Author Topic: The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever  (Read 140075 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
yeah yeah yeah TAC TAC TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I hauled about two yards of crushed stone. Probably 30-40 wheel barrels worth. That was after 15 or so yesterday, after opening and cleaning my pool.  And got about 4 hrs of God of War in last night / this morning.

Pretty good weekend overall. Bedtime now
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
damn makes me feel bad for sitting down in front of my laptop all day lol
but tbf i've been relearning piano lately, started with moonlight sonata, and i'm also into photography so sometimes i spend a long while in the backyard doing macro shit lol

Omigosh the Moonlight is amazing and the second movement never gets old. I play that like every time I sit down at the piano 'cause it's quick and easy. Third movement is what I need to stop being lazy with and finish learning. Girls go fucking gaga for that in my experience  :lol
First movement is not terribly complicated but since I haven't played in years it's certainly straining my hands a little :lol . Never really cared for the second part tbh, but the third one is fucking awesome.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
damn makes me feel bad for sitting down in front of my laptop all day lol
but tbf i've been relearning piano lately, started with moonlight sonata, and i'm also into photography so sometimes i spend a long while in the backyard doing macro shit lol

Omigosh the Moonlight is amazing and the second movement never gets old. I play that like every time I sit down at the piano 'cause it's quick and easy. Third movement is what I need to stop being lazy with and finish learning. Girls go fucking gaga for that in my experience  :lol
First movement is not terribly complicated but since I haven't played in years it's certainly straining my hands a little :lol . Never really cared for the second part tbh, but the third one is fucking awesome.

those ascending/descending diminished chords tho :2metal:

and how dare you not care for what I like :getoffmylawn:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i was supposed to work on a video script this weekend but i just ended up playing ratchet & clank 2 all weekend

it's a good game,

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
I was supposed to lock myself up in my room and practice guitar all weekend and I'm doing just that (bless bank holidays on a Monday) :corn
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
I wasn't supposed to do anything this weekend, and that's exactly what I managed to do.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I wasn't supposed to do anything this weekend, and that's exactly what I managed to do.

Well then, you accomplished what you set out to do!   :tup

I wish I could have a weekend like that.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Holy schnikes!

I just finished up cutting a TON of grass, and while I was washing up, I sneezed (for like the 30th time this morning) and my left earbud fell into the god damn water for a couple seconds. Instantly turned off. Started letting loose every profanity in the book (I was in the middle of listening to roulette songs!). Couldn't get it to turn back on. Carefully dried it with an air gun and put it in the charging case for a few minutes. It lit up and it's still working! Unfortunately I blew out the tiny little mesh cover thing inside the earbud  :lol

But just in case, I bit the bullet and bought another pair to have them delivered tomorrow. Hooray! I just hope they don't crap the bed in a few minutes. They were advertised as waterproof of course  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
This is exactly why bluetooth earbuds that aren't on a wire are a really dumb idea.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
This is exactly why bluetooth earbuds that aren't on a wire are a really dumb idea.

EDIT: I was gonna say it would've hit the water whether it was on a wire or not, but I guess if it was on the back of my neck, yeah. That's definitely my #1 (only, actually) complaint about bluetooth earbuds.

Whew. Ya'll ready for some first impressions?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

EDIT: I was gonna say it would've hit the water whether it was on a wire or not, but I guess if it was on the back of my neck, yeah. That's definitely my #1 (only, actually) complaint about bluetooth earbuds.
I mean, I have bluetooth earbuds but I was adamant they would be on a wire that goes round the back of my neck, because of exactly what happened to you today. :lol

:metal

I realise this is the least appropriate roulette to use that emoji in. :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
 :millahhhh

Rich.  LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
:metal

I realise this is the least appropriate roulette to use that emoji in. :lol

How 'bout :billiejean:

For Tim, it's :marriageanalogy:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Lead-Free Roulette -- Round 1 impressions
« Reply #435 on: June 01, 2020, 09:26:16 AM »
Speaking of impressions, where TF is Crankshaft? Sleeping on the job? Not ready to post all 19 of his 0/10s? :lol Not sure if I have much else to really contribute until I have results though, honestly. I still need to make another few passes at all these songs which I can get done throughout the day and evening when I do cardio, but they likely won't be until Friday, so everyone's got the whole weekend to send.

Feel free to guess, and I'll tell you if you're right. All of these are my literal first thoughts after finishing them, so some could have even changed already, or will change again by results...

1. Like a nice dose of musical candy
2. I expected to hate this, but was impressed
3. Borderline cheating, I hear one of these songs at work every week
4. Like slowly dipping myself into a cold bath after a long hot day
5. Warm and pretty, but I'm not entirely sold just yet [Cyril]
6. Exactly what I was hoping to get in this roulette
7. No doubt about it, this is certainly interesting
8. You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention
9. Perfectly embraces the spirit of this roulette [ariich]
10. Holy shit
11. That was super relaxing
12. This is totally music that fits where I live
13. This voice reminds me of a band I can't stand
14. There's a very nice twist here but otherwise I'm not sold yet
15. Adventurous yet somehow tamer than I expected [Train of Naught]
16. Tommy Boy: "That. Was. Awesome!"
17. You bastard
18. Surprised I have never heard of this guy or been sent his music tbh
19. Vocals: eh, everything else: yes

Rich, I am shamelessly aping your whole roulette for this. Be flattered.  :lol
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:41:12 AM by Kattelox »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #436 on: June 01, 2020, 09:28:59 AM »
I'll be posting my impressions too. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #437 on: June 01, 2020, 09:29:35 AM »
15. Adventurous yet somehow tamer than I expected
The music is way smoother/tamer than the band name suggests on my entry, so I guess this could be Federation of the Disco Pimp
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: June 01, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »
15. Adventurous yet somehow tamer than I expected
The music is way smoother/tamer than the band name suggests on my entry, so I guess this could be Federation of the Disco Pimp

BAM! Nailed it.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #439 on: June 01, 2020, 09:31:51 AM »
Mine could be a bunch of those but I'm guessing it's one of the more positive ones
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #440 on: June 01, 2020, 09:32:05 AM »
Eh, no idea. 11?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #441 on: June 01, 2020, 09:32:38 AM »
Mine could be a bunch of those but I'm guessing it's one of the more positive ones

Eh, no idea. 11?

Nope!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #442 on: June 01, 2020, 09:39:56 AM »
Man you're gonna get post-roulette stuff again, I have way too much stuff I'm way too excited to send, a lot of stuff I'm usually too afraid to send in 'regular' roulettes

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #443 on: June 01, 2020, 09:42:35 AM »
Man you're gonna get post-roulette stuff again, I have way too much stuff I'm way too excited to send, a lot of stuff I'm usually too afraid to send in 'regular' roulettes

That's good! Looking forward to it. I'm even going to post a list of artists from each round I plan to check out voluntarily post-roulette. Doesn't mean I won't check out others if they're not listed, but the ones I'm most excited about listening to will get a mention and I'd like to check out one album from each on the list.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #444 on: June 01, 2020, 09:45:03 AM »
3? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online HOF

« Reply #445 on: June 01, 2020, 09:57:47 AM »
Speaking of impressions, where TF is Crankshaft? Sleeping on the job? Not ready to post all 19 of his 0/10s? :lol Not sure if I have much else to really contribute until I have results though, honestly. I still need to make another few passes at all these songs which I can get done throughout the day and evening when I do cardio, but they likely won't be until Friday, so everyone's got the whole weekend to send.

Feel free to guess, and I'll tell you if you're right. All of these are my literal first thoughts after finishing them, so some could have even changed already, or will change again by results...

These are probably the two Kip Winger entries. I once showed a music professor some of Kip’s music in college, and he listened for about a minute before turning it off and saying “the vocals sound like Bon Jovi!”  ::)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #446 on: June 01, 2020, 09:59:51 AM »
What it LIKELY could be:
5. Warm and pretty, but I'm not entirely sold just yet
9. Perfectly embraces the spirit of this roulette
10. Holy shit
17. You bastard

What I actually think it is:
6, 9, 19

TAC's impression:
WTF, hayseed.  :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2020, 10:13:55 AM »

These are probably the two Kip Winger entries. I once showed a music professor some of Kip’s music in college, and he listened for about a minute before turning it off and saying “the vocals sound like Bon Jovi!”  ::)

Close, but no cigar.

What it LIKELY could be:
5. Warm and pretty, but I'm not entirely sold just yet
9. Perfectly embraces the spirit of this roulette
10. Holy shit
17. You bastard

What I actually think it is:
6, 9, 19

TAC's impression:
WTF, hayseed.  :)

Nope. But you are somewhere between 9 and 19.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #448 on: June 01, 2020, 10:16:17 AM »
5 sounds like the best bet for me :V
these impressions are a lot more vague than ariich's so i could see it being any of them but also none of them
if i had to halve, i'd say...
[4,5,6,7,8,11,12,19] i guess?

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #449 on: June 01, 2020, 10:18:03 AM »

Maybe?
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #451 on: June 01, 2020, 10:25:00 AM »
Cyril yes, Podaar no  :tup

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #454 on: June 01, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »
these impressions are a lot more vague than ariich's so i could see it being any of them but also none of them
In fairness I was pretty vague a lot in my last couple of roulettes so I'm intentionally trying to be a bit less so this time. :lol

I be am boner inducing.