Author Topic: Streaming Concert Schedule - Voyager  (Read 12433 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »
Check some of them out - you don't have much to lose. :P  I haven't really gotten into IQ but I will give their live stream a listen at some point and see if they work better for me live - that happens sometimes.

Ytse - if you have more details about Fish on Friday I'll add it to the list.

Not really into those bands listed so far. (I am into the Dropkick Murphy's and will be watching that.)  Already tried IQ and I'm not doing that again.

Closest I can come is this:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/derek.dick

It's on his facebook page. He's eight episodes in. If you're not already a fan there probably isn't much here that would make you one. I've wanted him to take this idea on the road (or at least the US (Double bill with Rollins) for YEARS now and to get to watch this on my computer after dinner every Friday is just so cool.

OK when someone mentioned Fish on Friday, I googled it and there's a band by that name.  :lol  But I couldn't find info for their live stream... :)

Added this and the other new ones to the list.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - Clutch today 05-27
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2020, 10:02:46 AM »
Evergrey just announced a live stream June 27th, I don't see a time of day though.  It is free with the option to donate.

Offline SoundscapeMN

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - Clutch today 05-27
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »
Imogen Heap is doing a sweet improvisation performance on YouTube and Instagram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGdjRwbQDx8
https://www.instagram.com/imogenheap/live/

Offline Lethean

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - lots and lots of shows on 05-29
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2020, 09:41:13 PM »
Added them both.

Looking forward to Evergrey.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2020, 01:55:13 AM »
The OP needed a link for Dropkick Murphys' concert.... here it comes:

https://www.facebook.com/DropkickMurphys/posts/10161264939294988
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2020, 06:00:33 AM »
Not a live stream obviously, But the mighty Zep will be streaming their 2007 "Celebration Day" reunion show on YouTube from 5/30 - 6/1.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/led-zeppelin-celebration-day-youtube-stream-1005625/

Offline Lethean

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - lots and lots of shows TODAY 05-29
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2020, 10:26:08 AM »
Added the new stuff.  :)

Reminder that there's a lot of stuff today for anyone interested. 

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 11:25:59 AM »
Ensiferum, 10th of july, 9,50 euros.
https://www.lippu.fi/en/artist/ensiferum/

Bought a ticket for Sonata Artica tonight, as it was a show I originally wanted to see last year and generally enjoy acoustic stuff. Considering Leprous this weekend and maybe Clutch if it is still online.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2020, 05:08:30 AM »
Dropkick Murphys playing in an empty stadio and distanced on the baseball field, dressed with the shirts of the team.... wow, that was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKjXqQ3JVI8

In these days of working from home I'm exploring their entire catalogue, I'm listening to all their albums. They played in February few days before hell broke loose in my town, but I didn't really know the band and I didn't feel like paying for a concert where I would know only three songs, so I tried (in vain) to win the ticket online and failed so I didn't go. But next time they'll come I guess I'll be ready!

Irish rock / folk is not my favorite genre, but it's the one that most gets me going live. It's so nice and addictive to see everyone happily dancing and singing along.

Oh, and Bruce Springsteen was a guest, too  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Silent Man

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2020, 08:39:31 AM »
Thanks for posting these links!

On the matter of streaming - everyone has predicted that the time of DVDs and Blue-rays is over and will soon be forgotten. I have taken notice and have been looking for a site that offers streaming in HD and no ads, with a large volume of genres /bands, something like Spotify with DVD contents. Everything from classical, jazz, rock, prog to death metal.

Is there such a site? I've been searching, but haven't found a good one. I don't mind paying, of course. The possibility to download would also be nice.

Anyone?

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2020, 10:49:36 AM »

On the matter of streaming - everyone has predicted that the time of DVDs and Blue-rays is over and will soon be forgotten. I have taken notice and have been looking for a site that offers streaming in HD and no ads, with a large volume of genres /bands, something like Spotify with DVD contents. Everything from classical, jazz, rock, prog to death metal.

Is there such a site? I've been searching, but haven't found a good one. I don't mind paying, of course. The possibility to download would also be nice.

Anyone?

Qello perhaps?

https://qello.com/

You can look at the current library at the browsing tab and decide if it is worth checking out. As with services like Netflix, it is better to just browse and look what is interesting rather than searching for something specific. It seems to be a case of a little bit of everything, but not something comprehensive for any genre.

Offline Silent Man

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »

Anyone?

Qello perhaps?

https://qello.com/

You can look at the current library at the browsing tab and decide if it is worth checking out. As with services like Netflix, it is better to just browse and look what is interesting rather than searching for something specific. It seems to be a case of a little bit of everything, but not something comprehensive for any genre.

Thx, I’ll give it a try!

Offline Lethean

Really enjoyed the Sonata Arctica streams and they'll be available for 48 hours each. 

Just added Felipe Andreoli playing Temple of Shadows on his youtube channel in a few hours.

Online HOF

Fernando Perdomo kicking it now over at the Cruise to the Edge Facebook page!

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story.php?story_fbid=633634014029365&id=490557914301403

Online HOF

Really great stuff from Fernando so far! The King Crimson on classical guitar stuff is really cool. Guy just oozes talent.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Ooh. I checked out his new album a couple months ago, some really tasty stuff on there. I like his playing.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online HOF

Those Out to Sea albums are great, especially the first one. But I also really like his singer-songwriter stuff. He comes out with a new album about every 6 weeks it seems.

Offline Lethean

Leprous soon - just a little excited for this one :)

Offline Lethean

The Leprous performance was totally awesome.  Lots of energy and it looked and sounded great.

Cramx3, 425, and I are going to watch the Katatonia stream tomorrow (Monday, 06-01) at 9 pm EST.  If anyone wants to join in, let us know. :)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - Amorphis June 3rd and 4th
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2020, 07:23:23 AM »
Due to (thankfully minor) unexpected life events I unfortunately had to miss Leprous, hope they will release it in some way in the future!

Offline Lethean

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »
Leprous is still available - they don't say for how long but you can still follow the link and sign up to watch it for now.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2020, 10:12:54 PM »
Bump for the Amorphis fans.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2020, 10:36:28 AM »
Watching Amo tomorrow, and I finally caught Insomnium. I am writing live reports for everything I'm watching and I'm struggling to write one that isn't just "I would die for Jani Liimatainen" x 200  :lol the chat afterwards was great too.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »
Jani is  :heart :heart
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2020, 11:06:32 AM »
Here's a biggie for me, not this week, but 1-week from tomorrow on Thursday June 11th.

NEVERENDING WHITE LIGHTS

https://jujulive.ca/live/bF3LmB2fetCXvCact5Fl/

it is $3, which I have no problem paying right now given I have never seen NWL live and their music seems to be resonating with a lot with everything going on of late.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2020, 11:08:41 AM »
Jani is  :heart :heart

Two Jani moments during the chat:

1) When Markus said "we played some old songs, and we also played, you know", and started singing the riff of While We Sleep, and Jani said "that could be any Insomnium song" ;D he's right , I really had to rule out about half a dozen songs in my head when I thought about it!
2) When someone asked him if he prefers Tony Kakko or Timo Kotipelto and he said "like... I would like more specs as to... what? Timo is a better kisser, but..."  :lol and then made it even worse when the guys stopped laughing:"I like them both, but in a very different way" :rollin actual boyfriends, confirmed.

I had no idea that a pair of Niilo's pants is in the Joensuu city museum, and when they talked about the video for The Elder, I realized I had never seen it. How did I miss that, literally the funniest shit ever.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:13:54 AM by MoraWintersoul »

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2020, 10:30:08 PM »
I added the NWL show and some Enslaved shows to the list as well.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2020, 03:31:34 PM »
Battle Beast just announced a live stream (from their facebook)
Battle Beast - Worldwide Live Stream
27.6.2020 showtime 20:00 (EET)
From Kulttuuritalo, Helsinki (House Of Culture)
Tickets 9,90€ / 15,90€: https://bit.ly/bb-stream-concert

Standard Ticket 9,90€ - incl. the access to watch the gig for 7 days
Fan Ticket 15,90€ - includes the access to watch the gig for 7 days + meet & greet chat session with the band
https://bit.ly/bb-stream-concert

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2020, 09:35:54 AM »
Amorphis was so good. That's all.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2020, 07:19:16 PM »
I added Battle Beast to the list.

Glad Amorphis was great.  :)  I've seen them live twice and I like some of what they do.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2020, 08:41:55 AM »
This weekend is a big Download Festival stream:

https://downloadfestival.co.uk/news-features/download-tv-schedule-announcement?utm_campaign=dltv&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=7

This is Friday-Sunday and will include performances from Kiss, Iron Maiden, and System of a Down (they are each night's headliners) as well as others.  I don't see a detailed schedule, but there's going to be lots of content from Download this weekend.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2020, 11:38:45 AM »
Glad Amorphis was great.  :)  I've seen them live twice and I like some of what they do.
I'm glad you like them! To expand on it a little bit, it was a very balanced setlist that just highlighted the best of everything. I'm a "new Amorphis" fan but I got the most hyped for the Tales/Elegy slots, it was just so groovy and tight in the best way, and the lights/setting were exquisite.

Offline Lethean

Re: Streaming Concert Schedule - Neverending White Lights today
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2020, 08:31:33 AM »
Neverending White Lights today.

I also added the Download stream information.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2020, 10:15:01 AM »
I dont believe the download festival will be live or new videos though, I seem to be unable to easily find info for timings and whatnot, but reairing older broadcasts isn't terribly interesting to me.

Today they are doing a live stream of the Megadeth/Lamb of God/Trivium/In Flames tour that was cancelled this summer but also all sets will be old recordings.  It's better than nothing, but none of this makes me feel like it's much watch TV/stream. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2020, 10:25:59 AM »
Well, one of my favorites, Switchfoot, usually have an annual festival around this time at a beach in the San Diego area, raising money for charity.  Since there's no way to ensure safety in large audiences, they are still going to host the festival, but they are doing a live stream for it.  I might as well buy a ticket.  It's $11.00.  The line-up looks all right to me and the net proceeds goes towards charity.