General > Musicians

My seemingly futile quest to find my perfect bass...

<< < (2/4) > >>

TheCountOfNYC:

--- Quote from: pg1067 on July 14, 2020, 10:04:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheCountOfNYC on July 14, 2020, 08:40:49 PM ---And the tuning for Panic Attack is E standard with the B string tuned down to Bb, but the intro has the D string tuned down to C. The moving line (Eb, D, Eb, F, Eb, D, Eb, D, Eb, Ab, G, F) is played on the G sting (fretting is 8, 7, 8, 10, 8, 7, 8, 7, 8, 13, 12, 10) and the open C is pedaled in between those notes.

--- End quote ---

Wow...that sounds unnecessarily complicated, but I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Another option is getting a pitch shifting pedal. Tune the bass itself down a half step so you can get the usual fingerings while getting the low Bb necessary. Then set the pedal to drop the bass down another half step so the Db string is now a C. Then once the bass solo intro is done turn the pedal off.

Samsara:
It's hard, but never doubt the path you are on. It's the right one. Perhaps that bass, as incredible as it was, was a temptation that would have led you into financial issues and you would have only played her to lose her.

Continue the hunt. Make the effort. And when it is really time, you will find that bass, or another that will be everything you want in an instrument.

jonny108:
Saw this on the FB marketplace and it reminded me of this thread https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/583514015858529/

TheCountOfNYC:

--- Quote from: jonny108 on August 12, 2020, 02:46:50 PM ---Saw this on the FB marketplace and it reminded me of this thread https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/583514015858529/

--- End quote ---

You know that’s a great price. If it wasn’t blue I would consider it lol.

TheCountOfNYC:
New information has changed the plan. With the announcement of the John Myung signature six string, I have a new dream bass. And price aside, this one should be easier to get a hold of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version