Author Topic: The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught  (Read 174513 times)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught
« Reply #2310 on: January 05, 2023, 06:45:04 AM »
I am speechless; thank you, my friend.   :)

I'm glad to have brightened your day, friend. And our fellow DTFers.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2311 on: January 07, 2023, 02:31:43 AM »
:lol :rollin
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2312 on: January 30, 2023, 08:29:58 AM »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2313 on: January 30, 2023, 09:55:43 AM »
 :lol    Nice batch there  :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2314 on: January 30, 2023, 10:23:44 AM »
That lawn mower one is hilarious. and spot on about the volume.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2315 on: January 30, 2023, 06:58:52 PM »
King5 is one of my local channels!

That library one was great.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2316 on: February 02, 2023, 08:38:20 AM »

aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2317 on: February 02, 2023, 08:39:37 AM »
That last one :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2318 on: February 02, 2023, 08:52:12 AM »
I don't quite get the middle one, but that last one. I love a good pun.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2319 on: February 02, 2023, 09:51:58 AM »

I assume the middle one is a commentary on people on social media who try to refute science with, "oh, I saw on google that volcanos are really venting shafts for Joe Biden's evil factories that are run with slave labor."

The last one was good but a bit strained.  The fish soup thing I've seen before, and I'm quite partial to those sorts of things.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2320 on: February 02, 2023, 10:08:36 AM »

I assume the middle one is a commentary on people on social media who try to refute science with, "oh, I saw on google that volcanos are really venting shafts for Joe Biden's evil factories that are run with slave labor."

Well, they are.  So I don't see the joke.   

HAHA, I'm kidding!!! :) :) :): )   I think I get it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2321 on: February 06, 2023, 04:54:27 AM »
Just revisited a couple of my favourite rock interviews............the Ace Frehley "plumber" interview with Tom Snyder and this from Mr Dynamite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMhnIUOOLdE
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2322 on: February 06, 2023, 10:06:52 AM »

The expertise of the researcher is rather undercut by the phrase "one of the safest of energy".
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
ENE?
« Reply #2323 on: February 06, 2023, 11:31:34 AM »
Just revisited a couple of my favourite rock interviews............the Ace Frehley "plumber" interview with Tom Snyder and this from Mr Dynamite

That Kiss interview is golden, and I'm in the Gene/Paul camp.  :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2324 on: February 06, 2023, 12:46:30 PM »

That link is a James Brown interview??
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2325 on: February 06, 2023, 04:40:50 PM »

That link is a James Brown interview??

Yeah - "rock" might be stretching it .  He's more rock than half the people up for RRHOF nomination though  :metal

That Kiss interview is golden, and I'm in the Gene/Paul camp.  :)

I think Ace was funny only to those who didn't have to manage him  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2326 on: February 06, 2023, 04:45:14 PM »

Fuck man, I just stumbled across that a few weeks ago.  I've watched it like 10 times, it's outrageous!! One of the funniest things ever!

"JAM!!"  :lol
"What you say?"  :lol
"I'm concerned cause there's nothing wrong!"  :rollin
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2327 on: February 06, 2023, 04:45:56 PM »
I'll have to check the Ace one.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2328 on: February 06, 2023, 05:07:34 PM »

Fuck man, I just stumbled across that a few weeks ago.  I've watched it like 10 times, it's outrageous!! One of the funniest things ever!

"JAM!!"  :lol
"What you say?"  :lol
"I'm concerned cause there's nothing wrong!"  :rollin

Even the way he became all serious when tallking about the Lord  :lol  So many funny angles to it.

Here's the main part of the Ace interview (off his face obviously)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elwJNGS9aQ0

but as Stads hinted half the fun in that interview if you see the extended version is watching Paul and Gene fuming as the interview moves along.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 05:16:21 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2329 on: February 06, 2023, 05:13:55 PM »
The Kiss/Tom Snyder interview is an all time classic.

Tom: "I've got a pipe backstage that I want to show you."
Ace: "Tell me about it."
 :rollin :rollin

"I play the trout."  :lol :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2330 on: February 06, 2023, 08:22:33 PM »
Lol.  I click on that tonight.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2331 on: February 06, 2023, 08:25:23 PM »
Lol.  I click on that tonight.

Kade, here's the full interview. It's only a half hour but worth the watch. Watching Gene and Paul seething while Ace gets all of the attention is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Zuw1Y8QrU
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2332 on: February 06, 2023, 08:33:51 PM »
I'm on it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2333 on: February 07, 2023, 03:56:43 AM »
Just watched it.  Not a KISS fan but that was a good watch.  Gene's reactions are priceless.  And Paul with the 'put the bear down,' as Ace picks it up.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2334 on: February 07, 2023, 04:20:40 AM »
You can see Gene and Paul getting angry as the interview goes on. It's glorious. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2335 on: February 07, 2023, 07:02:58 AM »
To their credit, though, that interview, in it's entirety, was included on the Kissology video set.  I think there's enough distance these days that the world knows that was more about Ace being off the rails than Gene/Paul being control freaks.  Kiss is playing stadiums with no album, and Ace is barely putting 350 people into a club.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2336 on: February 07, 2023, 12:38:35 PM »
To their credit, though, that interview, in it's entirety, was included on the Kissology video set.  I think there's enough distance these days that the world knows that was more about Ace being off the rails than Gene/Paul being control freaks.  Kiss is playing stadiums with no album, and Ace is barely putting 350 people into a club.

Well, control freaks might be a tad strong, but Gene and Paul ultimately have a message to convey, and Ace basically stole that from them, or at least hindered it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2337 on: February 07, 2023, 03:29:31 PM »

Well, control freaks might be a tad strong, but Gene and Paul ultimately have a message to convey, and Ace basically stole that from them, or at least hindered it.

Honestly, I expected worse behaviour from Ace before watching it.  But, I kind of also expected worse behaviour from Gene and Paul.  While Gene and Paul are getting visibly annoyed (especially Gene), I honestly don't think it showed them in any real negative light like control freaks.  I think they held it together really well. I can definitely see how it comes across them perhaps being control freaks but I just think it shows how serious Gene and Paul are about their business and could just see in that moment the possibility of Ace tarnishing their brand in a way they didn't want.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2338 on: February 07, 2023, 03:39:22 PM »

Honestly, I expected worse behaviour from Ace before watching it.  But, I kind of also expected worse behaviour from Gene and Paul.  While Gene and Paul are getting visibly annoyed (especially Gene), I honestly don't think it showed them in any real negative light like control freaks.  I think they held it together really well. I can definitely see how it comes across them perhaps being control freaks but I just think it shows how serious Gene and Paul are about their business and could just see in that moment the possibility of Ace tarnishing their brand in a way they didn't want.

Right, that's what I was saying. Gene is always ready with some rehearsed response. He's quite impressed with himself in the things he says, and it's funny to see him get annoyed as Tom Snyder keeps turning his attention to Ace.

Ace didn't have bad behavior at all in this. He's just hilarious though the whole thing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2339 on: February 07, 2023, 03:56:07 PM »
The one thing that is indeed evident in that clip is how much Gene loves himself.  :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2340 on: February 08, 2023, 04:46:48 AM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2341 on: February 08, 2023, 06:37:10 AM »
The one thing that is indeed evident in that clip is how much Gene loves himself.  :lol

And the funny thing?  Paul is, by all accounts, as bad or worse than Gene in all those things, he's just allowed Gene to be the "front man" for the group.  Read Gene and Paul's books; the difference is as clear as day.  Gene's is just basically him rambling, and you get the sort of essence of Gene.  There's a lot of smarts there, but there's a fair amount of bullshit as well. He often talks about being a "self-made man", and he is, but a lot of it is just big balls and having little to no shame.  But it's mostly harmless, and if nothing else, he owns it and doesn't give a shit.  Paul's is very calculated.  I like Paul, especially the latter day Paul, but he is very much a "self-made man" in a very different way. He's almost willed himself into being this rock star and while he's been sort of candid about doing that over the past couple years, there's still a veil there, and I think he very much DOES give a shit.

I met them both (twice, once together and once individually), and talking to Gene was fun. He was breezy and relaxed. Once was actually on-stage and he talked to me like there was no one else in the room even though there were 1,000 people there.  Same the other time (I had the inserts of the two Alive records with me and he went through piucture by picture; it was cool AF).   Talking to Paul, even though he was nice and friendly and warm, was like talking to a persona.  I know a guy that did a couple of the cruises; he was sitting at a table next to Paul in the secured area, and a couple fans came up.  One of his handlers tried to shoo them away, and Paul turned to the guy next to him and said "don't worry about it; I can be the rock star for five minutes" and turned it on. 

I think that interview just showed the sort of differences between the two camps.  For Gene and Paul that was their life, their business, their dream.  For Ace and Peter it was a carnival ride. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2342 on: February 08, 2023, 06:48:34 AM »
  I think that interview just showed the sort of differences between the two camps.  For Gene and Paul that was their life, their business, their dream.  For Ace and Peter it was a carnival ride.

I agree.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2343 on: February 08, 2023, 07:02:19 AM »

And the funny thing?  Paul is, by all accounts, as bad or worse than Gene in all those things, he's just allowed Gene to be the "front man" for the group. 

I remember someone saying something like " Gene is a nice guy who plays an asshole and Paul is an asshole who plays the nice guy" and I think there is an element of truth to that.

I spent quite a bit of time with Gene on his 2018 tour .  The chance to be on stage with Gene I passed on to my son and he took over the joint  :)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2344 on: February 08, 2023, 07:27:48 AM »

And the funny thing?  Paul is, by all accounts, as bad or worse than Gene in all those things, he's just allowed Gene to be the "front man" for the group. 

I remember someone saying something like " Gene is a nice guy who plays an asshole and Paul is an asshole who plays the nice guy" and I think there is an element of truth to that.

I spent quite a bit of time with Gene on his 2018 tour .  The chance to be on stage with Gene I passed on to my son and he took over the joint  :)

Where was that? I did that too; I went up for "I Love It Loud" in Philly. There are vids of it, but some douchebag thought it was his chance to audition or something and hogged the mike.  I didn't care, I wasn't there to sing (I got to stand right next to Gene while he played) but he pushed out another young kid and I thought that was a real dick move.