General > General Music Archives

The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever

<< < (613/614) > >>

Sacul:
Send you a pm with my album recommendations. I'll prob send you a short playlist of leftovers later tho, since you won't host another of these for quite a while.

The Walrus:
First post-roulettes update. Still not sure if I want to make a thread for this but I'm already having a blast. Not picking in any order, just going from artist to artist.

CHVRCHES
---
The Bones of What You Believe
Every Open Eye
Love Is Dead

My favorite from this last roulette and one of my favorite roulette submissions in general. Can't get enough of this group, I love Lauren Mayberry's voice, the lyrics, and the synth sounds, it's huge, super catchy, it's just perfect. Every Open Eye is a bit too long and not quite as strong as the other two records imo but it has Leave A Trace and Clearest Blue which are two of my very favorites. Overall this group just knocks it out of the park, huge fan of them now. Put all 3 on the purchase list

Gunship
---
Gunship
Dark All Day

The debut is all right, but I've heard better synthwave, and it wasn't nearly as captivating as I expected it to be based on Dark All Day. Now DAD, that is a tremendous album, banger after banger. The title track is still the best thing about it but that's a really high bar tbh. This group rules, hope their next one is like Dark All Day. Put DAD on the purchase list and maybe the debut if I warm up to it some more

VOLA
---
Inmazes
Applause of a Distant Crowd

Every once in a while the djenty-ness of the metal sounds like Voyager which is a good thing imo. The first album is great, but Applause is super impressive. The whole thing has this great, cool, watery texture, it's very peaceful and calm but sounds huge and engaging at the same time. They have such a unique sound and they make excellent use of his voice. They are fantastic at making odd meters sound less jarring than they should be. Ruby Pool is my favorite song by these guys. Will definitely buy both and I would love for them to play PPUSA in the future

HOF:

--- Quote from: HOF on August 03, 2020, 01:12:54 PM ---4. Crowded House: either the self-titled debut or Temple of Low Men

--- End quote ---

Random fact I just learned that you can stick in your pocket for when you need a six degrees of separation link: Joe Satriani provided some background vocals on Temple of Low Men (according to Allmusic.com at least).

Edit: so the way I found that out is I was checking out the credits for session guitarist (and now YouTuber) Tim Pierce, who played some extra guitar on the first two Crowded House records. This video is pretty cool as he breaks down some of the guitar parts and plays some of an early rehearsal tape of them working on Don’t Dream It’s Over.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bB7x638PhVM&t=500s

One more edit then I’ll stop. This live performance by Neil Finn is tremendous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I90oxWF2lms

Shadow Ninja 2.0:
Oh I forgot to post in here. I'm glad you're enjoying CHVRCHES so much! Technically half the credit goes to Bolsters, and even more technically all the credit goes to Bolsters, since he's the one who sent The Mother We Share in my roulette and introduced me to the group.

The Walrus:
HOF, I appreciate the info! I'll be referring to your posts when I check out Crowded House  :metal Shadow, you and Bolsters both share credit for CHVRCHES. But I'll give the slight edge to Bolsters for introducing you in the first place  :lol

Back with one more!

Caravan Palace - albums Caravan Palace, Panic, <|º_º|>, and Chronologic. I think I like the first and most recent albums the most. The first one has Dragons and Suzy, which are still my favorite songs, but the newest, Chronologic, has this smoother, kind of poppy sound compared to the others. I like it a lot. Going to continue listening to these guys throughout the day and night. Lots of groovy stuff here. Actually, About You (feat. Charles X) on Chronologic is quickly becoming a favorite. Fun band with a unique sound! EDIT: Yup, latest album is quickly becoming my favorite!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version