Author Topic: Tiger Moth Tales (the official thread?)  (Read 497 times)

Offline The Letter M

Tiger Moth Tales (the official thread?)
« on: June 24, 2020, 07:51:51 PM »
So I didn't see any threads dedicated to this band, a.k.a. British multi-instrumentalist Pete Jones, so I figured I'd make one here.

The reason I'm making it is because I've seen this artist recommended in a few Facebook groups I'm in, particularly the Big Big Train group, where there seem to be plenty of fans of TMT. I haven't heard much of Pete Jones until the Prog From Home streaming concert over a month ago, but since then, I've seen his name and TMT pop up a bit more often.

Today, it was revealed that he wrote a COVID-19/Lockdown album titled Still Alive, which is set to be released in August. I decided to see what it was about and ended up at the shop where it was being sold for pre-order. I also noticed that his first three albums were being sold in a bundle for £25, and the new album bundled with the recently released live CD/DVD A Visit To Zoetermeer for only £20. Throw in the fourth studio album and shipping, for a total of £59.50, all sitting in my store cart, and now I am debating whether or not to buy the whole discography and check them out.

I'm listening to the first album, Cocoon, on YouTube right now and so far, I'm really digging it, but I wanted to see if anyone else here have had any experiences with Tiger Moth Tales, and what their thoughts were, how they found out about Pete Jones/TMT and anything else that comes to mind.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline HOF

Re: Tiger Moth Tales (the official thread?)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 08:01:11 PM »
I frequent the BBT group as well. I genuinely enjoy Pete’s music, but for some reason haven’t taken the plunge on any of his albums yet. He’s immensely talented for sure. His free concert via The Quiet Room  was really cool.