Author Topic: The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever  (Read 139992 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- Round 4 results
« Reply #1820 on: June 27, 2020, 11:07:59 AM »
So Tim. Sounds like Toto eh? :lol

Scored properly.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1821 on: June 27, 2020, 11:19:58 AM »
Woot woot!

Swinging hard for a ^, while at the same time throwing a knuckle-ball.  I have now idea where this one is gonna end up.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1822 on: June 27, 2020, 12:06:09 PM »
Well damn, goodbye to me shadow ninja comeback :lol

Yeah the SH soundtracks are amazingly chill but also have some of the most tense, visceral dark ambient / industrial music of any game out there.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1823 on: June 27, 2020, 12:33:10 PM »

Will send soon.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1824 on: June 27, 2020, 12:53:09 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1825 on: June 27, 2020, 12:57:35 PM »
Ok sent

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1826 on: June 27, 2020, 01:29:29 PM »
Minor correction but Buddy and I are joint 7th, not joint 8th. :P

Anyway really glad you liked her stuff, yeah there's definitely a certain quirkiness to her stuff, it's quite varied in a lot of ways. Given the songs you loved most were from Begin to Hope, it obviously makes sense to check that album out, but keep in mind that (in my opinion) it's a little weaker overall despite those two songs which are incredible. Far doesn't have quite the same highs but it's consistently fantastic throughout and really is her best album I would say.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1827 on: June 27, 2020, 03:15:29 PM »
I find it really bizarre that Michael has never heard Faith and Freedom.  Like, seriously?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1828 on: June 27, 2020, 03:19:59 PM »
I find it really bizarre that Michael has never heard Faith and Freedom.  Like, seriously?

I find it really bizarre that Chad would send Faith and Freedom. Like, seriously?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1829 on: June 27, 2020, 03:21:06 PM »

I find it really bizarre that Chad would send Faith and Freedom. Like, seriously?

There is that too.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1830 on: June 27, 2020, 03:30:58 PM »
In terms of the Eric Johnson entries, of those songs I would only consider Lonely in the Night (two of my favorite solos ever) and maybe Trail of Tears among my favorite EJ songs. Not that they are bad, I just wouldn’t say they are the best of the best. Those first three albums (Tones, Ah Via Musicom, and Venus Isle) are all just outstanding though, probably my favorite “guitar” albums if you know what I mean. You should check out all of them for sure. AVM is the one everyone knows and loves because of Cliffs of Dover, and it is great, but I think I may like the other two even more actually on the whole with Venus Isle being somewhat of a masterpiece IMO. It’s the most progressive and diverse of those three at least, and you can tell a ton of care was taken with the production.

After that his music kind of stopped having the same feel and production and I’ve actually lost touch with his later releases. But I do have his recent acoustic CD “EJ” which is really good. I got to see him on his tour for that one actually. Just him playing acoustic guitar and piano. A little different than Eric Johnson the guitar hero, but very cool to see him in an intimate setting. I had sent you a couple selections from that one for my later round entry.

Tones is my favourite out of the 3.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1831 on: June 27, 2020, 03:32:41 PM »

Loved those tunes man.

@ Kade... Dude was born in '91.  Freedom was all over the video airwaves for a solid year or two (that's a hawt video), and unless he was in to 'vintage' pop in the late 90s, Faith wouldn't have been on the listening radar.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1832 on: June 27, 2020, 03:34:35 PM »
Come on, he's only 7 years younger than me, those songs are radio classics still heard all the time.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1833 on: June 27, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
In terms of the Eric Johnson entries, of those songs I would only consider Lonely in the Night (two of my favorite solos ever) and maybe Trail of Tears among my favorite EJ songs. Not that they are bad, I just wouldn’t say they are the best of the best. Those first three albums (Tones, Ah Via Musicom, and Venus Isle) are all just outstanding though, probably my favorite “guitar” albums if you know what I mean. You should check out all of them for sure. AVM is the one everyone knows and loves because of Cliffs of Dover, and it is great, but I think I may like the other two even more actually on the whole with Venus Isle being somewhat of a masterpiece IMO. It’s the most progressive and diverse of those three at least, and you can tell a ton of care was taken with the production.

After that his music kind of stopped having the same feel and production and I’ve actually lost touch with his later releases. But I do have his recent acoustic CD “EJ” which is really good. I got to see him on his tour for that one actually. Just him playing acoustic guitar and piano. A little different than Eric Johnson the guitar hero, but very cool to see him in an intimate setting. I had sent you a couple selections from that one for my later round entry.

Tones is my favourite out of the 3.

I really love Tones too. Bristol Shore is possibly my favorite EJ song.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1834 on: June 27, 2020, 03:39:02 PM »
Come on, he's only 7 years younger than me, those songs are radio classics still heard all the time.

Maybe in Australia but I can tell you I've never heard those songs before in my life. I've also not listened to real 'radio' much in my life. I have also literally never met anyone who has sung the praises of George Michael or Wham until Chad sent me those songs, so...  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1835 on: June 27, 2020, 03:39:42 PM »

If you listen to the radio.  The only time I do is if driving with mrs.jingle, and then we're still usually listening to classic *rock* radio stations.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1836 on: June 27, 2020, 03:41:22 PM »
Faith was definitely all over the radio throughout the 90s. But if you don’t listen to radio you could certainly miss it. It probably still is, but I don’t listen to the radio anymore either. ;-)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1837 on: June 27, 2020, 03:42:20 PM »
And it would have to be pop radio too, wouldn't it?

The only time I spent listening to actual radio stations was for a few years at work, but it was just the classic rock station that would spin the same 100 80s hair metal hits all the time. But now even that has been replaced by us just using our phones and Spotify/Pandora/whatever playlists.

Otherwise I would listen to Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez satellite talk radio shows all day every day for many years.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1838 on: June 27, 2020, 03:46:18 PM »

The only time I spent listening to actual radio stations was for a few years at work, but it was just the classic rock station that would spin the same 100 80s hair metal hits all the time. But now even that has been replaced by us just using our phones and Spotify/Pandora/whatever playlists.

Otherwise I would listen to Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez satellite talk radio shows all day every day for many years.

Yeah, it would have been on those “todays hits and yesterday’s favorites” stations. Now it would be on what they call the “oldies” station these days.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1839 on: June 27, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »
To be honest, the only reason I ever heard Faith was because I heard the Limp Bizkit cover first. :lol

Anyway, sent for round 5!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1840 on: June 27, 2020, 03:54:17 PM »
Must be an Australian thing then.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1841 on: June 27, 2020, 03:58:52 PM »
George Michael was huge in the UK so I don't doubt it was on pop radio loads, there's just never been a stage in my life where I've listened much to pop radio. Or any radio, really - I had a brief phase of radio listening in my mid-late teens when I was getting into rock, punk, etc. so at that point the only shows or stations I sought out were ones that focused on that sort of stuff.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1842 on: June 27, 2020, 04:00:49 PM »
There were a few weeks in '08 I listened to the pop radio. I think it was 95% T-Pain & Flo Rida's Apple Bottom Jeans.

EDIT: Formally known as "Low" I suppose

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- Round 4 comparisons
« Reply #1843 on: June 27, 2020, 04:06:48 PM »
I mean it's fairly wide for what it is but frankly if I made it wider the people on the low end are royally screwed and the ones up top are gonna coast to the finish.  :lol

EDIT: Oh actually I do see what I can do to adjust them properly hmmm

Curious about it ^

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- Round 4 comparisons
« Reply #1844 on: June 27, 2020, 04:11:57 PM »
I mean it's fairly wide for what it is but frankly if I made it wider the people on the low end are royally screwed and the ones up top are gonna coast to the finish.  :lol

EDIT: Oh actually I do see what I can do to adjust them properly hmmm

Curious about it ^

I ended up not doing it after seeing the responses. And it wasn't as big a solution as I thought anyway  :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1845 on: June 27, 2020, 04:15:29 PM »
Oh, ok.

Sent.

I feel so motivated after dropping 6 focking spots  ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:32:05 PM by Indiscipline »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1846 on: June 27, 2020, 04:32:05 PM »
I'd be happy to adjust everyone's scores. ;D

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1847 on: June 27, 2020, 04:38:13 PM »
Oh, ok.

Sent.

I feel so motivated after dropping 6 focking spots  ;)
It's all really close though, right down to your position (and then there's a jump). I've dropped a couple of spots but I'm still 0.5 points behind first place, so I'm feeling alright about it! It's all pretty tight at the top.

I be am boner inducing.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1848 on: June 27, 2020, 04:38:32 PM »
I'd be happy to adjust everyone's scores. ;D
I bet you would :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1849 on: June 27, 2020, 05:17:50 PM »

It was on MTV non stop. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1850 on: June 27, 2020, 05:34:27 PM »

It was on MTV non stop.

I never watched MTV. When I was growing up I remember Eminem dominating it (Cleanin Out My Closet would be played on repeat daily) but even then it was overrun mostly by reality TV.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1851 on: June 27, 2020, 06:42:12 PM »
It's weird.  Let me go on a last place tangent.  :lol

Even I know really famous songs from the 50's and 60's.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1852 on: June 27, 2020, 07:09:06 PM »
It's weird.  Let me go on a last place tangent.  :lol

Even I know really famous songs from the 50's and 60's.

I like a bunch of songs from the 60s!  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1853 on: June 27, 2020, 07:12:33 PM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1854 on: June 27, 2020, 07:18:38 PM »
Especially this one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSLuEj99d0

If I think about the best TV show theme songs of all time, that's gotta be way up there on the list. Potentially #1. LOVE that show even today.