Quote from: jingle.boy on July 17, 2020, 03:04:12 PM
With what's left, Hamilton must be 15

Wrong!

Quote from: kingshmegland on July 17, 2020, 03:18:28 PM
8 is mine.

Wrong!

Quote from: wolfking on July 17, 2020, 03:28:26 PM
Quote from: The Walrus on July 17, 2020, 01:57:52 PM
5. You finally left the 80s only to send something that sounds right out of the 80s. And it has potential to be your best yet... maaaybe?

This??

Correct!

Quote from: Sacul on July 17, 2020, 04:18:15 PM
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on July 17, 2020, 01:17:58 PM
Also :lol at Massive Attack two rounds in a row
Not gonna lie, Trainy sent some sleeper tracks while I went with the real good stuff :metal

Quite bold to send Kate Bush, good luck pup. Also, how is Snarky Puppy not banned? I sent you Family Dinner like two roulettes ago :P

Either 15 or 7 for me.

15 it is! Snarky Puppy was on the fence but because I never got around to exploring them and they have so many albums, I figured why not. Also you sent that in my very FIRST roulette :o great album too!

Quote from: jingle.boy on July 17, 2020, 04:52:47 PM
I guess Hamilton could be 8, if one were to consider American History "corny"

Ding ding, except that's not why it's corny.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

Ding ding ding  :corn

1. I'm digging parts of this but it might be a little too dreary... but maybe it's not?
2. Super pleasant with some fantastic piano... I'm hearing some Beatles in the vocals but they might be way more enjoyable? Strange [HOF - The Clientele]
3. I expected nails on a chalkboard... And at times it's weird enough to be off-putting, but this was surprisingly enjoyable [Puppies_On_Acid - Kate Bush]
4. World class playing that's also super fun to listen to! WINNING!
5. You finally left the 80s only to send something that sounds right out of the 80s. And it has potential to be your best yet... maaaybe? [wolfking - Owl Eyes]
6. Super fun... how did I sleep on this CD for 10 years? [Buddyhunter1 - Pendulum]
7. I like the classic in here but I'm just not sure I like the rest right now [kingshmegland - Squeeze]
8. Well written, well performed... but cornier than the corn fields surrounding my town [jingle.boy - Hamilton]
9. Fantastic classical music complete with a piece straight out of The Legend of Zelda's battle themes [romdrums - Alberto Ginastera]
10. No, seriously, I can't tell whether or not this is a joke [TAC - Crazy Joe and the Variable Speed Band]
11. Playing off my love for Monica Heldal, intentionally or not... smart man
12. It's nice to hear a male in this style of music, and I like his voice more than any other guy I've heard in this genre [Bolsters - LeBrock]
13. Oddly charming? Really had no idea what to expect out of this, and I'm kind of surprised at the quality here [Shadow Ninja 2.0 - Homestuck]
14. Focking dramatic, but not at the expense of compelling composition [Indiscipline - Chess]
15. I remain unconvinced, but there's a lot of listening left to do [Sacul - Massive Attack]
16. Utterly delightful. Reminds me of when Jordan Rudess covered Tarkus [Podaar - Isao Tomita (Modest Mussorgsky - Pictures At An Exhibition)]
17. Big sad energy... Think I need to play this at the right time to appreciate this more
18. I ban prog yet you sent something that's borderline Moon Safari at times. Very clever
19. Perhaps not the most exciting of the round, but certainly one of the most interesting - exactly the kind of 'new' music I was hoping to get exposed to in this roulette, well played [ariich - Alkinoos Ioannidis (Αλκίνοος Ιωαννίδης)]

romdrums

Bolsters

Bolsters™

The Walrus

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on July 18, 2020, 04:53:40 PM
Sent for Round 8, whenever the hell that begins... :lol

You are the most impatient person ever.  I'll update impressions when I get home

Also uh you really might want to wait for results before sending lol

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

TAC

The Walrus

TAC

The Walrus

One of the GOAT comedies. Awesome movie.

"Take this quarter. Go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face."  :lol

TAC

I don't think I've ever seen it. If I did, I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on July 18, 2020, 05:58:00 PM
I don't think I've ever seen it. If I did, I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

Dude, it's a classic. Go watch it this weekend somehow. Rent it on YouTube if you must. You'd like it. Late 80s, so there are no cell phones or computers (seriously this makes such a difference compared to modern films), just great character comedy.

TAC

I saw most movies that came out in the late 80's.

I hated Plane Trains, and Automobiles, and I really wasn't all that fond of John Candy. I'm pretty sure I took a pass on this.

The Walrus

King Postwhore

I've never been blown away by any John Candy movie. I've enjoyed some but not something I gravitate to.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

King Postwhore

TAC

King Postwhore

TAC

Quote from: kingshmegland on July 18, 2020, 06:47:37 PM
How about the original cast?

Not a fan, Joe. At all.

Chevy Chase-sucks
Dan Akroyd-blows
Jim Belushi waaayyy overated
Bill Murray-yawn

I'm from the Murphy/Piscipo/Kazurinski mold.

King Postwhore

TAC

For sitcoms..
Sanford And Son
Gilligan's Island
Get Smart

For early comedians..

Definitely Rodney
I like George Carlin...in moderation
Not sure I ever got Richard Pryor
I do like Redd Foxx

King Postwhore

The Walrus

Richard Pryor is amazing.

Here's the rest!

1. I'm digging parts of this but it might be a little too dreary... but maybe it's not? [Train of Naught - Drab City]
2. Super pleasant with some fantastic piano... I'm hearing some Beatles in the vocals but they might be way more enjoyable? Strange [HOF - The Clientele]
3. I expected nails on a chalkboard... And at times it's weird enough to be off-putting, but this was surprisingly enjoyable [Puppies_On_Acid - Kate Bush]
4. World class playing that's also super fun to listen to! WINNING! [Big Hath - Dave Weckl]
5. You finally left the 80s only to send something that sounds right out of the 80s. And it has potential to be your best yet... maaaybe? [wolfking - Owl Eyes]
6. Super fun... how did I sleep on this CD for 10 years? [Buddyhunter1 - Pendulum]
7. I like the classic in here but I'm just not sure I like the rest right now [kingshmegland - Squeeze]
8. Well written, well performed... but cornier than the corn fields surrounding my town [jingle.boy - Hamilton]
9. Fantastic classical music complete with a piece straight out of The Legend of Zelda's battle themes [romdrums - Alberto Ginastera]
10. No, seriously, I can't tell whether or not this is a joke [TAC - Crazy Joe and the Variable Speed Band]
11. Playing off my love for Monica Heldal, intentionally or not... smart man [Stadler - Miranda Lambert]
12. It's nice to hear a male in this style of music, and I like his voice more than any other guy I've heard in this genre [Bolsters - LeBrock]
13. Oddly charming? Really had no idea what to expect out of this, and I'm kind of surprised at the quality here [Shadow Ninja 2.0 - Homestuck]
14. Focking dramatic, but not at the expense of compelling composition [Indiscipline - Chess]
15. I remain unconvinced, but there's a lot of listening left to do [Sacul - Massive Attack]
16. Utterly delightful. Reminds me of when Jordan Rudess covered Tarkus [Podaar - Isao Tomita (Modest Mussorgsky - Pictures At An Exhibition)]
17. Big sad energy... Think I need to play this at the right time to appreciate this more [Evermind - Julien Holter]
18. I ban prog yet you sent something that's borderline Moon Safari at times. Very clever [Elite - Snarky Puppy]
19. Perhaps not the most exciting of the round, but certainly one of the most interesting - exactly the kind of 'new' music I was hoping to get exposed to in this roulette, well played [ariich - Alkinoos Ioannidis (Αλκίνοος Ιωαννίδης)]

wolfking

Uncle Buck is a great classic, but I never liked TTAA either.

For comedy, Eddie Murphys Raw might be the funniest thing I've ever watched.

Elite

I don't think I've heard more than a few Moon Safari tracks in my life, but I don't think Snarky Puppy sound like them..
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

HOF

Quote from: Elite on July 19, 2020, 03:02:54 AM
I don't think I've heard more than a few Moon Safari tracks in my life, but I don't think Snarky Puppy sound like them..

Was gonna say, I need to check out Snarky Puppy if they sound like Moon Safari. I love those guys.

I have heard a little bit of Snarky Puppy. My impression of them was they were very jazzy. Don't recall them even having vocals.

The Walrus

The second track Elite sent for Snarky Puppy has huge Moon Safari vibes to me and it's all 'cause of the synth. Snarky Puppy is much jazzier but the synth really lends a prog rock, Moon Safari-ish vibe to the sound (based on what little Moon Safari I've heard).

Of course, people here literally laughed at me when I said Michael Kiske and John Arch (specifically early FW John Arch) have similar inflections and tonal qualities so what do I know.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: The Walrus on July 19, 2020, 08:21:59 AM
Of course, people here literally laughed at me when I said Michael Kiske and John Arch (specifically early FW John Arch) have similar inflections and tonal qualities so what do I know.
I'm with you on that. I'm pretty sure I said as much in a writeup for a Michael Kiske song that TAC or Jingle sent me in one of my roulettes.
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar