--- NEXT MATCH BELOW ---
0 (0%)
7. Load
18 (47.4%)
10. St. Anger
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: July 19, 2020, 06:35:33 AM

Author Topic: Metallica the League - Album Tournament, Opening Round  (Read 770 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Metallica the League - Album Tournament, Opening Round
« on: July 17, 2020, 06:35:33 AM »
Album Tournament
Seeding based on Average Winning %. of Songs
1. Master of Puppets .895 (176-18-6)
2. Ride the Lightning .843 (166-29-5)
3. …And Justice for All .836 (185-34-6)
4. The Black Album .685 (202-91-7)
5. Kill ‘em All .466 (112-129-9)
6. Hardwired… to Self-Destruct .427 (122-166-12)
7. Load .414 (141-210-8)
8. Death Magnetic .410 (99-144-7)
9. Reload .325 109-207-9
10. St. Anger .096 (25-247-3)

Opening Round (Albums 1-6 have a bye)

Please vote for the album that you’d like to see win each match.

8. Death Magnetic vs. 9. Reload
7. Load vs. 10. St. Anger

I will only vote to break a tie.
48 hours to vote.

Offline CharlesPL

Re: Metallica the League - Album Tournament, Opening Round
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:43:39 AM »
Load and Reload

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »
Top seeds.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 01:22:57 PM »
Doesn't much matter because none of these four albums has any chance in hell of beating MOP or RTL, which they'll be pitted against in the next round.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »
I can't believe Reload is beating Death Magnetic.  I like Reload, it has a lot of good songs, but I thought it was almost universal that DM was a better album (not better production ofcourse :) ).
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Online Adami

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 04:01:15 PM »
I can't believe Reload is beating Death Magnetic.  I like Reload, it has a lot of good songs, but I thought it was almost universal that DM was a better album (not better production ofcourse :) ).

DM is the only album I hold lower than St. Anger.

I’d vote literally any album of theirs over DM.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 04:32:44 PM »

Really?  Wow.  What makes you dislike DM so much?  Other than the production, it's one of my favorite Metallica albums.  It's technical, kind of a return to form, has complex arrangements, really good riffs, it has solos again  :lol.  Other than the production, I'm not sure what there is to dislike.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 08:54:36 PM »

Really?  Wow.  What makes you dislike DM so much?  Other than the production, it's one of my favorite Metallica albums.  It's technical, kind of a return to form, has complex arrangements, really good riffs, it has solos again  :lol.  Other than the production, I'm not sure what there is to dislike.

Death Magnetic has not aged well for me at all. When I started running a Metallica survivor four years ago (I unfortunately couldn’t finish it due to personal reasons), I had Death Magnetic ranked third. Now I only rank the Loads and St. Anger lower (we don’t talk about Lulu).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online Adami

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 07:03:19 AM »

It has a few good riffs/moments but it just feels so hollow and forced. I feel like it was the first album they did solely for fans approval and it just felt manufactured and passionless.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 05:17:01 PM »

It has a few good riffs/moments but it just feels so hollow and forced. I feel like it was the first album they did solely for fans approval and it just felt manufactured and passionless.

OK, I can see that, and you're probably right.