Author Topic: The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever  (Read 140043 times)

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Lead-Free Roulette -- Round 2 listening underway
« Reply #980 on: June 10, 2020, 06:02:53 PM »
Fun Fact: When I was in my 20's I used to hear all the time how I looked like Vince Gill. Strangers would come up to me and my wife wherever we were and say it.

Dude. I shit you not, I looked at some photos of Vince and was going to joke about how you looked kinda like him, but that is FUNNY.

I wonder? Out of all the talented western music artists I could have picked...why would I pick Vince Gill? Hmmm...

:lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8sURTDg720
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ohhhh...

Well other than being incredibly handsome..... :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Out of what's left I suppose mine is either 16 or 17. Although I'm leaning towards 16 because I don't hear any similarities with Lady Gaga, but that's just me...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Out of what's left I suppose mine is either 16 or 17. Although I'm leaning towards 16 because I don't hear any similarities with Lady Gaga, but that's just me...

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline romdrums

Re: Katt's Lead-Free Roulette -- Round 2 listening underway
« Reply #984 on: June 10, 2020, 07:20:01 PM »
Fairly certain the Q*Bert one is mine.  :metal

Yup.

You listen to that??

You bet, I love the dude’s bass playing.

Katt, I’m thinking I’m number ten in your impressions.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
romdrums, correct! Puppies, yes, 17! Have the rest of 'em 'cause I'm in the middle of working on writeups. Comparisons tomorrow!

1. And people say the metal I listen to is Disney music. WTF? [jingle.boy - Damian Wilson]
2. I wish I had some weed for this. [Shadow Ninja - CHVRCHES]
3. I really wish I had some weed for this. [Bolsters - CHVRCHES]
4. This is quaint and pleasant; one of these is not like the others - I just hope the others are growers [HOF - Sweet Billy Pilgrim]
5. This is epic and gorgeous and one of these sounds like it should play in This Is The End when the Backstreet Boys are doing a choreographed dance in Heaven [Evermind - Enigma]
6. I have definitely heard one of these groovy songs before, and it's great - I just hope the others are growers [Indi - Stevie Wonder]
7. The variety of this artist really impresses me, and the amount of electronics caught me off guard. [Elite - Ulver]
8. I think doubling down on your strategy from round 1 was a good idea [wolfking - Icehouse]
9. What a wonderful voice. [Stadler - Elvis Presley]
10. Part of this sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog, part of it sounds like I should be listening to it at a rave, but the whole package is delightful [romdrums - Squarepusher]
11. I bet you cheated on tests in school, too, you clever bastard! [Buddy - Revo (Bravely Default OST)]
12. Way more fun than your last submission - nice variety and good beats. [Sacul - Justice]
13. Best lyrics of the round and it's not even close [Big Hath - Jason Isbell]
14. I think I grew a mullet and a taste for Bud Light listening to this, but I'm not complaining, he's very fun to listen to [Podaar - Vince Gill]
15. This music makes me wish I had a modicum of dancing skill in my body. This is amazing. [Train - The Weeknd]
16. Quirky, with a hint of Lady Gaga. What a voice! [Puppies - Janelle Monáe]
17. This is better than the other stuff I've heard from this artist! [ariich - Submotion Orchestra]
18. There's a Toto vibe in here that I really like [king - Joe Jackson]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 06:16:20 PM by The Walrus »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

15. I think I grew a mullet and a taste for Bud Light listening to this, but I'm not complaining, he's very fun to listen to [Podaar - Vince Gill]

:clap:   :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
CHVCHES

CHVCHES 2

Squarepusher

Sweet Billy Pilgrim

Ulver

The Weeknd

Damian Wilson

Elvis Presley

Enigma

Icehouse

Janelle Monae

Stevie Wonder

Submotion Orchestra

Vince Gill

Jason Isbell

Joe Jackson

Revo

Justice

Lena Raine

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
The cat in the Submotion Orchestra impression has been cracking me up for two days  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I first looked for a picture of Meatloaf with a cat. A Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad kind of thing. But then I saw that and it hit me.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Timpressions are my favorite thing about this roulette not gonna lie

I'm also amazed Tim knows what Q*Bert is  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
 I don't know how you manage to dislike CHVRCHES so much, they're like one of the most agreeable-sounding groups in existence.  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of, I want to also clarify that my weed comments are very much a positive remark.  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Get out?! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I don't know how you manage to dislike CHVRCHES so much, they're like one of the most agreeable-sounding groups in existence.  :lol

I have seen them mentioned many times on DTF, so I was actually excited to check them out.

But holy shit did they suck. :lol

Speaking of, I want to also clarify that my weed comments are very much a positive remark.  :lol

It wouldn't help.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I'm also amazed Tim knows what Q*Bert is  :lol

I have pretty much heard of the popular games , but nothing after 1982-83. I think Q*Bert was out before then, no?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't know, I was born in 1991!  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Damn, I graduated from college in 1990.  My stepson was born in 1990.

I saw Alice Cooper on March 16th, and my stepson was born on the 17th. I used to tease my wife that while she was in labor, I was watching Alice Cooper. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

I'm trying to add up how much pussy I had by 1991. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Old footage of Joe adding it up.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
TAC is allergic to both synths and women

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Come on man. At least this guy. :lol

uploadimage

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

:lol

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Hell yeah pissed tac off :2metal:

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
hehe
« Reply #1005 on: June 10, 2020, 09:06:40 PM »

But Power Windows is one of his favorite albums  ???

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
my ex deeply despised me for liking one of their songs so there's that too :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
that's why she is your ex

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Damn, I graduated from college in 1990.  My stepson was born in 1990.

I saw Alice Cooper on March 16th, and my stepson was born on the 17th. I used to tease my wife that while she was in labor, I was watching Alice Cooper. :lol

AND

Feel free to insert a picture of the three Stooges in here.  Or Rush.  Or Chevy, Steve and Martin.   Or....

I was living my best life in Burbank, California in 1991. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
In 1991 I visited my buddy in Cypress CA.  Roadied for him when his band played The Roxy in Hollywood.  Hollywood was a shock how rundown the area was.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
In 1991 I visited my buddy in Cypress CA.  Roadied for him when his band played The Roxy in Hollywood.  Hollywood was a shock how rundown the area was.

That's funny, because that was my impression too; I remember going to The Rainbow with a couple of guys I was working with (who weren't into music like me) and they were like "bro, this place sucks, let's go".   I stood next to Ron Jeremy when I ordered my drink, though, so there's that.  :) 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Was he standing using his tripod? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know about that, but he's every bit as hairy as he looks in the pictures.  I didn't talk to him, but he seemed like a personable guy (if I had to guess, though, he was fueled up a little bit; he had that look.)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I bet Ron Jeremy smells like Astroglide and an excess of Drakkar Noir.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I would suspect beef and cheese.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion