Author Topic: Junior Groovador version of Another Day  (Read 1272 times)

Offline gzarruk

Junior Groovador version of Another Day
« on: June 17, 2020, 03:57:22 PM »
I never thought this would happen :lol :lol :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksX_Yq9F4ks

Disclaimer: You can't unsee this :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Junior Groovador version of Another Day
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 04:21:10 PM »
That was spectacular! :lol

Nicky Spanjards plays bass too?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 04:46:19 PM »
Absolutely hilarious! I've actually seen a minute long excerpt that someone posted on FB, but a different take, because I was waiting for some of the same moves at the same angle (a bit more close up than this) with a bit more of a focus on his fancy footwork, but they were a bit different. But as I posted in response on FB, you couldn't find another bass player that was more the complete opposite of JMX than this guy! Still, props to his playing, since he obviously knows how to play bass.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 04:52:45 PM »
Absolutely hilarious! I've actually seen a minute long excerpt that someone posted on FB, but a different take, because I was waiting for some of the same moves at the same angle (a bit more close up than this) with a bit more of a focus on his fancy footwork, but they were a bit different. But as I posted in response on FB, you couldn't find another bass player that was more the complete opposite of JMX than this guy! Still, props to his playing, since he obviously knows how to play bass.

He's a great bassist indeed! And, actually, he's good friends with Felipe Andreoli, Angra's bassist and a huge DT fan. I had seen some of his clips and absolutely loved them (they're hilarious!) but didn't expect him to do one with a DT song :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 05:59:23 PM »
I couldn't look away (until I did, of course).

What's the orange thing wrapped around right above the nut on his bass?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 06:08:33 PM »
His version of Nirvana's Smell like teen spirit is awesome and hilarious aswell. :rollin

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 06:17:27 PM »

Gruv Gear Fretwrap :tup (bassist here too!)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 09:33:00 PM »
Very sexy! :rollin
Well, if anything, it’s a good sign that Dream Theater isn’t so unpopular after all  :laugh:
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 06:25:57 AM »
I now expect JMX to practice and replicate all of Junior's moves. Nothing less will be tolerated at my next DT concert experience.

God, that would actually be hilarious.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 09:07:19 AM »
I now expect JMX to practice and replicate all of Junior's moves. Nothing less will be tolerated at my next DT concert experience.

God, that would actually be hilarious.  :lol

I echo this, but without the green font!  I'd pay extra for that!

Gruv Gear Fretwrap :tup (bassist here too!)

Well...how 'bout that!  Never would have occurred to me.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung