Author Topic: Suite Clarity... new up and comers?  (Read 615 times)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Suite Clarity... new up and comers?
« on: August 17, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »
Saw these guys doing Reaction vids on Youtube, then researched their page.  They have an album out and their music is pretty damn good!  Anyone else heard them? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVE_8Xj7j5U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfWfVafAFPM&list=PLUTyhTyyyJ5Zt-2JoY7fQk_cC5KCKbFeE&index=5

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Suite Clarity... new up and comers?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 02:21:37 PM »
Yeah, I have heard some of their stuff too.  Not bad.  They need to put a full band together.  And if they are going to cover a song, they really should make sure to get the lyrics right.  :lol  But, again, not bad at all.  The guitarist and drummer seem to be pretty educated musicians, and they often have pretty good insight in the reaction videos because of that, which makes their videos SO much better than the typical "Oooo, Floor is SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!" / "How does Tatiana growl like that?" videos.  I enjoy theirs quite a bit.  Just starting to get into some of their material, and I like what I am hearing so far.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 04:30:32 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 08:32:49 AM »
Yeah, that's how I came across them was their reaction videos.  You're right, they need to complete their band for sure and the guitarist and drummer are pretty sharp.  I've been listening to their album and it's good in spots and a little lacking in others.  Hopefully they will mature and grow.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 04:32:35 PM »
They acknowledged a comment I left where I mentioned this thread, so maybe one of them will come here and post, and generate more interest.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPvCUKhwteQ&lc=UgyzDgy0INbCro96x1J4AaABAg.9DOlo92H71q9DPAr-NG3iy  I'm all for that type of cross-pollination to help bands gain exposure.  I know that, back in the day, discussion on the prior version of the forum really helped put Redemption on the map.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Suiteclarity

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 05:13:12 PM »
Hey guys, good to be here! Bosk, thanks for letting me know about this place, it’s pretty rad!
I appreciate y’all checking out what we’re doing, it’s pretty awesome to see responses to it!

To fill in any of the gaps, the band used to have a bassist, but ended up leaving for college, so it fell to me (the guitarist). And because of COVID, there’s really been no need to audition and replace the bassist, as touring and shows aren’t happening anytime soon. We’re fairly content right now to continue posting to YouTube regularly to build the following there, releasing covers every month, and refining our craft.

Additionally, I do not only guitars and bass, but any keyboards/synths are played by me as well, and all the mixing , mastering is myself as well. So I’m always looking for feedback about any of that! I’m looking forward to connecting more with you guys!
Cheers,
Anthony

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 05:25:08 PM »
Anthony, if you had to pick either your favorite of your original songs, or the one that you think best epitomizes what you guys are about, which one would it be?  (feel free to post links if you like--I am all about band promotion here)

And thanks for the background facts.  :tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 07:00:59 PM »
Checked out a couple of vids. Really good stuff!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 08:03:27 PM »
Great to see you here, Anthony!  Yeah, damn COVID has thrown a wrench in all our lives for sure.  Hopefully things will get back on track soon!!!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »
Whoa, yeah, never heard of this until just now and I'm now a fan  :hat

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 01:43:41 PM »
They just posted a pretty sweet cover the other day of Epica's Never Enough:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-0aJsYGmtE 

I am liking their recent covers.  They tend to find that sweet spot for me in balancing being true enough to the original to do it justice, while injecting just enough of their own personality and style to sound fresh.  And although I love Simone's singing style in general and, specifically, on the original of this song, the more pop/rock belting style in this cover sounds really good.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 02:20:15 PM »
thumbs up  ,...  wishing you great success and fun along the journey// I like many of the elements involved

Geoff Tate alert at 5 :42 mark on Laid to Rest? :  )
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 01:09:06 PM »
I've had their album "The Enigma" in rotation since finding this thread.  I like this band.   :corn

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 01:12:26 PM »
I haven't checked back.  Barry, when is yours released?  I wanted to pick that up.