Author Topic: Streaming Concert Schedule - Voyager  (Read 12430 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - Neverending White Lights today
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2020, 11:16:59 AM »
I dont believe the download festival will be live or new videos though, I seem to be unable to easily find info for timings and whatnot, but reairing older broadcasts isn't terribly interesting to me.

Today they are doing a live stream of the Megadeth/Lamb of God/Trivium/In Flames tour that was cancelled this summer but also all sets will be old recordings.  It's better than nothing, but none of this makes me feel like it's much watch TV/stream.

Yeah, I kind of feel the same way.  At the same time, if it was a band I was really into, I'd probably watch it anyway.  Maybe I'll try to catch Iron Maiden since I missed their last tour - it doesn't have that same excitement level like you said though.

Offline SoundscapeMN

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - Neverending White Lights today
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2020, 05:15:25 PM »
Neverending White Lights today.

I also added the Download stream information.

thanks. It was not all that long (a little over 1 hour), and just Daniel at a keyboard, but it was very intimate and cool. He played a new tune titled "Mary Ann" and covered a song from both Jimmy Gnecco of Ours (the unreleased/live tune "I was in the Garden"), and a tune from The National.

As well, he played 3 or 4 tunes from NWL besides the new/unreleased song.

Having never seen NWL before, this meant a lot to me. Hopefully he'll do more of these in the future. Daniel mentioned playing with a band maybe in October which would be awesome.

Offline Lethean

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - Evergrey and Battle Beast 06-27
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2020, 02:12:21 PM »
A couple streams coming up this weekend.

I also removed some shows from the OP that are no longer available to watch.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2020, 03:10:07 PM »
Looking forward to the Evergrey one, not sure I'm going to buy the Battle Beast one. 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2020, 12:04:08 PM »
Evergrey coming up. :)

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2020, 01:15:02 PM »
Switchfoot's Bro-Am festival live stream is today.  $12.00 and proceeds go towards charities that they have been supporting when doing these yearly festivals.  What's not to love about that?  I've seen them twice last year and seen them in other live streams and they always give a good set and a chill welcoming vibe.  I expect this to not be different despite them not playing in front of a live audience.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2020, 02:16:53 PM »
Looking forward to the Evergrey one, not sure I'm going to buy the Battle Beast one. 
It's really good.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2020, 03:10:34 PM »
Evergrey was amazing. Hope they release the audio of the show. Nice song selection.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2020, 03:20:49 PM »
Evergrey was pretty damn good :hefdaddy Tom is an immense frontman, and the song selection was on point, if geared a little more towards the newer albums.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2020, 03:39:09 PM »
I caught the second half of Evergrey and thought it was really well done, sounded and looked awesome

Offline Lethean

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2020, 04:19:55 PM »
I thought it was great too.  Tom sounded great, the band was energetic.  We can't see shows in person but this was a great way to get close to that.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »
I thought it was great too.  Tom sounded great, the band was energetic.  We can't see shows in person but this was a great way to get close to that.

Looks like a few people actually got to see it though which was interesting.  That seemed like the first live stream concert that had a handful of fans in attendance.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2020, 06:43:36 PM »
Wacken Worldwide was announced. Seems to be a livestream but with full stage productions rather than a home/studio setting?

https://www.wacken.com/en/news-details/wacken-world-wide-everything-you-need-to-know/

Well, Blind Guardian is playing so I will for sure check this out.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2020, 09:54:06 AM »
If this is a new live performance from Bling Guardian, count me in!

Offline Lethean

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2020, 02:23:23 PM »
Added to the OP.  :)  I'm definitely interested in Blind Guardian.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2020, 06:19:18 PM »
The communication has been unclear about Wacken, but the description is as follows:

Get ready for Wacken World Wide! Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Heaven Shall Burn, Kreator, In Extremo, Hämatom and Beyond The Black will perform on a breathtaking virtual stage in a mixed reality studio.

So from this I am getting that these bands will be in a studio with some visual trickery.

Sabaton said the following:
Will you join us on Aug 1st for a show unlike anything you have ever seen before at the Wacken World Wide?
-Watch it for free at Magenta 360 or Magenta TV:

Also, Sabaton!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2020, 09:43:38 PM »
Interesting, Devin Townsend is also doing a virtual stage concert

However, I wanted to do something different, not the 'brady bunch' type split screen visuals filmed on smartphones, (they are cool, but also not really exciting in my opinion) instead, we have opted to make a full production, filming ourselves separately, playing our instruments live, on greenscreens, with 8 cameras each, (all at the same heights and distances for each of our remote shoots), and then combine these elements on a crazy virtual stage. Its ambitious, but I think the closest to a monster concert as can be achieved this summer
  From his facebook

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2020, 05:18:49 AM »
That sounds awesome, still such a bummer fhat I missed him last year. Not a big fan of his music, but I have always enjoyed his live vids.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2020, 08:33:23 AM »
I'll add the Devin show to the list soon.

Blind Guardian is today (9:30 Germany time) as part of Wacken World Wide.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2020, 08:59:52 AM »

So 3:30PM EST for me... which is good.  Just watched john 5, who I think is an awesome dude on the wacken stream. Before Blind Guardian is Beyond the Black so I might check them out too, should be a good afternoon of music on that stream especially for a dark and dreary rainy day here.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2020, 10:44:37 AM »
Curious to see what Blind Guardian will play because they haven't toured in years and, well, there is no crowd, so some songs will be a very different experience. Hopefully background singers as with Demons and Wizards but I sincerely doubt they will take that approach.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2020, 10:52:45 AM »
Yea Im curious, MAIDEN NOW!  Red and the Black  :metal :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »
The Wacken virtual stage is... interesting.  Cool spin to the live performance videos we've seen lately, I'm pretty excited for the BG set now.  I guess they will be on the "other stage" as this virtual Wacken still has the two stage set ups.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2020, 12:45:20 PM »
It is cute that they made an abstract virtual version of the festival terrain and that you can see fans on their cams in the crowd.

Sound and overall stream is great, so that's nice.

I think the social media accounts of Wacken really failed to promote this well btw, in the sense that only just now it became clear to me what their approach actually is. Shouldn't have been that hard to communicate. Maybe it was different for Germans, as this "worldwide" edition still has a lot of German language in it.

On a sidenote, Wacken probably has one of the most extensive and well produced backlogs of metal concerts out there. Nice to see they put it to use.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2020, 12:57:36 PM »
I think the social media accounts of Wacken really failed to promote this well btw, in the sense that only just now it became clear to me what their approach actually is. Shouldn't have been that hard to communicate. Maybe it was different for Germans, as this "worldwide" edition still has a lot of German language in it.

Totally agree and wondering this just as well while watching.  Like this is clearly a well done production and yet, they announced it so quick to the date, hardly gave any details, and hardly spread the word.  Oh well, all I can say is that I'm enjoying it so far and glad today is a summer friday so work is over and I am about to crack open a drink for BG's set soon.  :yarr  Also, this makes me really excited for Sabaton's Concert XR set tomorrow  :metal

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2020, 01:21:26 PM »

So 3:30PM EST for me... which is good.  Just watched john 5, who I think is an awesome dude on the wacken stream. Before Blind Guardian is Beyond the Black so I might check them out too, should be a good afternoon of music on that stream especially for a dark and dreary rainy day here.

oh shit its starting soon. Just saw this.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2020, 01:22:40 PM »
Really enjoying Beyond the Black's set

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2020, 01:34:43 PM »
Hopefully background singers as with Demons and Wizards but I sincerely doubt they will take that approach.

That should have been basically their first priority for live shows considering the kind of music they play.

Tuned in right now, interview running.... I want a concert!

Rage btw played in an ancient cave and that was a totally badass scenario!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2020, 01:37:11 PM »
we're going into Middle Earth guys
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2020, 01:42:28 PM »
we're going into Middle Earth guys

take me away  :lol

My stream has sadly started jittering a lot since BG came on  >:(

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2020, 01:43:25 PM »
 :lol the virtual crowd cheering at the appropriate moments to Hansi talking

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2020, 01:45:27 PM »
Haha, yes.

So far so good  :metal Into The Storm was tight.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2020, 01:47:51 PM »
:lol the virtual crowd cheering at the appropriate moments to Hansi talking

I don't know if to  :lol or to  :facepalm: but.... either this or nothing at all... I'll take it!

Curious to see what Blind Guardian will play because they haven't toured in years and, well, there is no crowd, so some songs will be a very different experience.

Judging from the first two songs, I assume it's gonna be a safe set full of stuff they know how to play in their sleep by now.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2020, 01:49:57 PM »
Curious to see what Blind Guardian will play because they haven't toured in years and, well, there is no crowd, so some songs will be a very different experience.

Judging from the first two songs, I assume it's gonna be a safe set full of stuff they know how to play in their sleep by now.

Yup, I'm thinking this may be kind of a "best of" set and we won't get any deep cuts.  Hansi already said they weren't expecting to perform at all in 2020 so I'm not sure they are going to dig deep so quickly to learn some songs again. 

and the third song is another old school classic.  I really do hope they play some newer songs though.