Author Topic: Mörglbl (instrumental prog)  (Read 666 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Mörglbl (instrumental prog)
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:31:43 PM »
Anybody every heard of these guys? I really like this following tune for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29G-qtPZ2xo
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Mörglbl (instrumental prog)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:57:58 PM »
Talented guys - I have their Tea Time For Punks album and another one I haven't got around to as yet.  They're pretty well regarded in the "underground" guitar instrumental community and have that weird Vai meets Primus vibe.   

I found TTFP just okay - a bit "samey" and like Vai  , when a certain point of "weirdness" gets passed I start to tune out.  But they are talented enough to remain on my radar and I will be checking out their new one The Story of Scott Rotti.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 03:05:35 PM »
oh these guys, i tried checking out the new album but 1. the album cover is disgusting 2. music didn't hold my interest for more than a few tracks so i didn't finish it

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
Like them a lot. I need to get more than Grotesk album I currently have (Thanks Nick!)

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 04:18:23 AM »
I bought Tea Time for Punks on googleplay and I'm really pleaseant impressed! It's rare to have so much heavy/rock and some weirdness in a jazz rock band, so I think they have something truly unique. And the songs are really really cool. Thanks for the recomendation, Rumborak!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline angelmistry

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 06:25:15 AM »
Really like this band. Only found out about them a few weeks ago on the Sonic Perspectives website. Great mix of rock and jazz.  The new album is well worth a listen, hopefully they get to tour outside of France for this album.

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)