Cyrilpop
0 (0%)
Walruspop
3 (30%)
Kevin Moore
7 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 10, 2020, 08:03:25 AM

Author Topic: Secul's spicy anti-prog miniroulette v3.5. AN UPDATE!1!!!!  (Read 51603 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: Secul's spicy anti-prog miniroulette v3.5. COMPARISONSS!!1!!!
« Reply #595 on: September 23, 2020, 07:20:40 PM »
:lol

I'm halfway through the writeups, so results :soon:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #596 on: September 23, 2020, 08:35:39 PM »
 :corn

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2020, 12:24:17 AM »
Double corn
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
1/3
« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2020, 07:35:30 AM »
Sorry folks, last night I took my pills then fell asleep quite early :lol

Results 1/3

TAC: Hothouse Flowers
First impression: Dad music, but the good stuff

Ok I thought this was a little older than the 90s hence my dad music comment, but these are a pretty cool bunch of pop rock tracks. Isn't It Amazing is quite soulful and emotional, with a wonderful atmosphere. Although it's not the most original sounding track ever it's very well written, and I just love the constant vibe going on and the sax. Lovely vocal harmonies too. Then there's a chance of pace with Love Don't Work This Way, a funkier tune with more sax and other brass instruments. Some of the vocals sound like something Moby would definitely sample (and maybe has?). Don't Go doesn't hold my attention so well, I feel it's more of a by the numbers kind of track than the previous two, but still has some cool moments here and there. Luckily Spirit of the Land makes things interesting again, with some pretty sick piano playing. Then some weird vocal chantings near the end, very cool.

So this is an interesting entry - very well-crafted songs, wasn't expecting such solid songwriting and playing from these guys at first. Well done.

4/5

The Walrus: Mariusz Duda
First impression: Pretty much sacul music, but is it good enough?

This is some clever, massive cheating - I love Riverside, and Mariusz' solo project Lunatic Soul. And I was planning on checking out this record eventually. So, the songs, they do vary in quality quite a bit. There's certainly a sense of isolation and almost claustrophobia here, which fits the theme quite well. Isolated is a nice instrumental piece, albeit a bit too long for my taste. Lockdown Spaces is an interesting experiment but it's also kind of annoying with the sounds he chose and repeating "1,2,3,4" all the time - at least it's a short track. Then Thought Invaders is another instrumental but uuhhh it's ok, there's not much of interest going on tbh. I can barely remember it once it's over. Pixel Heart has some lovely synths overall, I think it's my favorite of these tracks. It doesn't do that much but it's pretty pleasing. Finally Screensaver, well, it certainly exists.

I've got a feeling Mariusz put all of this together in a couple of days and released it, since everything feels so underdeveloped unlike his usual output. Sorry to disappoint you Mr Walrus, but these songs ain't doing much for me despite being in theory up my alley.

3/5

Nekov: Polyenso
First impression: Expected something else, ain't disappointed

When the first song kicks in I almost thought I was listening to Radiohead, there's quite a similarity in style of singing. But then it slowly turns into something of its own, with the pianos and the lush atmosphere, closing with some cool robotic vocals. Then Neon Mirror has these lovely guitars and a pretty ethereal atmosphere. Bastard is more of a regular art pop track with nice electronics and trumpets I think?

I'm sort of conflicted, these tracks nail the diverse and creative instrumentation I dig in this sort of music, but I think they sort of fail at making compelling, memorable melodies. I can't even recall any of the choruses once these songs are over. At least they're quite pleasing to listen to.

3.5/5

Buddyhunter1: Kauan
First impression: Maybe a bit too long? We'll see

Well seems that people really want to get me into Kauan, since I was sent a song on my previous roulette :lol. This is like doom metal with hints of post-rock and nice violins. Äidin Laulu is an 11 minute piece with an interesting atmosphere, heavy guitars, and both harsh and ethereal vocals that feels qutie like winter. It goes through various sections and ends with a mix of serene and heavy. IV follows in a similar fashion but in a more folk-ish fashion rather than going heavy, although there are some harsh vocals near the end. It certainly has a cool atmosphere it mantains throughout the 8 mins it lasts but it never feels like it drags.

I feels that long songs don't catch my attention that much these days. Dunno if it's just me falling out of taste with them or my ADHD getting worse with time :lol. But while these tracks were very enjoyable and I don't have much to say about them, I don't feel the need to check this band out further, hence the score.

3.5/5

Puppies_On_Acid: AFI
First impression: Sounds mostly like something you'd hear on the radio in the 2000s

About the first impression, I say that mostly as these songs have that distinct 2000s punk rock sound to them, mostly on the choruses, but with some interesting twists. The Prayer Positions gives me Refused vibes in general, which is always a good thing, although I find the chorus to be kinda generic and not as interesting as the rest of the track. The Days of the Phoenix sort of reminds me of early Brand New, it's a cool track, with some interesting buildups here and there but along with Girl's Not Grey, they feel like the more generic songs of the bunch. Not bad, just not feeling in a rush to listen to them again. However Death of Seasons is like the opposite of that, starting quite raw and heavy, and then going into a short electronic breakdown that's cool as hell, wished it lasted longer. The chorus is ok, he does that sort of dumb voice that seemed popular back then, but at least it doens't last too long. Then in the second half it goes into this very interesting ambient section with strings and distant screaming, very cool. The Great Dissappointment certainly doesn't follow it's name, as it is a pretty cool song, going into a more melodic hardcore route.

I've never been too big on punk rock, not even during it's peak while I was growing up. However these tracks have a pretty pleasing and interesting twist to them that make them stand out from that era.

3.5/5

Anguyen92: Big Wreck
First impression: I'm definitely not interested in 2000s alternative rock

Wait I confused your first impression with Rise Against, sorry :lol. Yeah these tracks sort of remind me of Alter Bridge but with some folk to them I think? They're pretty cool for what they are, post-grungey tunes with some hard rock mixed in, mostly following on Soundgarden steps. I don't have much to say, they're pleasing to listen to but not quite memorable to me tbh.

3/5

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: Secul's spicy anti-prog miniroulette v3.5. RESULTS 1 OF 3!!!!1!!!1!1!1!!!!
« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2020, 07:38:05 AM »
My first 3.5, what a momentous occasion :blush
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #600 on: September 24, 2020, 07:59:49 AM »
Yeah in hindsight I probably sent that as a kneejerk reaction after my first run through it, but I figured it was the most Sacul-y thing I could send, so whatever, you're getting Walrus music next round  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #601 on: September 24, 2020, 08:19:32 AM »
Keeping up with the average!
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #602 on: September 24, 2020, 09:38:50 AM »
How does Tim even know about Hothouse Flowers? :lol

I kid Tim!  I kid!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #603 on: September 24, 2020, 10:16:14 AM »
Well, so much for that.  I might as well try and go off the deep end in the next round if Big Wreck couldn't get the seal of must-relisten again.

Also, about that Alter Bridge connection, Myles Kennedy is a huge fan of Big Wreck and Ian Thornley's guitar playing.  In fact, I think that's probably how I heard their name in the first place back around 2014 or so.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:26:57 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #604 on: September 24, 2020, 01:00:12 PM »

No, that's a fair question.

When I was in college I lived in a 6 man suite. One of the kids assigned to my suite was an English guy from South Africa. He was familiar with them. They played at the Living Room In Providence. This would've been late 88/early 89... And a bunch of us went to the show.

I remember the place was PACKED. I mean, I had never heard of them. But holy shit, they were amazing. Not my style of music, really, but we had an amazing time. What a great atmosphere.

I think about them every now and then. Sacul is kind of hard to pin down, but I thought I'd find a couple of decent tunes and try my luck with it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #605 on: September 24, 2020, 01:02:48 PM »
That is a great story Tim!

Now try Facebook. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #606 on: September 24, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »
Never heard of it. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #607 on: September 24, 2020, 01:37:14 PM »
I KNOW! :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #608 on: September 26, 2020, 08:29:09 AM »
 :corn
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #609 on: September 26, 2020, 08:33:46 AM »
My first 3.5, what a momentous occasion :blush
Congrats!

Yeah in hindsight I probably sent that as a kneejerk reaction after my first run through it, but I figured it was the most Sacul-y thing I could send, so whatever, you're getting Walrus music next round  :lol
Yeah figured so :lol. Shame, I'm usually a big fan of Mariusz' music but this just didn't do it.

No, that's a fair question.

When I was in college I lived in a 6 man suite. One of the kids assigned to my suite was an English guy from South Africa. He was familiar with them. They played at the Living Room In Providence. This would've been late 88/early 89... And a bunch of us went to the show.

I remember the place was PACKED. I mean, I had never heard of them. But holy shit, they were amazing. Not my style of music, really, but we had an amazing time. What a great atmosphere.

I think about them every now and then. Sacul is kind of hard to pin down, but I thought I'd find a couple of decent tunes and try my luck with it.
That's a very cool story, thanks for remembering they exist :P

Sorry for the delay, fellas. Been having a rough time lately but I'm going through writeups now so things should be over this weekend.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #610 on: September 26, 2020, 09:20:50 AM »
Sending good vibes buddy :hug:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #611 on: September 26, 2020, 09:36:46 PM »
I finally posted my results, so now I'm clear to complain about results here being too slow.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #612 on: September 27, 2020, 07:49:55 AM »
Scent: Hot Garbage

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #613 on: September 27, 2020, 12:23:21 PM »
Sending good vibes buddy :hug:
Thanks, it's been getting harder to write these things with time, so I'm glad there's only one round left and then just the EP one - no way I could sustain this pace for longer :lol

I'm almost done with the second batch, so results :soon:.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
2/3
« Reply #614 on: September 27, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
Results 2/3

romdrums: Hiromi
First impression: Quite complex but I'm slowly digging through it

These are certainly 2 long, very complex pieces that have taken me a bit to get into and slowly understand what the motifs are. I've gotta say that the drums and piano are just insane but never going fully over the top like say in prog usually. Wished the bass had a bit more of presence overall since when it's upfront it's really cool. Alive goes with this sort of cinematic, energic theme and varies it with this darker, king crimson-esque one. Warrior goes in a similar fashion but this time the variations feels a bit more like old school jazz from what little I know. The bass has more presence here, and adds a very nice texture.

So yeah, dunno if my assesment makes any sense as I'm still quite new to jazz music overall. These two tracks are very fun and easy to follow after a few close listens, I'm looking forward to listening to more of her work as I've had it pending for a while.

4/5

Stadler: Duran Duran
First impression: More dad music, and quite good

I've got no clue why I've never listened to these guys, guess it was my aversion to 80s music in general that put me off from checking them out, but lately I've grown a bigger appreciation for it. I quite like the variety you picked here, with Ordinary World having this beautiful energy and the overall atmosphere being very cinematic. Then Lonely in Your Nightmare is cool, sounds a bit like typical 80s pop rock but it's fun anyway. Girls on film is a simple but very fun song, with lots of groove. And finally, a live track with The Wild Boys, which I wouldn't have guesses was live if you hadn't told me. Very cool, lots of energy, if a little repetitive.

Very solid selection, I'm now interested in checking out these guys a bit further, at least their classic albums like Rio.

4/5

Shadow Ninja 2.0: Second Person
First impression: More sacul music, good so far

Yeah this is pretty much the sort of stuff I dig, sort of trip-hop / downtempo music was quite my jam a few years ago and still is. Some of these tracks have more of a contemporary electronic sound to them, which I find pretty pleasing, while others go into a more old-school style, which I like as well. They might be a little repetitive, like Spilt Milk, but they are pretty catchy and short so I can accept it. The Wishbone is my favorite of the bunch, got some lovely piano and lo-fi beats.

5 very simple but effective, catchy tracks that are quite up my alley. Nothing that wowed me but they still made for a very solid listen.

4/5

kinghmegland: Eels
First impression: Very diverse selection, I like it

I actually know one song from their second album but can't remember it's name :lol , so I was a little pleased to see you sending me these guys. This is certainly a varied selection, with a nice indie pop tune in From Which I Came / A Magic World, the simple but nice Novocain For The Soul (are those sampled strings?). Flyswatter reminds me of a children's fable with the xylophone and the lyrics about mice. Peach Blossom is weird, as it sounds quite 90s despite being a recent song, but it's got a very cool energy to it anyway. The Deconstruction is an interesting and simple ballad about the guy about to break apart - it's quite interesting if a little repetitive.

I dunno, I feel I should be digging these tracks a lot more since they got personality and are pretty catchy. But maybe it's the emotional element that's not connecting with me as much as I'd love to.

3.5/5

ariich: Broken Bells
First impression: Reminds me of [band I dig a lot] but it's it's own thing

Yeah these kind of reminded but of Gorillaz a bit but the more I listened the more I realised how these guys are their own thing. I love the chill nature of these songs and the use of acoustic instruments along with the more electronic elements, like the piano on The High Road or the guitars on Vaporize (there's a section that has strong Porcupine Tree vibes, nice). The Ghost Inside sounds quite inspired from Demon Dayz though, and not in a bad way, it's a pretty cool track.

These tracks have grown quite a bit on me as I've come to appreciate them for what they are. Well done.

4/5

OpenYourEyes311: Rise Against
First impression: I love the 2000s but not this kind of stuff

Yeah I don't have much to say, I'm not very interested in 2000s punk rock / melodic hardcore stuff like this. While these tracks are totally fine and an easy listen, with cool riffs and plenty of energy, it's a style I never found very appealing and have little desire to go back to. Plus, I find this sort of derivative, with not much of a strong personality imo - I just have a hard time distinguishing one song from another to be able to give a more detailed commentary.

3.5/5

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Secul's spicy anti-prog miniroulette v3.5. RESULTS 2 OF 3!!!!1!!!1!1!1!!!!
« Reply #615 on: September 27, 2020, 01:01:02 PM »
I was hoping for a 4/5. I definitely went with being eclectic with the songs but that's what the Eels are all about.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #616 on: September 27, 2020, 06:46:03 PM »
Sent for round 4. Let me know when you want my EP and I can send that over as well. :)
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #617 on: September 27, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
Fuck, I still haven't worked on my EP. I'll send for the next round sometime soon and then get on that.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #618 on: September 27, 2020, 10:12:46 PM »
All right, I've sent my Round 4 submissions.  I don't know anything anymore.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #619 on: September 28, 2020, 08:12:45 AM »
In as Flynn for Round Four.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #620 on: September 28, 2020, 05:41:13 PM »
I was hoping for a 4/5. I definitely went with being eclectic with the songs but that's what the Eels are all about.
Yeah I was expecting the songs to grow on me to a 4 but they just never did :/

Sent for round 4. Let me know when you want my EP and I can send that over as well. :)
I'd wait until next round's results are up so I can free up some space and pack them all at once.

All right, I've sent my Round 4 submissions.  I don't know anything anymore.
Yeah sorry :lol. Seems our tastes aren't quite aligned as I'd have hoped, but maybe one of your submissions will click on me though.

Ok results are almost done, so expect them :soon:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
3/3
« Reply #621 on: September 28, 2020, 08:56:47 PM »
Results 3/3

Cyril: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
First impression: I can't say it's generic, but I don't find it quite memorable either

Well this is curious, wouldn't have expected you to send me americana / alt country stuff. So I don't know that much about the genre so I can't say this is generic at all, and is quite well written actually. I like the energy on tracks like Cumberland Gap and Overseas (this one has some pink floyd vibes, nice). If We Were Vampires feels pretty inconsequential and is frankly a boring ballad. Be Afraid is a nice song, but I think it's got some pretty unoriginal melodies overall. Finally, Letting You Go is a better ballad than the vampires one but it's not a very original one either.

Yeah these songs are a nice listen but they're not terribly memorable imo, they just lack something that grabs me personally.

3/5

Elite: Miles Davis
First impression: Sometimes chill, sometimes intense

More jazz! I actually have already listened to 2 of Miles' albums, Kind of Blue and Bitches Brew. While I quite like the former, I couldn't wrap my head around the other, so I didn't explore much of his work afterwards. So, the tracks: My Funny Valentine is a very pretty piece, with some lovely piano playing and a very smooth trumpet. Feels perfect for a bar at night. Airegin is a lot more interesting however, and more energetic, with some pretty sick drumming and trumpet-ing. I like the main motif here and how it's developed, definitely my favorite of your choices. I'm actually familiar with All Blues but not this version, and when I realized it was too late to ask you to resend so I just let it pass. Pretty energetic performance here, I wasn't too big on the original but this is a nice improvement on it, Miles does some pretty crazy things.

So yeah, I'll admit I was ready to give you the 3.5 you wanted, but upon a final listen I found myself really enjoying these songs, so have a 4 instead.

4/5

home: James Blake
First impression: Mostly chill, I'm starting to grow into these songs

I love James' Limit to Your Love but couldn't get into the rest of that album and haven't really tried the rest of his work. Now that I've gotten into similar stuff, I think I'm growing into his style slowly. Retrograde is a slow burner with very beautiful vocals and synths. Can't Believe the Way We Flow has some interesting samples that are a little repetitive but has a gorgeous chorus that makes up for them. Then there's this pretty interesting approach to half-sung, half-rapped vocals on Where's The Catch? I just love the piano samples here, and the multiple sections this track has. Finally, You're Too Precious is a nice little low-key song with muted pianos, distorted sampled vocals, and some minimal percussion, it's quite pretty.

Yeah these songs were ok at first but have grown a lot on me, I'll definitely check out more of James' stuff.

4/5

Tomislav95: Wintersun
First impression: It's quite good for its genre but overall it's not much of my thing

Yeah so uuhhh, I've never been too big on melodic death metal and symphonic metal stuff, as I find the former sort of boring, and the latter quite cheesy most of the time. And seems this track is both genres at once, welp :lol. I see the point here, but it just doesn't really do it for me. The guitar has a pretty bland sound to it, the same riff is repeated throughout most of its duration and it's not even that good of a riff, vocals are ok, the lyrics are fine I guess, but the track just feels sort of... well, empty. Guess it matches the theme? Maybe it's the production that's pretty weak, but I also don't find any of the melodies that memorable.

So yeah, sorry, but these sort of songs just have never been my cup of tea. It's fine for what it is, just not for me.

3/5

Positions
home    4.5 + 4 +4 = 12.5
ariich  4 + 4 + 4 = 12
Shadow Ninja 2.0 4 + 4 + 4 = 12
Buddyhunter1    4 + 4 + 3.5 = 11.5
Stadler 4 + 3.5 + 4 = 11.5
Nekov   4 + 3.5 + 3.5 = 11
TAC 3.5 + 3.5 + 4 = 11
Cyril   3.5 + 4 + 3 = 10.5
kingshmegland   4 + 3 + 3.5 = 10.5
Puppies_On_Acid 3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 = 10.5
romdrums    3.5 + 3.5 + 4 = 10.5
OpenYourEyes311 3.5 + 3.5 + 3.5 = 10.5
Elite   3 + 3.5 + 4= 10.5
Tomislav95  3.5 + 3.5 + 3 = 10
Anguyen92   3.5 + 3.5 + 3 = 10
The Walrus  3 + 4 + 3 = 10
Heretic 3 + 3.5 = 6.5

Ok folks, send for round 4! And start preparing your EPs for the EP round :corn :corn :corn

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
oh no too close to the top
« Reply #622 on: September 28, 2020, 09:25:11 PM »
sent

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Secul's spicy anti-prog miniroulette v3.5. RESULTS!!!1!! SEND FOR ROUND 4!!1!!
« Reply #623 on: September 28, 2020, 09:25:32 PM »
Your Loss Fam

I've got the 3.5, the 4.0, and now the 3.0. just need the 2.5 to round things out, which i wouldn't be surprised if my last submission did get

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Secul's spicy anti-prog miniroulette v3.5. RESULTS!!!1!! SEND FOR ROUND 4!!1!!
« Reply #624 on: September 28, 2020, 10:12:53 PM »
Jason Isbell and the 3/5 Unit
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #625 on: September 29, 2020, 02:14:09 AM »
As for the EP; can I add songs from bands you've rated if you don't know the song in particular?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: September 29, 2020, 07:10:42 AM »
completely forgot this roulette had an ep round tbh. gonna try not to suck. also this:

As for the EP; can I add songs from bands you've rated if you don't know the song in particular?

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #627 on: September 29, 2020, 08:01:22 PM »
sent my 4th 3.5
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #628 on: September 29, 2020, 08:23:27 PM »
If you mean on RYM, if I've rated at least one of that band's albums 4 or higher, they're banned, anything else is fair game - for instance a player just sent me something from an artist that I gave a 3 in the past, but their submission is from a different album.  If you mean artists sent on the roulette, sure, as long as they're not banned.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Re: 3/3
« Reply #629 on: September 30, 2020, 02:11:16 PM »
I'll definitely check out more of James' stuff.
Goal achieved  ;D

I'll send soon! It might be indie after all as I'm saving my hip hop for the EP. Edit: nevermind, you have explored this genre so little that I can easily fill up an ep with all different artists and still have left over  :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 02:25:32 PM by home »
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!