:44 AM »
BOOH is one of those works that transcends. I happen to like Meat; he used to live the next town over from me, and while I never met him personally, I did see him once coaching his daughter's softball; they played at a field at a high school I played against.   I wouldn't say I love all his music, I wouldn't say I love that "genre" of music, but I can put on BOOH I and almost literally sing through the entire album.  It's just a part of the tapestry, and for good reason.   The Phil Rizzuto thing is a SHADE dated; I grew up listening to Phil call the Yankee games on WPIX 11, so that was a hometown favorite, but I can imagine people hearing that now and thinking "who the hell is that weird guy talking over the track???".  But the rest?  That's a quality record, top to bottom, independent of the artist, the time, or the genre.  (I liked II and III, but neither touch the original lightning in a bottle). 

My ex-GF's dad paved his driveway (did Ron Howard's a few weeks back too) way back when. Said he was very pleasant.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2020, 12:00:02 PM »
BOOH is one of those works that transcends. I happen to like Meat; he used to live the next town over from me, and while I never met him personally, I did see him once coaching his daughter's softball; they played at a field at a high school I played against.   I wouldn't say I love all his music, I wouldn't say I love that "genre" of music, but I can put on BOOH I and almost literally sing through the entire album.  It's just a part of the tapestry, and for good reason.   The Phil Rizzuto thing is a SHADE dated; I grew up listening to Phil call the Yankee games on WPIX 11, so that was a hometown favorite, but I can imagine people hearing that now and thinking "who the hell is that weird guy talking over the track???".  But the rest?  That's a quality record, top to bottom, independent of the artist, the time, or the genre.  (I liked II and III, but neither touch the original lightning in a bottle). 

My ex-GF's dad paved his driveway (did Ron Howard's a few weeks back too) way back when. Said he was very pleasant.

Where does Howard live (town, not looking to expose him)?   I knew he was in CT; but I had heard a couple places, including Litchfield.    Meat was in Easton/Redding (they are two different towns).  There are a ton of celebs in that area; I've talked about going to a bar up that way where Ritchie Blackmore used to hang out, and I was driving in Westport at one point and Paul Newman was standing at the side of the road (at his mailbox).  Keith Richards lives in that area too.

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2020, 12:20:16 PM »
...The Phil Rizzuto thing is a SHADE dated; I grew up listening to Phil call the Yankee games on WPIX 11, so that was a hometown favorite, but I can imagine people hearing that now and thinking "who the hell is that weird guy talking over the track???".  ...

I think the whole baseball/sex analogy thing may be a bit dated too (getting to "first base", "second base", etc.); I am inexplicably addicted to watching music reactions on YouTube and have seen a few younger folks listen to Paradise and those references seemed to go right over their heads.

p.s.: I also grew up with Scooter, Frank Messer, and Bill White on Ch. 11

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »
...The Phil Rizzuto thing is a SHADE dated; I grew up listening to Phil call the Yankee games on WPIX 11, so that was a hometown favorite, but I can imagine people hearing that now and thinking "who the hell is that weird guy talking over the track???".  ...

I think the whole baseball/sex analogy thing may be a bit dated too (getting to "first base", "second base", etc.); I am inexplicably addicted to watching music reactions on YouTube and have seen a few younger folks listen to Paradise and those references seemed to go right over their heads.

p.s.: I also grew up with Scooter, Frank Messer, and Bill White on Ch. 11

Yeah!   "White (he always called people by their last names), you huckleberry!"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2020, 12:56:08 PM »
My beef with it is that...

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »
My beef with it is that...

I'd like to say that it was... so I will!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2020, 02:57:25 PM »
My problem with Marvin Lee Aday is that he doesn't write his own songs.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2020, 03:04:41 PM »

Why is that a problem?  Why doesn't anyone ever say that the problem with Frank Sinatra is that he didn't write his own songs?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2020, 08:23:52 AM »
Yes

:lolpalm:

But I stand by what i said. My friends band had their whole set on computer. They were all on a grid. No room for improv AT ALL. The MIDI even changed their guitar tunings between songs

and played backing vocals and samples at the right time so everything HAD to line up .

They all played AXE FX too so they basically were just playing the CD over the PA.

This could be a whole thread in and of itself. Interesting discussion, sure!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2020, 09:42:35 AM »

[who wants to tell him about jazz standards?]
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2020, 11:29:23 AM »

I don't know; you and I usually see eye-to-eye on that sort of thing, but I don't get the "writing" being so important.   By most standards, Elvis didn't write any of the almost 600 songs in his career; those were almost all "strong-arm" from Col. Tom. or the record company (songwriters were told "add Elvis to the publishing or he doesn't sing your song"; 50% of a million seller is better than 100% of nothing). 

Frank Sinatra.

99.9% of all famous opera singers.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2020, 12:39:12 PM »

There's always that guy taking it a bit too far.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2020, 01:26:12 PM »
Don't give mangini any ideas :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2020, 01:26:57 PM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 04:57:05 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2020, 07:02:19 PM »
So I saw this commercial on my TV this morning, and I had to take a picture..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2020, 07:13:03 PM »
 :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2020, 08:30:14 PM »
Please tell me that was for an ED clinic or medicine.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2020, 08:32:08 PM »

I know right. "Honey I'm going to the urologist".

I think it's for some sort of compression socks.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2020, 09:03:29 PM »

I know right. "Honey I'm going to the urologist".

I think it's for some sort of compression socks.

Every teenage boys ‘cock in a sock’ could use a little compression.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2020, 08:51:48 AM »
Lol honestly compression socks for jacofsky sounds legit

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2020, 10:59:12 AM »
It's really the "SCORE" institute.  AMIRITE?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC