Author Topic: What are your favorite animals?  (Read 3781 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What are your favorite animals?
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2020, 08:16:37 AM »
"a squirrel who likes to fuck shit up"  :lol :lol

:lol yup, this guy right here and doesn't he look mischievous?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2020, 09:09:08 AM »

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline WildRanger

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2020, 12:17:31 PM »
Labrador dog
Hippo
Black panther
Eagles
Dolphins
Grizzly bear
Peafowl
Raccoons
Orangutans

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2020, 12:56:17 PM »
Anyone ever heard of a black squirrel before?  I've lived in Connecticut off and on for my entire life, and seen hundreds if not thousands of squirrels.   I saw a black one now twice in two weeks (very well could be the same one) and it was freaky. 

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2020, 12:58:24 PM »
I saw a black one now twice in two weeks (very well could be the same one) and it was freaky.

Oh man, so tempting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2020, 12:58:44 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen one nor until now, knew that was a thing.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2020, 01:00:38 PM »
Cats are my 100% percent favourite, also owls are fantastic. I also kinda like mice/rats, they're somewhat cute actually. Squirrels are also very cute. I think that's it.

Wait, pandas also. They're hilariously adorable.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »
Speaking of squirrels, I had an unexpected experience with one about 2 years ago. 

I was sitting down for lunch on a park bench in downtown Manhattan (Hanover Square) when a squirrel scrambled up to me and rested both of his paws on my left arm as he regarded my ham and cheese sandwich. I let him perch on my arm for a while, but I never expected that squirrels would ever do something like that. Everyone in the square was watching in amusement. After a minute or so, I tore off a chunk of bread and he made off with it. 
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2020, 01:07:00 PM »
That sounds like a park squirrel that's very used to humans.  On Penn State's campus there are large amounts of squirrels that are super cool with humans to the point it might actually be uncomfortable if you've got some food on you they want.  I've hand fed many of squirrels before on the campus, but I've heard of horror stories of them climbing up your body and chasing you  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2020, 01:08:41 PM »
Speaking of squirrels, I had an unexpected experience with one about 2 years ago. 

I was sitting down for lunch on a park bench in downtown Manhattan (Hanover Square) when a squirrel scrambled up to me and rested both of his paws on my left arm as he regarded my ham and cheese sandwich. I let him perch on my arm for a while, but I never expected that squirrels would ever do something like that. Everyone in the square was watching in amusement. After a minute or so, I tore off a chunk of bread and he made off with it.

When I was young, we lived near the forest (somewhat alike a national park in the US I guess). We often went walking in there and we always brought either nuts or sunflower seeds. I was like 8 years old and I sat on the ground with the seeds in my hand, and there was this one squirrel that always came to me and did almost the same, just rested both of her/his paws on my palm between eating the seeds like, you don't go anywhere before I'm finished with this. I had to be very still so I won't spook her/him. One of my very vivid childhood memories.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2020, 04:16:55 PM »
That's really cool, Evermind. :)

I see black squires all the time. 

For me, cats are my favorite pets by far.  Otherwise, birds (pretty much all kinds) are my favorite.  I like lots of animals, some mentioned in this thread like dolphins and pandas, turtles (maybe not mentioned), but I don't encounter most of them often or at all in the case of pandas.  But I see birds all the time and always enjoy seeing them. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2020, 08:17:28 PM »
Anyone ever heard of a black squirrel before?  I've lived in Connecticut off and on for my entire life, and seen hundreds if not thousands of squirrels.   I saw a black one now twice in two weeks (very well could be the same one) and it was freaky.

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2020, 09:06:52 PM »
 :lol I think my friend was inspired by my bird pictures that he got a bird feeder... and now has a squirrel who eats it all and will do anything to get to it, including hanging upside down on the wire holding the feeder up from the tree

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2020, 07:15:35 AM »
I like lions  :)

And I like dogs, particularly mastiffs.  And I agree with the comments on chicken  :tup.

However, I don't like cats at all.  I'm allergic to them and so is my whole family.  And there was an apartment complex I used to live in where a cat lady lived and she fed all the stray cats.  And one of those cats would always attack my kids when they were trying to play outside.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2020, 08:12:09 AM »
To build on my yesterday post, I like owls so much I even have a ring in shape of an owl. Posted in on reddit recently and thought I'd share it here too.

However, I don't like cats at all.  I'm allergic to them and so is my whole family.

One thing I'm very glad of is that I'm not allergic to cats. This would've been sad for me.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2020, 08:20:18 AM »
AWESOME!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »
Really cool, Ev.

I've had owls living on my oak for years. I've grown quite fond of them.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2020, 01:57:00 PM »
They're a hoot.

I'm out.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2020, 03:30:28 PM »
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2020, 03:34:55 PM »

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um0jTNrRY3Y
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2020, 03:43:04 PM »
I love sloths.  What a fascinating creature

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2020, 02:35:26 PM »
My sister got a rabbit last week and it's funny how a thing so little can be so strong. This is how I imagine it in a year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUisuU6xzo

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2020, 03:32:08 PM »
My sister got a rabbit last week and it's funny how a thing so little can be so strong. This is how I imagine it in a year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUisuU6xzo

Holy crap!!  :lol

My friend had a rabbit that was so fat/large it couldn't hop. It stayed in the bathroom most of the year cause the tile was cool. Always felt bad for the little guy

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2020, 03:41:28 PM »
I had a rabbit once which I named " Colonel Carrot ".

It didn't live long :( we never got a chance to get it to a vet as it got sick really fast and couldnt stop pooping then it was dead the next day. :(

My favourite pets are rodents ( rats, gerbils ) or cats.

Kotowboy gonna Kotowboy I guess but I f-ing hate dogs.

I don't hate dogs as animals. Just the ones that lash out at you when you're near them - or literally any other f*cking dog.

They shit all over the pavement and dont wash themselves and can't take themselves for a walk.

Also I really despise how people worship them like they're God's gift to humans. They always cite bomb dogs and sniffer dogs and guide dogs.

but it's like.... We TRAINED them to do those things they weren't born with those skills.

Every time I hear a dog barking for ages at NOTHING or see a pile of dog shit on the pavement or see two dogs just lashing out at each other

for no reason other than they're both dogs - I always sarcastically say out loud " We don't Deseeerrrrvvveee dogsssss "  ::)

TL;DR I love cats.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »
TL,DR: dogs suck

We are not so different, you and I.  :lol :hifive:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »
Thank you - I always say hello to dogs when i'm out and about - and last year I saw one which was the spitting image of my childhood doggie and it gave me a cuddle...  :laugh: :laugh:

I love Welsh Border Collies and Chihuahuas. I know they have a rep for being yappy little shits but all the Chihuahuas i've ever met have been silent and very timid and cuddly.

It's just everything else about them I don't like. I could never have a pet dog.

One of my phobias is someone moves in near me with a big barking dog because I would have to move out. I'm not joking.

one day my neighbour had friends over who bought a big dog and it barked the entire time.

It was so loud and constant I had a panic attack and had to leave the house for several hours hoping that when I returned they'd left - which they had.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2020, 03:51:41 PM »
Oh dude I am right there with you. My neighbors moved in right next door to my unit about a year ago now, and they have two or three very large dogs. I can hear them bark their fucking heads off whenever the littlest thing happens, and rapid thumping like they're all racing down the stairs at the same time. I wish they'd go away, but it gives me an excuse to play my music louder without feeling bad  :lol So sorry that those dogs managed to even give you a panic attack. Every time I visit my friend's house, his three dogs are always barking and all over me and it drives me nuts too.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2020, 04:00:38 PM »
Mostly I really disagree with how people worship dogs like they're angels and "cats are evil shits".

SO many dogs lash out at me when i'm out walking and I have several feline friends in my little neighbourhood.

A couple of them even come running when they see me.

For me there is literally ZERO contest. They clean themselves, they're quiet, they walk themselves and can feed themselves.

But i also love pet rats. They're SO affectionate and I have never been nipped by one once.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2020, 10:26:57 AM »
I don't really hate dogs, but I'm pretty sure I hate a fair amount of dog owners. :P

Cats are awesome.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »
I don't really hate dogs, but I'm pretty sure I hate a fair amount of dog owners. :P

Cats are awesome.

I was at work yesterday and one of our guests was sitting outside with their dog - I did that "tck tck" tongue click thing to say hello to the dog - and the dog went FUCKING APESHIT  :facepalm:

It's like - I was literally saying hello you fucking ugly parasitic sack of verminous shit.

Cats don't suddenly have a conniption fit if you just say hello to them - if they feel threatened - they just run away.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2020, 01:05:41 PM »
Maybe it could tell you didn't like it. :)

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2020, 01:44:03 PM »

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »

That's a package of pure happiness right there :lol :heart
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2020, 02:07:45 PM »
Quokkas are the best.