Author Topic: DT shirt design contest  (Read 3141 times)

Offline T-ski

DT shirt design contest
« on: June 06, 2020, 02:40:52 PM »
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DT shirt design contest
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 02:46:53 PM »
I could post my design here...

It's a silly one.

Can we not upload directly to the forum yet ?

I think I have an imgur...

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 02:48:34 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »
should look through the MS Paint thread and pick our favorites.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 05:37:31 PM »
They should provide us with a blank shirt template for us to work with but as it stands we have to find one or take the one in the image and remove the DT logo first and it's gonna look like crud.

So, hopefully when they choose a winner they'll have them re-do it properly or something like that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 05:46:19 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline PetFish

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 05:57:04 PM »
Holy crap, the bitching and utter disrespect being shown in the Facebook comments is something I never thought I'd see out of DT fans.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »
Holy crap, the bitching and utter disrespect being shown in the Facebook comments is something I never thought I'd see out of DT fans.

Wow!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 06:28:38 PM »

;D ;D ;D
That reminds me of this piece I did, which proved that The Astonishing was part 2 of Octavarium AND part 3 of Metropolis at the same time since there had been the debate whether TA was the sequel to 8v or SFaM....(well, without the annoying Photobucket crap through the middle):

Erik, you forgot to make that type green to show you were joking. Considering how long you've been around, did you really expect something more from DT fans?  ::)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 06:58:30 PM »
People in that comment section are taking this way too seriously... I highly, highly doubt they're trying to get out of hiring a graphic designer. And why are people complaining about the prize being a $250 gift card? It just doesn't make sense...

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 07:40:36 PM »
I actually like the shirt they used to announce the contest. Plain, simple, and elegant with a nice sized Majesty logo.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 08:13:16 PM »
I actually like the shirt they used to announce the contest. Plain, simple, and elegant with a nice sized Majesty logo.

Agreed. Band shirts are always over the top, I like clean and classic looking stuff.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 08:14:53 PM »

Don’t have Facebook, can’t see the comments. What is being said?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 08:25:59 PM »

Don’t have Facebook, can’t see the comments. What is being said?

I don't have Facebook either, but if you click the link in the OP, and then click on the comments they will appear.

And you must be in rough shape if I'm the one explaining this to you. :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 05:05:57 AM »
 :lol Maybe!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 05:26:49 AM »
I also made up a mock of The Astonishing for fun and posted it online before the album was out..

Then I kept seeing it being used as official DT artwork on reviews of the album  ;D ;D

Funny stuff.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2020, 07:26:39 AM »

;D ;D ;D
That reminds me of this piece I did, which proved that The Astonishing was part 2 of Octavarium AND part 3 of Metropolis at the same time since there had been the debate whether TA was the sequel to 8v or SFaM....(well, without the annoying Photobucket crap through the middle):

Erik, you forgot to make that type green to show you were joking. Considering how long you've been around, did you really expect something more from DT fans?  ::)

Get rid of the Album name, then I'd buy that. That's a cool way to blend two albums.

Also...I'm enjoying The Astonishing love.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gborland

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »
Here's mine:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:50:26 PM by gborland »
Graham Borland

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2020, 01:05:48 PM »
Get rid of the Album name, then I'd buy that. That's a cool way to blend two albums.
Glad you like it. Actually it's blending of three album covers - it's just that the third one is very subtle, but it's in there!   ;)

Here's mine:
Can't see it Graham - unless it's supposed to be a question mark inside a tiny blue box.   :biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2020, 02:34:25 PM »
Glad you like it. Actually it's blending of three album covers - it's just that the third one is very subtle, but it's in there!   ;)

Here's mine:
Can't see it Graham - unless it's supposed to be a question mark inside a tiny blue box.   :biggrin:

I see it!

Offline gborland

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2020, 03:50:54 PM »

Hmm, updated now to use Imgur. Any better?
Graham Borland

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2020, 04:08:57 PM »

:lol :rollin

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 06:07:09 PM »
VERY A MOO SING  :natalieportman:

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 06:54:01 PM »

It's udderly beautiful!!!   :biggrin:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2020, 10:13:55 AM »

It's udderly beautiful!!!   :biggrin:

"Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road. . . ."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline PetFish

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »

I wish it were a joke.  I always expect a few bad apples regardless of the community but this is next-level shit for sure.

I wish I copy/pasted the guy who went straight for my throat but his post is gone now but it was rough.  All I did was wonder why they didn't give us a shirt template or more details and requirements they need and this guy jumped on me saying "have you ever heard of google, do you not know how the internet works, and go back to your crayons".  Some people are just angry-all-day for no reason.

I'm fine, though, it didn't make me want to slash my wrists or anything.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »
Design contest winner

It's hard to see but I can't see any reference to WDADU or SDOIT on the design.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:32:31 PM by Vmadera00 »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 01:33:15 PM »
Both are in the lower left corner, right next to one another.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2020, 01:40:53 PM »
It's hard to see but I can't see any reference to WDADU or SDOIT on the design.

The Majesty symbol brand from WDADU and the drawing from inside the SDOIT CD booklet (I don't think it's on the cover itself) are toward the lower-left corner.

I got the email about this and had forgotten the contest existed.  It said people voted on the design???
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »
Not bad, for a fan design, I suppose, but I wish it had, I don't know, color.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 02:30:15 PM »

I think you mis-spelled "appeal".
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2020, 03:49:25 PM »

It has sort of an early 80s underground punk album cover.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »
I'd buy one. Better design than nearly all Rush shirts have been lately.