Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 166587 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #3570 on: April 18, 2024, 06:11:56 PM »
Finally saw credits on Baldur's Gate 3, what a game. About 100 hours to beat the thing and there were still a few loose ends I didn't tie up. Top 10 game of all time.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #3571 on: April 19, 2024, 08:14:25 AM »
Finally saw credits on Baldur's Gate 3, what a game. About 100 hours to beat the thing and there were still a few loose ends I didn't tie up. Top 10 game of all time.
Yup, absolute all-timer. By the end, I was ready to move on, but I think that's more because I have so little time for games these days and was playing BG3 for like four months straight. :lol What was interesting for me is that even though there are so many different choices you can make, I was actually really happy with mine and I'm not sure I'd change much in a subsequent playthrough. I was just super satisfied with how it all played out.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3572 on: April 19, 2024, 08:52:32 AM »
I felt the same way, I don't have a ton of time for gaming and I've been playing BG3 for months now, I never felt like it was a chore though. I'm pretty happy with all my choices as well, I'm looking forward to replaying sometime in the next few years or so.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #3573 on: April 19, 2024, 10:01:53 AM »
That's pretty cool, wasn't aware of such a service

He's located in Georgia and also does Atari 2600s and Intellivisions and Commodore computers.  You can find him on Facebook.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3574 on: April 20, 2024, 11:41:19 AM »

Incredible game and actually made me like tactical turn based combat which is a genre I had zero interest in previously. I never do new game plus and the like but after my first 120+ hour playthrough I immediately made a new character and did another 80+ hour playthrough.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3575 on: April 20, 2024, 01:29:55 PM »
Bought the Cheech and Chong Call of Duty bundle, just so I could turn enemies into joints  :rollin

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1781763134492905797

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3576 on: April 21, 2024, 07:37:36 AM »
Bought the Cheech and Chong Call of Duty bundle, just so I could turn enemies into joints  :rollin

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1781763134492905797

:lol that's hilarious

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #3577 on: April 21, 2024, 09:18:28 AM »
About halfway through Obra Dinn. Been picking away at it slowly but as of yesterday feel like I'm on a little bit of a roll. It does succeed at making me feel very stupid, mind you. Good game. Reasonably confident I'll have it knocked out by the time Shadow of the Erdtree rolls around, although it might be the sort of thing that would act well as a breather when SotE gets to be too much.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3578 on: Today at 01:18:12 AM »
Had an urge playing Fallout. I have F76 since a couple of years but tried it two times but lost interest. I thought the MP experience ruined the immersion and with all the weird player buildings you encuntered.
Saw that they now have a singleplayer mode so I gave that a chance. The fact that they actually have a monthly fee 15 Euros only to play SP is so shitty but of course probably lucrative for them I guess. I tried it though but instantly cancel my subscription in order to only play one month.
It's alright though and feels a bit closer to what I would call a Fallout game. I got my fix, we'll see how long it lasts.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3579 on: Today at 06:47:12 AM »
When I was doing my Fallout playthrough a couple years I stopped short of F76, I should eventually give it a shot.

I started playing through the GTA games and I'm at GTA3 now and that game is a lot harder than I remember, unforgiving at some parts.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3580 on: Today at 06:55:00 AM »
When I was doing my Fallout playthrough a couple years I stopped short of F76, I should eventually give it a shot.

I started playing through the GTA games and I'm at GTA3 now and that game is a lot harder than I remember, unforgiving at some parts.

You really realize how bad controls used to be when you go back to games like that. It almost makes them unfun to play at times. Vice City was an improvement, and San Andreas really started to refine them.

I recently went to play Goldeneye for the first time in 20ish years, and I couldn't believe how awful it was. It's hard to believe that my friends and I spent hundred of hours playing that game.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3581 on: Today at 07:00:13 AM »
Yea, that was my first thought as well. I'm playing the emulated PS2 version this go around since the GTA3 games are better on PS2 and here is a short list of things I thought were in GTA3 but aren't:

- No mini map
- No free look while walking
- No free aim
- No markers for paint n spray or ammunation, you just gotta remember where that shit is
- No difficulty settings

Did you play the Goldeneye re-release on PC/xbox?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3582 on: Today at 07:15:48 AM »
Yea, that was my first thought as well. I'm playing the emulated PS2 version this go around since the GTA3 games are better on PS2 and here is a short list of things I thought were in GTA3 but aren't:

- No mini map
- No free look while walking
- No free aim
- No markers for paint n spray or ammunation, you just gotta remember where that shit is
- No difficulty settings

The no free look or aim was the worst. The closest we had was when using the sniper rifle.

No mini map? I'm 99% sure GTA-III had a mini map in the lower corner.

Did you play the Goldeneye re-release on PC/xbox?

I played it on an OG N64 with one of these controllers:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3583 on: Today at 07:18:53 AM »
The no free look or aim was the worst. The closest we had was when using the sniper rifle.

No mini map? I'm 99% sure GTA-III had a mini map in the lower corner.

I played it on an OG N64 with one of these controllers:

Sorry, I meant no actual map. You're right the minimap is there on the bottom left.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3584 on: Today at 07:40:39 AM »
The Definitive Edition re-release added that feature to both III and Vice City on the Switch, and it was a very welcomed addition. I haven't played San Andreas yet. I don't remember if that was a feature in the original release or not.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3585 on: Today at 10:00:22 AM »
You really realize how bad controls used to be when you go back to games like that. It almost makes them unfun to play at times. Vice City was an improvement, and San Andreas really started to refine them.

I recently went to play Goldeneye for the first time in 20ish years, and I couldn't believe how awful it was. It's hard to believe that my friends and I spent hundred of hours playing that game.

Yeah, those old games are really difficult to play these days.  They just don't feel right with the controls.