Author Topic: One Last Time synthwave remix  (Read 962 times)

Offline dparrott

One Last Time synthwave remix
« on: August 06, 2020, 03:32:36 PM »
James' vox over a synthwave remake.  Awesome.
https://youtu.be/THfiircahsQ
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline pg1067

Re: One Last Time synthwave remix
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 04:05:48 PM »
Ummmm....no.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline PetFish

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:53:13 PM »
Sorry, it's a no from me as well.  I couldn't even finish it.

Offline HOF

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 10:25:23 PM »
Oh, I love this so much. This was a really well done adaptation, and I’m surprised how well James’ voice fits this style of music.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 10:12:49 AM »
Actually I thought it was pretty good - was interesting to see how the song was rearranged in comparison to the original. Not the greatest thing ever and not something I would probably need to hear again, but I don't feel like it was 4 minutes of my time that was wasted, either. Definitely has an early 80s synth feel to it.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 11:50:57 AM »
Actually I thought it was pretty good - was interesting to see how the song was rearranged in comparison to the original. Not the greatest thing ever and not something I would probably need to hear again, but I don't feel like it was 4 minutes of my time that was wasted, either. Definitely has an early 80s synth feel to it.

Yeah indeed, it's not that they raped the song to make it conform to another style, if there was a song to do in that style on the album, it's this one.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!