Author Topic: I did a bit of experimenting on the live dream theater releases  (Read 785 times)

Offline Zophixan

Hi All,

Not a sound engineer, literally just started using this stuff a day ago...

I took the dream theater live releases and added some pitch correction to the songs (isolated James's vocals).

I hope this isn't disrespectful to James, he inspired me to learn to sing, and I am a huge fan of his! He is my favorite singer. Some of the live releases had a few times when he is out of tune - which they didn't fix (obviously its hard to sing live, and he isn't to blame for being food poisoned / snapping vocal chords - plus, no one is perfect live anyway, most people fix it in post production).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZeuUZq6cGY&feature=youtu.be this should be within copy right as they're only tiny snippets of songs. This is all done almost automatically, with the occasional manual fix.

There are 3 songs, in the name of God (mixed results) - One last Time (better) and a change of seasons (mixed). I did a few others too but cutting and pasting bits of songs are really time consuming.

Not included, beyond this life - fixed "had a violent struggle taken place". I also replaced beneath the surface at luna park and tried to replace the bits the mic broke with the original track. Tried to fix illumination theory, the middle part starting notes but my eyes grew crossed eyed and I gave up (funnily enough, on the boot, he sings it in tune, so I think the post production broke it).

This is just for fun. The difference is subtle. In the name of god chorus was always 1/4 tone off. One last time and a change of seasons is just a little bit tighter.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 03:30:57 PM by Zophixan »