Author Topic: People from older generations look older than their equivalent age peers today  (Read 717 times)

Offline WildRanger

Is this true?
To me in general, Hollywood actors from the movies 40, 50 years ago look older/more mature than their equivalent age peers in modern movies.
And people in a high school year book from 1978 look older than the graduating class of 2018.
Why?

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
Watch the “back to the future” movie franchise.  It will explain everything.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I disagree with this.  My kid is 19, and a freshman in college, and I remember going to her school functions as a junior and senior in high school and being amazed at how some of the kids looked like they were 25.  (As a more prurient matter, I noted that some of the girls there - not meant to be pejorative, but they were girls as compared to women- could have easily gotten into any of the bars that I went to as a younger man).  Then I look back at MY yearbook and I see page after page of hayseed goobers who look like they came right out of the Little Rascals.   

Offline pg1067

Is this true?

No.

To me in general, Hollywood actors from the movies 40, 50 years ago look older/more mature than their equivalent age peers in modern movies.

Ok....

And people in a high school year book from 1978 look older than the graduating class of 2018.
Why?

I have no idea.  You'd have to provide us with a link to the particular yearbook you're talking about.

I can tell you that the seniors at my kids' high school look as old as or older than the seniors in my senior yearbook from 1985 (in part that's because, at my school, we weren't allowed to have facial hair, which is allowed at my kids' school).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."