Author Topic: African Metal  (Read 555 times)

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
African Metal
« on: July 26, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »
On my current road on discovering new music. I stumbled upon...African Metal  :metal :metal particularly this band...

Arka’n

An Afro-tribal metal band from Togo (West Africa) created in 2010. The present line-up is made up of Rock Ahavi( guitar and lead vocal), Francis Amevo(bass), Richard Cico (drums), Mass Aholou (African percussions),and Enrico Ahavi ( rap and keyboard). Their music is a fusion of hard rock/metal and African tribal music. It’s the only music which can express the feeling of the band: they see themselves as warriors, messengers and spokesmen of African wisdom, and their lyrics deal with almost all the aspects of life, especially, how to keep a fighting spirit, tackle social problems, knowledge of self, wisdom, call of higher beings.
They mainly perform in Lome, the capital of the country and in the West African area.

"Warrior Song"
https://youtu.be/ibPv9mGUBFU

"Les Pueples De L'ombre"
https://youtu.be/TCd0QhL7E6U

I really like this a lot. They blend some great moments really well. I hope they can continue making more music. They definitely deserve it
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: African Metal
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 04:09:19 AM »
Amazing! This is really intriguing, thanks for sharing!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:21:24 AM »
Interesting! I like how metal comes out from unexpected places, like The Hu hailing from Mongolia. Replying now to make sure I keep track of this thread and then I will check out the band later!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 06:40:14 PM »
Been loving this album released a couple of weeks ago:

Carthagods-The Monster In Me

From Tunisia
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 07:25:25 PM »
I haven't heard about them, it sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!  :metal

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 07:56:40 PM »
Myrath is another metal band also from Tunisia.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 07:58:17 PM »
I've tried them, but I really don't enjoy the middle eastern influence in their music.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 10:14:47 AM »
Thanks for pointing Arka'n out to us. I got this a few weeks ago because of this thread and it has been in constant rotation. I really dig the blending of elements while maintaining some traditional African aspects of the music. It is amazing to me that they can go from brutal screams, to excellent riffs, to really mainstream vocal melodies.

I've also checked out some videos of them and minus the guitar player, they all have zero stage presence, almost to the point of looking amateur, but sound anything but that.

Honesty the best new band I have heard in at least a year or two.