The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever

Started by The Walrus, May 27, 2020, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

I've only had to request one re-submission this entire time, which is awesome. For the curious, it was Soen. I believe asking them to re-submit is being merciful.  :lol

Buddyhunter1

You gotta have some really strict definitions for metal and prog for Soen not to fall under either of them :P

The Walrus

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 29, 2020, 06:25:12 AM
You gotta have some really strict definitions for metal and prog for Soen not to fall under either of them :P

That's what I thought; I've heard 2 full albums and they sound... like prog metal to me. They remind me heavily of Tool. When they played ProgPower USA in 2018, I went back to the hotel and napped until Anneke van Giersbergen was scheduled to play.

Evermind

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 29, 2020, 06:25:12 AM

Yeeeah. I really like Soen but this is definitely not the roulette to send them. :)
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Train of Naught

Dude, I saw this post and was like "WTF, which dumbo is trying to send Soen in a non metal / non prog roulette??"

Then I open my mail and see Katt replying to my submission (which is not even close to anything Soen related whatsoever) saying I have to resend because he hates Soen. Ouch?!? and also what the fuck makes you think I sent Soen?

So looking at my text...

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PM
Hey man!

I'm gonna do the same as with ariiich, send you a playlist with everything in it sorted by round 1 at the top, etc., for now I just have round one but I'll add the rest of the artists very soon. This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff. Discovered them this year!

[spotify link]

Clearly auto-correct changed one of my words to Soen, man!! :lol

King Postwhore

:lol

I cannot make fun of you there.  With my history.  LOL
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 29, 2020, 08:32:00 AM
Dude, I saw this post and was like "WTF, which dumbo is trying to send Soen in a non metal / non prog roulette??"

Then I open my mail and see Katt replying to my submission (which is not even close to anything Soen related whatsoever) saying I have to resend because he hates Soen. Ouch?!? and also what the fuck makes you think I sent Soen?

So looking at my text...

Hey man!

I'm gonna do the same as with ariiich, send you a playlist with everything in it sorted by round 1 at the top, etc., for now I just have round one but I'll add the rest of the artists very soon. This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff. Discovered them this year!

[spotify link]

This is hilarious!! OMG. I also owe Train an apology for not opening the link to double check  :rollin

Train of Naught

Got a good laugh out of me too :lol

But I'm still hurt by your comments on Soen, right in the feels :( Tellurian is one of my favourite albums in the category of somewhat.. 'standard modern prog metal', which is a genre I'm really not that interested in anymore.

The Walrus

Hopefully your submission pleases me and will make up for the painful truth about Soen. ;) :hug:

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

I hope Katt likes my submission. I sent one of my favorite Hip-Hop artists of all time. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

ariich

For hangman:

Quote from: ariich on May 25, 2020, 02:19:26 PM
Train: Federation of the Disco Pimp
    1: Walk Away
    2: Crank
    3: Click Your Heels
    4: No Place Like Home

Also that's hilarious that it presumably changed "some" to "Soen". :lol

But also major lol at Katt clearly not even reading your submission (let alone opening the link) where you appeared to describe Soen as "cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff".

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Crow

i'm skipping the lady gaga album bcuz all the singles are so meeehhhh i can't imagine the album is gonna be anything interesting either
i found three albums maybe worth listening to today but it feels like a really dead week in terms of releases

jingle.boy

Quote from: ariich on May 29, 2020, 08:56:46 AM
But also major lol at Katt clearly not even reading your submission (let alone opening the link) where you appeared to describe Soen as "cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff".

Yeah, I think even *I* might've picked up on something being amiss there.

Also, sent

:burns:
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

Quote from: Cyril on May 29, 2020, 08:58:06 AM
i'm skipping the lady gaga album bcuz all the singles are so meeehhhh i can't imagine the album is gonna be anything interesting either
i found three albums maybe worth listening to today but it feels like a really dead week in terms of releases
Yeah, it's a very dead new release friday for me. Only 2 albums I'm even remotely interested in. Deerhoof and Alestorm. I'm probably going to hate the new Alestorm, but ehhh...

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 29, 2020, 08:58:53 AM
Hey there's one I don't have on my list. I thought I had them all...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

The Walrus

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 29, 2020, 08:58:53 AM
Quote from: ariich on May 29, 2020, 08:56:46 AM

Yeah, I think even *I* might've picked up on something being amiss there.

Also, sent

:facepalm: :facepalm: Look, I had just woken up, and didn't even pay attention to that. Throw me a bone here  :lol

The Walrus

Chad is the only dude to email his submissions to me. I was gonna be like, "Sent? Bullshit!" but there they are.  :lol

Crow

The Walrus

Just need romdrums, Big Hath, and Sacul, if I have all these jotted down correctly. Again, no rush. If I make a post talking about it, I'll remember it better, that's just how I am. I think I'll close the signups officially once I have the last submissions, and then Epic Hangman. Gentlemen... the fun will begin soon.  :corn

Crow

jingle.boy

Quote from: Kattelox on May 29, 2020, 09:19:29 AM
Chad is the only dude to email his submissions to me. I was gonna be like, "Sent? Bullshit!" but there they are.  :lol

Saving DTF Inbox's, one message at a time.

Let's see if I can give Puppies another one:

:vaderloungin:

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 29, 2020, 08:32:00 AM

So looking at my text...

Hey man!

[spotify link]

:rollin :rollin :rollin

QuoteThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Holy shit this is probably the funniest thing I've seen this month. :lol
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Buddyhunter1

Crow

soen

BODY once told me the world was gonna roll me

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

Crow

The Walrus

Quote from: Cyril on May 29, 2020, 12:35:58 PM
HANG
THE
MAN

HANG
THE
MAN

Again, still need 3 submissions. There's still plenty of time. Hell, TAC has heard more of round 1 than I have already.

TAC

Yup, got the first 11 in. Actually, I couldn't bring myself to listen to one of them.  :lol

About to listen to the rest.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

Elite

Quote from: TAC on May 29, 2020, 01:00:20 PM
Actually, I couldn't bring myself to listen to one of them.  :lol

What was it?
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

TAC

Quote from: Elite on May 29, 2020, 01:08:25 PM
Quote from: TAC on May 29, 2020, 01:00:20 PM
Actually, I couldn't bring myself to listen to one of them.  :lol

What was it?

I'd tell you, but I'd be bitchslapped by old salty.  ;D

All in due time.

The Walrus