Author Topic: The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever  (Read 142761 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- Round 4 results
« Reply #1855 on: June 27, 2020, 07:20:57 PM »
My all time top 3 TV shows:

1. Sanford And Son
2. Gilligan's Island
3. Get Smart
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1856 on: June 27, 2020, 07:24:29 PM »

1. Sanford And Son
2. Gilligan's Island
3. Get Smart

Jesus dude  :lol Who you gonna vote for this year? Carter or Ford?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1857 on: June 27, 2020, 07:25:49 PM »

1. Sanford And Son
2. Gilligan's Island
3. Get Smart

Jesus dude  :lol Who you gonna vote for this year? Carter or Ford?

:rollin

Totally fair question. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1858 on: June 27, 2020, 07:27:12 PM »
i honestly can't remember the last time i actually watched a TV show, much less finished one

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1859 on: June 27, 2020, 07:27:36 PM »
i honestly can't remember the last time i actually watched a TV show, much less finished one

Me neither.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1860 on: June 27, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »

I rarely keep up with TV. Right now I'm watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix per a coworker's recommendation but that's it. Before that the last shows I watched were Better Call Saul and Westworld back in spring, but those are done for the next 2 years. Only thing on my radar after TLK is season 2 of The Boys when it comes out later this summer, and then Stranger Things whenever they get that finished.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1861 on: June 27, 2020, 07:31:23 PM »
i haven't even heard of half of those

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1862 on: June 27, 2020, 07:37:09 PM »
You really haven't heard of Better Call Saul? Breaking Bad spinoff. Or Westworld, which is HBO's next big thing after Game of Thrones? Or The Boys, Amazon Prime's awesome superhero show based on a gritty comic series?

I highly highly highly recommend all three.

Or I Think You Should Leave starring Tim Robinson on Netflix which is one of the most aburd, funniest things I have ever seen. "FUCK YOU Bart Harley Jarvis!"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 07:49:57 PM by The Walrus »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1863 on: June 27, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »
I really want to watch Westworld.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1864 on: June 27, 2020, 07:44:47 PM »

It's my favorite show on TV right now. Lot of people poop on season 2 and especially 3 but I think it is an utterly fascinating psychological thriller. You should definitely watch it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1865 on: June 27, 2020, 07:46:02 PM »
You really haven't heard of Better Call Saul? Breaking Bad Spinoff.

Even I know that! :neverusethis:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1866 on: June 27, 2020, 07:51:32 PM »
yeah that's one of the only ones there i even know of, i also know of stranger things but that's about it

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1867 on: June 27, 2020, 07:53:36 PM »
The Boys & Stranger Things  are amazing. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1868 on: June 27, 2020, 07:54:27 PM »
The Boys is fucking awesome. I was hooked after just a few minutes in the first episode. Soooo hyped for season 2, hell I might start rewatching it tonight...

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1869 on: June 27, 2020, 07:58:43 PM »
I've been watching Dark and The Expanse recently and find both to be incredible.

I liked The Boys too.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1870 on: June 27, 2020, 08:03:30 PM »
The Boys is fucking awesome. I was hooked after just a few minutes in the first episode. Soooo hyped for season 2, hell I might start rewatching it tonight...

Great ro see the dark side of superhero power.  I loved it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1871 on: June 27, 2020, 08:04:13 PM »
Joe, when the hell do you have time to watch TV?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1872 on: June 27, 2020, 08:07:02 PM »
After dinner the wife and I get 3 to 4 shows in.  I get to bed 10:30 ish.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1873 on: June 27, 2020, 08:16:44 PM »
After dinner the wife and I get 3 to 4 shows in.  I get to bed 10:30 ish.

What about listening to music?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1874 on: June 27, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »
I do that more at work.  Though there are times hanging in our screened in porch, drinking beers and playing music. 

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1875 on: June 27, 2020, 08:28:49 PM »

It's my favorite show on TV right now. Lot of people poop on season 2 and especially 3 but I think it is an utterly fascinating psychological thriller. You should definitely watch it.
Neat, might start it soon or wait until it finished airing. Been considering that, Fleabad, and Firefly. Maybe finishing the third season of Hannibal but it's just a slog :lol

The last TV shows I've watched were Mr Robot (absolutely fantastic) and Bojack Horseman (amazing as well), both which had their final seasons some months ago. Oh and Chernobyl, fucking great if utterly depressing stuff.

I've been watching Dark and The Expanse recently and find both to be incredible.
I watched the first season of Dark along with my sister back in the day and found it kinda boring an overtly dramatic and complicated. Kinda like a less subtle Twin Peaks but with time travel I guess? Dunno I think I just didn't like the characters. The Expanse on the other hand I'm quite eager to give it a try.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1876 on: June 28, 2020, 04:45:32 AM »
Better Call Saul is amazing and probably my favourite show at the moment. Westworld S1 is also amazing, however I've been reluctant to watch S2. Stranger Things S1 was great, don't remember much from S2 but it was an enjoyable watch. Started to watch S3 but never finished it for some reason.

Sent!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1877 on: June 28, 2020, 05:01:37 AM »
Sent the Better Call Saul soundtrack
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1878 on: June 28, 2020, 05:21:07 AM »
Sent.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1879 on: June 28, 2020, 05:28:51 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1880 on: June 28, 2020, 06:07:06 AM »
Podaar: Bob James & Keiko Matsui [8.8]
1. Frozen Lake
2. Divertimento
3. Bach Chorale

Lovely, lovely piano playing, absolutely gorgeous. In fact it's the one record I tried to look up to purchase before posting results, unfortunately it's impossible to find a physical copy of this anywhere on the planet, apparently. The conversation between the keyboards and piano on Frozen Lake is delightful - Divertimento is like a playful studious trip down memory lane to my college days - Bach Chorale is a lovely excerpt from a larger Bach piece. All played exquisitely with beautiful sounding pianos. Exceptional.

I'm pleased you enjoyed it. Most of this album was a departure for both Bob and Keiko, IMO.

Most of Bob's output is firmly in the, so called, smooth jazz genre. He's done a couple of stellar albums with jazz guitar great, Earl Klugh. I'd highly recommend you give the albums, One on One, and Two of a Kind, a listen. They're both fantastic.

Keiko has a shit ton of navel gazing, pseudo-spiritual, jazz club albums. Tim would hate them all. You can probably find live DVD's of her and her husband performing, literally, in a room full of rich yuppies eating dinner and sipping champagne.  :lol  But, if you ignore all the fluff and marketing around her, you'll hear thoughtfully arranged music, very interesting instrumentation, and exquisitely performed keyboard and piano.

Oh, and of course, I already sent. I think I've sent early for about every round.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1881 on: June 28, 2020, 07:10:45 AM »
Podaar: Bob James & Keiko Matsui [8.8]
1. Frozen Lake
2. Divertimento
3. Bach Chorale

Lovely, lovely piano playing, absolutely gorgeous. In fact it's the one record I tried to look up to purchase before posting results, unfortunately it's impossible to find a physical copy of this anywhere on the planet, apparently. The conversation between the keyboards and piano on Frozen Lake is delightful - Divertimento is like a playful studious trip down memory lane to my college days - Bach Chorale is a lovely excerpt from a larger Bach piece. All played exquisitely with beautiful sounding pianos. Exceptional.

I'm pleased you enjoyed it. Most of this album was a departure for both Bob and Keiko, IMO.

Most of Bob's output is firmly in the, so called, smooth jazz genre. He's done a couple of stellar albums with jazz guitar great, Earl Klugh. I'd highly recommend you give the albums, One on One, and Two of a Kind, a listen. They're both fantastic.

Keiko has a shit ton of navel gazing, pseudo-spiritual, jazz club albums. Tim would hate them all. You can probably find live DVD's of her and her husband performing, literally, in a room full of rich yuppies eating dinner and sipping champagne.  :lol  But, if you ignore all the fluff and marketing around her, you'll hear thoughtfully arranged music, very interesting instrumentation, and exquisitely performed keyboard and piano.

Oh, and of course, I already sent. I think I've sent early for about every round.

Listening to this now and Frozen Lake is lovely. Reminds me of Stanton Lanier.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1882 on: June 28, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
Both Bob James and Keiko Matsui sound like artists I would LOVE based on your description there, Podaar.

Got about half the round 5 submissions in, started listening to what I have already. Another very curious round is developing here. EDIT: One artist is one I've been curious about for MANY years, and still play a cover version of one of their songs (might be more popular than the original by now, not sure) at the piano all the time.  :corn
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:55:03 AM by The Walrus »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1883 on: June 28, 2020, 12:01:09 PM »
So hey, just for the record, I sent Joan Baez and Katt said he never heard of her.

You know what, I don't feel too bad about this Backstreet Boys thing anymore.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1884 on: June 28, 2020, 12:17:40 PM »
Dude I guarantee you that's not as big a dunk as you not knowing Backstreet Boys!!  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1885 on: June 28, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
Sent.  First step, on Chad's dead carcass. 

Offline HOF

« Reply #1886 on: June 28, 2020, 12:49:34 PM »
You should have my round 5 already.

I have heard of Joan Baez, but I’ve never heard any of her music.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1887 on: June 28, 2020, 01:09:04 PM »

Good luck, tough guy.  I'm gettin all dirty and kinky this round.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1888 on: June 28, 2020, 01:15:43 PM »
So hey, just for the record, I sent Joan Baez and Katt said he never heard of her.
...who?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1889 on: June 28, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »

Good luck, tough guy.  I'm gettin all dirty and kinky this round.

:lol

Both trying to climb over each other. Lol