0 (0%)
Cyril
1 (10%)
Romdrums
0 (0%)
Kevin Moore
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: STAY AT HOME - MINI HOME ROULETTE v.2 fiiiinal results my bois! W H O WON?  (Read 20893 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: STAY AT HOME - MINI HOME ROULETTE v.2 EP Reveals! Match the Snippets!
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2020, 08:25:07 PM »
 :'(

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2020, 03:35:21 AM »
Well, Kevin Moore has won anyway.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2020, 10:59:27 AM »
Tonight bois
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2020, 11:09:33 AM »
Kevin Coorn

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »
IT IS TIME
IT IS TIME
FINAL ROULETTE RESULTS MY BOIS

----------------------------------------------------

Life on a Screen: 21

Fun - be calm: 9.25
Love how this song starts kind of cinematic, it's a great way too start the journey of this EP. Really dig the musical-like vibes, remind me a little of The Dear Hunter, similar feels too. The composition and progression is great, easily remains interesting and gripping throughout. The instrumentation (especially the orchestral elements) follow the lyrics so well, making this song very much into a story.

Spanish Love Songs - Losers: 8
Love the raw emotion in the singers voice. And that's such a strong chorus! Musically maybe a bit more straightforward than the previous song but the feelings do mostly make up for it. Solid - nothing much more to say about it.

PUP - Scorpion Hill: 8.75

Some nice feels from the start, the additional voices are used really well here. Absolutely love the transition at around the minute mark, actually this song just does transitions really well, there’s some great switches of pace and mood throughout. The singer’s voice is great too and some of their vocal lines keep getting stuck in my head. I love how this has so much energy while still portraying depressed thoughts. That’s a dramatic ending too!

My Chemical Romance - Disenchanted 6.5

This song is the only point where I kind of lose the EP, it's hard to exactly point my finger on it, but it just feels a little too polished maybe? Maybe I would have enjoyed it more out of context but right now it lacks both the interesting composition or the more rawer feelings of the songs surrounding it.

The reticent: funeral for a friend 8
Gorgeous atmospheres. The different voices are a nice touch. Love how the male singer’s voice gets more gritty and the song slowly gets darker. That change of mood around 4 minutes is just needing to happen and so dramatic. Those harsh vocals are used so well here, really adds a lot of power.

Glass beach - orchids 9 
This song is directly of to a great start with some slightly psychedelic feels, but my boi that is a huge chorus. Love how the guitar replays the chorus melody here with the voice slowly coming through again finally erupting in a big climax. And I have to at least mention the production here, it's bad in a really, really good way: parts of it are kind of noisy and unclear, yet it still breathes and makes for a great listening experience.

Flow and story: 4.5

First of all props for the story, it really enhances the EP and makes all the lyrical themes fit together. Musically I feel the songs really fit the theme great and there's a nice kind of build up climaxing in funeral for a friend. The flow is good in general, honestly the only thing that would have made me like the EP more is excluding Disenchanted. There are three songs here that are easily among my favorites I received in this roulette, thanks for that!

CreepEP  18.5

Micah P Henson - Close your eyes 9
This has some nice dreamy vibes from the start. Definitely a song that just makes me want to close my eyes. The repetitive lyrics work great here as there is the instruments, vocal melodies and change of voice still move the song forward; I just love how the song progresses, that last half minute is just heavenly and makes the song. Definitely a great start to this EP.

Nick Cave - Where the wild roses grows 7

I like the vocal melodies, they are both very enchanting and catchy. While the lyrics "on the first day, on the second day..." are kind of building up to something happening it does make the structure kind of predictable. Overall it's pleasant but I am not getting into it too much.

Nick Cave The Kindness of Strangers 6

Sadly there’s nothing here that really grips me, kind of mellow mood throughout. I guess he tries to convey some story but most of what he says is just not that interesting, quite repetitive and he sings just soo slow. Kind of waiting for it too pass, or something interesting to happen but it doesn't...

Phoebe Bridgers - Killer 7.5

Again a moody song, but this time it comes through more. The lyrics are a lot more powerful - “I hope you kiss my rotten head and pull the plug” . Love the harmony and the chorus, the man and woman's voice together make it feel kind of like this is a dialogue or a mutual sentiment to me. The composition isn’t the most interesting though.

Phoebe Bridgers - Funeral 8.5
Okay this song hits me a lot more than Killer. The lyrics are very evocative. Her voice sounds so gorgeous here; the vocal melodies are more interesting, the sparsely used harmonies great. It does such a great job of conveying sad feelings while also offering some warmth and comfort to sooth them.

Low - Lullaby 7.5
I like how it starts kind of bare with the atmosphere and lyrics being the main focus. However after the vocals are gone it becomes easy to drift off, it relies mostly on the same motive that was played over and over again from pretty much the start of the song - without that much happening. There are some really great and intense parts near the end. However, it does take really long to get to the point and the ending itself isn’t that strong.

Flow and story 3.5
There’s a nice theme running through the songs, death is part of most songs in someway. The flow is okay, not jarring, but lullaby does feel slightly like the odd one out. Overall this EP is of to a great start, but then you completely lose me in the middle before drawing me back in near the end.

Postcards from the road 18.5

Tides from Nebula – Safehaven 7.5
Some nice evocative vibes in the start setting the mood for this EP right. I like how they used the “oooh” vocals here. I tend to drift of quit easily during some of the quieter middle sections but the last 2 minutes or so are great. However over all, while it has a nice build up and atmospheres, it is kind of post-rock by the numbers

Aesthesys – Filis Aurelius 8

Dig the positive vibes this song has. Some of the triangle-ish sounds are almost christmas-like. Definitely makes me drift to positive places. There’s some nice strings especially those starting around 2 minutes. The climax is great, love that high melody coupled with those intense drums and instrumentation.

Solkyri – Sad Boys 8
There are some great progressions in this song and it builds up pretty well. It probably has the best climax on this EP, love how it gets louder after thinking it already reached the tops.

we.own.the.sky – Youth 6.5

While the atmospheric parts sound great, the production on this song is just too flat in the louder sections, such as the one around 2:20. It’s a shame because there’s some cool stuff going on but it becomes kind of annoying to listen to

Aesthesys – Apogeion 7.5

I like how the mood of this song is immediately more intense than the rest of the songs on this EP - kind of pulls me back in. Love the mood around 3 minutes in, it’s kind of carefully treading, waiting for danger to come. The climax is pretty good but not too special.

Flow and story 3.5
Not much of a story here but it is a very coherent whole. The whole EP felt only just pleasant but passable at the start, but has grown on me quite a bit. I’m sure I will check out some of these bands while studying.

Making the winner……..

Cyril!

Final top 3:
Cyril: 53
Tomislav: 51.5
romdrums: 49.25

Thanks again for playing everyone, definitely have enough music to check out the coming time, despite it being such a short one! :D
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
really is amusing as my EP's story really wouldn't have changed if i excluded disenchanted, it was the least essential song but i love it a lot and wanted to include it

anyways yeehaw  :metal lots of good scores on that EP, which is what i was gunning for

congrats, kevin moore!

Offline romdrums

Like any third place finisher, just happy to be on the podium.  :metal

Congrats, Cyril!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Tomislav95

Nooooo. That was really close though.
Congrats Cyril :tup
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Goddammit Cyril is at 7 wins after this, I really need to win the royal rumble now :biggrin:

Congrats Cyril!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
congrats six roaming owls' biggest fan

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Goddammit Cyril is at 7 wins after this, I really need to win the royal rumble now :biggrin:

Congrats Cyril!
i hope

i hope

i hope

you

choke  :corn

Offline HOF

I’ll tip my hat to the winner as well. Congrats, Cyril!

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Congrats Cyril!
i hope

i hope

i hope

you

choke  :corn
Calm down Maynard. Eat a Snickers.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar