Author Topic: The ANABASIS -- "The Battle - An Opioid Story"  (Read 2254 times)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: The ANABASIS -- "The Battle - An Opioid Story"
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 12:12:06 PM »
You know what's funny about releasing music into the wild like this is that now that our first album is 10 years old, when I listen back to it I pick up on all these little details that I would have done differently if I had it to do over again.  For example, I had zero input on the drums.  I handed the songs over to Lee and Gerald and they recorded the drums at Thin Ice Studios in London with Karl Grove engineering.  There is nothing wrong with the drums, but there are multiple sections of the album that I would have had them do over differently if I had been able to pull that off but I just couldn't come up with another grand at the time to go do a bunch of stuff over so I accepted the first takes on all of it.  Again, it's not a bad performance at all, but it's not entirely what I had in mind either.

On the NEW album with Jimmy Keegan on drums, I had detailed input on every song all the way through.  Jimmy would play it one way and send it to me and if I asked him to change anything he was like, "on it!" and literally the next day I'd have a new take with exactly what I asked for.  I'm already committed to working with Jimmy on the next album after this one because he was a joy to work with and he's a hell of a player.  And despite this music being a little bit outside his wheelhouse, he really rose to the occasion, double-bass drumming and all.  :corn

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2021, 12:28:50 PM »
You know what's funny about releasing music into the wild like this is that now that our first album is 10 years old, when I listen back to it I pick up on all these little details that I would have done differently if I had it to do over again.

I mean, isn't that the case with pretty much most of the art you're putting out there? You change over the years, your viewpoints and tastes change over the years—these might not be huge changes, but you still change and evolve—and while the general message and focus of your art may both stay the same, don't you always (or, alright, in most cases) look back and wish to change the little things here and there?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2021, 12:54:29 PM »
Yeah, I just find it interesting and also it kind of demonstrates my growth as an artist.  I think when this new album is heard most will agree that it's a stronger piece of work. 

But yeah, albums that artists release are snapshots of those particular times in their journey. 

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2021, 02:57:57 PM »
Well, hell, I didn't expect THAT many requests, ha ha  :lol

OK, here's a link with unlimited downloads.  320k MP3 files and the artwork/lyrics in PDF format.  Have at it and feel free to share it. 

https://cp.sync.com/dl/b05943a20/6bmu29rm-4uwzc7m7-dp7whntb-s4bsv4va

If you want to support us, just please consider buying the next one when it comes out later in the spring.  All proceeds (100%) going to this rehab for pregnant and postpartum women.

Thanks. I’m in as soon as orders start. A great cause.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2021, 03:40:16 PM »
Well, hell, I didn't expect THAT many requests, ha ha  :lol

OK, here's a link with unlimited downloads.  320k MP3 files and the artwork/lyrics in PDF format.  Have at it and feel free to share it. 

https://cp.sync.com/dl/b05943a20/6bmu29rm-4uwzc7m7-dp7whntb-s4bsv4va

If you want to support us, just please consider buying the next one when it comes out later in the spring.  All proceeds (100%) going to this rehab for pregnant and postpartum women.

Thanks. I’m in as soon as orders start. A great cause.

Ditto.  Just to re-post...

*Liked*

And as I said on FB...

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline emtee

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2021, 04:30:10 PM »
I bought your first album and I agree with you about the drums. Looking forward to hear how you've grown and progressed.