News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever

Started by The Walrus, May 27, 2020, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

Quote from: Mr. Crabs on June 19, 2020, 02:46:10 PM
Geez, I thought Simon LeBon was pretty good.

Of course you do, you like the bad shit and hate the good shit. You like Dokken, too?  :lol

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

King Postwhore

Quote from: The Walrus on June 19, 2020, 02:33:50 PM
I just Google imaged Simon LeBon. Holy shit that's what was considered hot in the 80s? I'm so fucking glad I was born in 91  :rollin WTF is with that hair?!

Dude, he was pussy central in the 80's. It was nuts.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Shadow Ninja 2.0

Elite

Wow! That went really well. Glad you enjoyed that, my man!

And since I'm in second place, I can't help but nitpick that Bolsters got an 8.4, yet you gave him an 8.6 when adding the scores :biggrin:
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

The Walrus

Podaar

Sent round 4. I predict my score will go up...of course, that's not saying much.  :lol

ariich

Quote from: The Walrus on June 19, 2020, 03:36:57 PM
Shit I double checked before I posted too. Will fix soon!
This is the main reason I now use automated spreadsheet formulae to do all that for me. :lol

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

TAC

Quote from: kingshmegland on June 19, 2020, 03:07:07 PM
I just Google imaged Simon LeBon. Holy shit that's what was considered hot in the 80s? I'm so fucking glad I was born in 91  :rollin WTF is with that hair?!

So pussy AND nuts? Sure, probably both.

Buddyhunter1

I got Ordinary World in a roulette and the vocals didn't stick out to me as being particularly good or bad. They did the job.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Mr. Crabs on June 19, 2020, 03:56:23 PM
Quote from: kingshmegland on June 19, 2020, 03:07:07 PM

So pussy AND nuts? Sure, probably both.

You missed the period you nilly willy. *don't say it*
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

King Postwhore

Crow

jingle.boy

If you thought that hair/look was bad, I beg of you, do not visually research my round 4 submission.   :lol
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

wolfking

TAC

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Indiscipline

Wow, that was a pleasant surprise. Glad you dig Pentangle!

Plus, I'm officially a fan of Shadow Ninja's art.

Crow

"shadow ninja's art" oh dear. oh he doesn't know. don't let him find out

Indiscipline

Buddyhunter1

Sent.

Also I'll be honest with you, I'm looking at my shortlist of video game soundtracks to send you for the rest of the roulette and the level of quality isn't quite where I'd like it to be. :P A lot of it works well in-game but the amount of video game music I seriously enjoy listening to on its own is a bit limited. There's at least a few non-video game, non-prog or metal artists I could send that I personally enjoy much more and I think would go over well. But I did say I'd be willing to send you nothing but video game music, so... the choice is yours. I can stick to that promise or I can throw some other stuff in there too that might be better suited for standalone listening.

Shadow Ninja 2.0

Haha

The gifs I post are mostly all from the webcomic Homestuck. It is great art though!

Indiscipline

TAC

King Postwhore

TAC

Sacul

Wow I didn't expect to do so well! Seems I might have to end up sending trip hop again if I want to rise and shine once more :metal

wolfking

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Stadler

Quote from: Podaar on June 19, 2020, 02:13:51 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on June 19, 2020, 02:09:58 PM
Simon LeBon "just can't sing"

Said one person ever.

Edit: Gregg... you pain me.

Until I've read your's and Stadler's views on Duran Duran, I've literally never known anyone who thought LeBon could sing worth a shit...including Mrs. P who is the biggest '80's pop fan in the world.

I'm here to stick up for Chad.  I think you're all off your rockers.  No, he's not Fred Mercury, but he can sing almost anything.   Save A Prayer, Lonely In Your Nightmare, Ordinary World...   Granted, DD is sort of a "more than the sum of it's parts" band, but I think they're excellent.  And one of the few of those 80's "new Romantic" bands that lasted, and for good reason.

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.