The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever

Started by The Walrus, May 27, 2020, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

jingle.boy

I hauled about two yards of crushed stone. Probably 30-40 wheel barrels worth. That was after 15 or so yesterday, after opening and cleaning my pool.  And got about 4 hrs of God of War in last night / this morning.

Pretty good weekend overall. Bedtime now
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Sacul

Quote from: Kattelox on May 31, 2020, 06:50:23 PM
Quote from: Sacul on May 31, 2020, 06:49:20 PM
Quote from: Sacul on May 31, 2020, 06:47:56 PM
damn makes me feel bad for sitting down in front of my laptop all day lol
but tbf i've been relearning piano lately, started with moonlight sonata, and i'm also into photography so sometimes i spend a long while in the backyard doing macro shit lol

Omigosh the Moonlight is amazing and the second movement never gets old. I play that like every time I sit down at the piano 'cause it's quick and easy. Third movement is what I need to stop being lazy with and finish learning. Girls go fucking gaga for that in my experience  :lol
First movement is not terribly complicated but since I haven't played in years it's certainly straining my hands a little :lol . Never really cared for the second part tbh, but the third one is fucking awesome.

The Walrus

Quote from: Sacul on May 31, 2020, 07:43:54 PM
Quote from: Kattelox on May 31, 2020, 06:50:23 PM
Quote from: Sacul on May 31, 2020, 06:49:20 PM
Quote from: Sacul on May 31, 2020, 06:47:56 PM
damn makes me feel bad for sitting down in front of my laptop all day lol
but tbf i've been relearning piano lately, started with moonlight sonata, and i'm also into photography so sometimes i spend a long while in the backyard doing macro shit lol

Omigosh the Moonlight is amazing and the second movement never gets old. I play that like every time I sit down at the piano 'cause it's quick and easy. Third movement is what I need to stop being lazy with and finish learning. Girls go fucking gaga for that in my experience  :lol
First movement is not terribly complicated but since I haven't played in years it's certainly straining my hands a little :lol . Never really cared for the second part tbh, but the third one is fucking awesome.

those ascending/descending diminished chords tho :2metal:

and how dare you not care for what I like :getoffmylawn:

Crow

i was supposed to work on a video script this weekend but i just ended up playing ratchet & clank 2 all weekend

it's a good game,

Train of Naught

I was supposed to lock myself up in my room and practice guitar all weekend and I'm doing just that (bless bank holidays on a Monday) :corn

Shadow Ninja 2.0

I wasn't supposed to do anything this weekend, and that's exactly what I managed to do.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Shadow Ninja 2.0 on June 01, 2020, 04:52:08 AM
I wasn't supposed to do anything this weekend, and that's exactly what I managed to do.

Well then, you accomplished what you set out to do!   :tup

I wish I could have a weekend like that.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

Holy schnikes!

I just finished up cutting a TON of grass, and while I was washing up, I sneezed (for like the 30th time this morning) and my left earbud fell into the god damn water for a couple seconds. Instantly turned off. Started letting loose every profanity in the book (I was in the middle of listening to roulette songs!). Couldn't get it to turn back on. Carefully dried it with an air gun and put it in the charging case for a few minutes. It lit up and it's still working! Unfortunately I blew out the tiny little mesh cover thing inside the earbud  :lol

But just in case, I bit the bullet and bought another pair to have them delivered tomorrow. Hooray! I just hope they don't crap the bed in a few minutes. They were advertised as waterproof of course  :lol

ariich

This is exactly why bluetooth earbuds that aren't on a wire are a really dumb idea.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

The Walrus

Quote from: ariich on June 01, 2020, 07:49:30 AM
This is exactly why bluetooth earbuds that aren't on a wire are a really dumb idea.

EDIT: I was gonna say it would've hit the water whether it was on a wire or not, but I guess if it was on the back of my neck, yeah. That's definitely my #1 (only, actually) complaint about bluetooth earbuds.

Whew. Ya'll ready for some first impressions?

ariich

Quote from: Kattelox on June 01, 2020, 07:55:27 AM
Quote from: ariich on June 01, 2020, 07:49:30 AM

EDIT: I was gonna say it would've hit the water whether it was on a wire or not, but I guess if it was on the back of my neck, yeah. That's definitely my #1 (only, actually) complaint about bluetooth earbuds.
I mean, I have bluetooth earbuds but I was adamant they would be on a wire that goes round the back of my neck, because of exactly what happened to you today. :lol

QuoteWhew. Ya'll ready for some first impressions?
:metal

I realise this is the least appropriate roulette to use that emoji in. :lol

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

jingle.boy

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

jingle.boy

Quote from: ariich on June 01, 2020, 08:07:37 AM
:metal

I realise this is the least appropriate roulette to use that emoji in. :lol

How 'bout :billiejean:

For Tim, it's :marriageanalogy:

The Walrus

Speaking of impressions, where TF is Crankshaft? Sleeping on the job? Not ready to post all 19 of his 0/10s? :lol Not sure if I have much else to really contribute until I have results though, honestly. I still need to make another few passes at all these songs which I can get done throughout the day and evening when I do cardio, but they likely won't be until Friday, so everyone's got the whole weekend to send.

Feel free to guess, and I'll tell you if you're right. All of these are my literal first thoughts after finishing them, so some could have even changed already, or will change again by results...

1. Like a nice dose of musical candy
2. I expected to hate this, but was impressed
3. Borderline cheating, I hear one of these songs at work every week
4. Like slowly dipping myself into a cold bath after a long hot day
5. Warm and pretty, but I'm not entirely sold just yet [Cyril]
6. Exactly what I was hoping to get in this roulette
7. No doubt about it, this is certainly interesting
8. You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention
9. Perfectly embraces the spirit of this roulette [ariich]
10. Holy shit
11. That was super relaxing
12. This is totally music that fits where I live
13. This voice reminds me of a band I can't stand
14. There's a very nice twist here but otherwise I'm not sold yet
15. Adventurous yet somehow tamer than I expected [Train of Naught]
16. Tommy Boy: "That. Was. Awesome!"
17. You bastard
18. Surprised I have never heard of this guy or been sent his music tbh
19. Vocals: eh, everything else: yes

Rich, I am shamelessly aping your whole roulette for this. Be flattered.  :lol

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Train of Naught

Quote from: Kattelox on June 01, 2020, 08:26:16 AM
15. Adventurous yet somehow tamer than I expected
The music is way smoother/tamer than the band name suggests on my entry, so I guess this could be Federation of the Disco Pimp

The Walrus

Quote from: Train of Naught on June 01, 2020, 08:29:35 AM
15. Adventurous yet somehow tamer than I expected
The music is way smoother/tamer than the band name suggests on my entry, so I guess this could be Federation of the Disco Pimp

BAM! Nailed it.

Buddyhunter1

Mine could be a bunch of those but I'm guessing it's one of the more positive ones

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

The Walrus

Train of Naught

Man you're gonna get post-roulette stuff again, I have way too much stuff I'm way too excited to send, a lot of stuff I'm usually too afraid to send in 'regular' roulettes

The Walrus

Quote from: Train of Naught on June 01, 2020, 08:39:56 AM
Man you're gonna get post-roulette stuff again, I have way too much stuff I'm way too excited to send, a lot of stuff I'm usually too afraid to send in 'regular' roulettes

That's good! Looking forward to it. I'm even going to post a list of artists from each round I plan to check out voluntarily post-roulette. Doesn't mean I won't check out others if they're not listed, but the ones I'm most excited about listening to will get a mention and I'd like to check out one album from each on the list.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

HOF

Speaking of impressions, where TF is Crankshaft? Sleeping on the job? Not ready to post all 19 of his 0/10s? :lol Not sure if I have much else to really contribute until I have results though, honestly. I still need to make another few passes at all these songs which I can get done throughout the day and evening when I do cardio, but they likely won't be until Friday, so everyone's got the whole weekend to send.

Feel free to guess, and I'll tell you if you're right. All of these are my literal first thoughts after finishing them, so some could have even changed already, or will change again by results...

These are probably the two Kip Winger entries. I once showed a music professor some of Kip's music in college, and he listened for about a minute before turning it off and saying "the vocals sound like Bon Jovi!"  ::)

Stadler

What it LIKELY could be:
5. Warm and pretty, but I'm not entirely sold just yet
9. Perfectly embraces the spirit of this roulette
10. Holy shit
17. You bastard

What I actually think it is:
6, 9, 19

TAC's impression:
WTF, hayseed.  :)

The Walrus

Quote from: HOF on June 01, 2020, 08:57:47 AM

These are probably the two Kip Winger entries. I once showed a music professor some of Kip's music in college, and he listened for about a minute before turning it off and saying "the vocals sound like Bon Jovi!"  ::)

Close, but no cigar.

Quote from: Stadler on June 01, 2020, 08:59:51 AM
What it LIKELY could be:
5. Warm and pretty, but I'm not entirely sold just yet
9. Perfectly embraces the spirit of this roulette
10. Holy shit
17. You bastard

What I actually think it is:
6, 9, 19

TAC's impression:
WTF, hayseed.  :)

Nope. But you are somewhere between 9 and 19.

Crow

5 sounds like the best bet for me :V
these impressions are a lot more vague than ariich's so i could see it being any of them but also none of them
if i had to halve, i'd say...
[4,5,6,7,8,11,12,19] i guess?

Podaar

Maybe?

King Postwhore

The Walrus

The Walrus

King Postwhore

ariich

Quote from: Cyril on June 01, 2020, 09:16:17 AM
these impressions are a lot more vague than ariich's so i could see it being any of them but also none of them
In fairness I was pretty vague a lot in my last couple of roulettes so I'm intentionally trying to be a bit less so this time. :lol