Author Topic: Lovecraft Country (HBO)  (Read 3099 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Lovecraft Country (HBO)
« on: August 24, 2020, 07:10:27 PM »
Holy shit that first episode was outstanding  :omg:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Lovecraft Country (HBO)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 09:31:06 AM »
I agree!

Still need to catch the second.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 11:03:25 AM »
Watched episode 2 this morning.

Um, is the show over?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 09:35:03 PM »
Watched episode 2 this morning.

Um, is the show over?

Nope, 10 episodes in season one. I think the new ones come out Sundays, though with the way that episode ended it's an understandable take.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 08:03:43 PM »
Holy crap that seance sequence in ep3 was mindblowing, such a great buildup of dramatic tension.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 09:25:37 AM »
Is anyone else still watching this?

This show has been batshit crazy, in the best possible way.  Definitely the most, um, interesting sex scenes I've ever seen.

One more episode to go!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 09:42:04 AM »
I have them DVR'd.  Haven't started yet.  Trying to finish off rewatching Star Trek DS9.  In the middle of season 6 right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 11:00:45 AM »
I have them DVR'd.  Haven't started yet.  Trying to finish off rewatching Star Trek DS9.  In the middle of season 6 right now.
I would put that on hold and watch Lovecraft Country.   :biggrin:

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 05:30:39 AM »
Sorry for the kinda lame question, and I suppose I could watch a trailer for myself, but.... in which time of the year is this set? it's something "summerish" or "autumnish"? I'm a sucker for watching shows in the appropriate time period and late October is perfect for some Lovecraftian stuff but if it's all happening in long and sweaty summer days it's gonna be a bit weird for me  :laugh:

I mean, it's not a dealbreaker, I'm not THAT obsessed with watching shows in the time of the year in which they happen, but if I can help it......
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 12:48:43 PM »
Sorry for the kinda lame question, and I suppose I could watch a trailer for myself, but.... in which time of the year is this set? it's something "summerish" or "autumnish"? I'm a sucker for watching shows in the appropriate time period and late October is perfect for some Lovecraftian stuff but if it's all happening in long and sweaty summer days it's gonna be a bit weird for me  :laugh:

I mean, it's not a dealbreaker, I'm not THAT obsessed with watching shows in the time of the year in which they happen, but if I can help it......
I didn't even know that was a thing.  How do you ever get anything watched?

I don't know that it's specific.  It seems to be hot all the time, but some parts of the US start getting hot in spring and can stay hot until the fall.  There's also a fair bit of time-jumping involved in the show.

So yeah, watch a trailer, I guess.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 08:11:25 AM »
Finally caught the finale.

Holy cow.  This entire series apparently captured the original novel, so I'm not sure whether or not there will be a second season.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 10:13:04 PM »
Finally getting back to this show. Watched the first few episodes a while back and stopped for no particular reason. On EP7 now.

All I can say is holy shit. EP5 and 6 are as close to perfect as storytelling can get.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 03:22:41 PM »
Is anyone else still watching this?

This show has been batshit crazy, in the best possible way.  Definitely the most, um, interesting sex scenes I've ever seen.

One more episode to go!

Finally got to that one....yikes...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 03:27:19 PM »
Great 1st season.  Yeah, that scene...
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC