Author Topic: Green Carnation - 'Leaves of Yesteryear' (2020) Official Full Album Stream  (Read 653 times)

Online NoseofNicko

Liked it a lot on first listen.

Offline pfillion

Yeah it's a great album.  I think it's my album of the year so far even if I'm slightly disappointed that they didn't include more songs. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
it was solid. i don't like the black sabbath cover much but that's bcuz i don't like the lyrics (ulver's take on it was super melodramatic and this isn't much better)
but the original songs were pretty decent if not particularly hitting me hard

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Honestly the amount of the new material is kind of disappointing. I'll listen tomorrow though, maybe it'll be great.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni

New album review

https://theprogspace.com/green-carnation-leaves-of-yesteryear/

It’s been 14 long years since Norwegian doom/progressive metal veterans Green Carnation released their “Acoustic Verses”, the last album before their dismemberment one year later. . . .
:o

Offline Lethean

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
14 years seem like an eternity, yet #GreenCarnation pulls off a tremendous comeback #SeasonOfMist

https://www.facebook.com/SonicPerspectives/posts/3246997691977400

Another review!

:metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This is an excellent sounding album.  The 3 new songs are brilliant.  Would have liked a couple more obviously but can't complain.  Really good.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lethean

And here's another that I didn't listen to right away, but have listened to quite a bit the last few weeks.  I'd like it to be longer as well, but I'm really enjoying it.  I prefer this version of My Dark Reflections and I love the new songs.  Also I think the cover is really beautiful.