Author Topic: Streaming Concert Schedule - Voyager  (Read 12431 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Streaming Concert Schedule
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2020, 01:50:32 PM »
I wish they would boost the volume. I have my laptop speakers at full blast.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2020, 01:51:58 PM »
I wish they would boost the volume. I have my laptop speakers at full blast.

Yea, I think it's a bit low too

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2020, 01:53:32 PM »
What I do like about this year of streaming is that the sound tends to be very clear and you can really hear the artists playing. Makes sense, as they are in a studio environment. But at least 2020 has given us many cool studio live sets.

:lol the virtual crowd cheering at the appropriate moments to Hansi talking

I don't know if to  :lol or to  :facepalm: but.... either this or nothing at all... I'll take it!

Curious to see what Blind Guardian will play because they haven't toured in years and, well, there is no crowd, so some songs will be a very different experience.

Judging from the first two songs, I assume it's gonna be a safe set full of stuff they know how to play in their sleep by now.

Yeah, thus far that seems their approach. Would love some out there songs, but I can't complain either, as I do love all these songs and they are playing very well.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »
play Ashes To Ashes you cowards
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
Really enjoying Beyond the Black's set

I was cooking while it was on, but I really dug what I heard. Wasn't familiar with them, will check them out.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2020, 01:56:55 PM »
Did the guy in charge of changing the background go for a piss or a beer? it's three songs that there's the Tales from the Twilight World background  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2020, 01:57:21 PM »

lol good luck getting that

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2020, 02:02:29 PM »
BTW, this is the beauty of the bands that are with you since your youth, and that you listen since so many years. I'm currently not listening to their albums, I'm too fed up with all the overplayed classics  and want to hear newer (or rarer) stuff, but here I am singing along to I'm Alive just from muscle memory and enjoying the hell out of it  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2020, 02:02:56 PM »
Yeah, Hansi said speed metal at the beginning, and thus far they are delivering on that premise. I feel I'm Alive is at least not that common. Never seen that one myself at least.

Also, Hansi is singing a lot more notes in original/higher key than he usually does  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2020, 02:06:23 PM »
Yeah, Hansi said speed metal at the beginning, and thus far they are delivering on that premise. I feel I'm Alive is at least not that common. Never seen that one myself at least.

Also, Hansi is singing a lot more notes in original/higher key than he usually does  :metal

Yea, I'm Alive is definitely the closest to a deep cut but they did the whole Imaginations album on their last tour so it's not that far fetched.  But actually I don't think of the 3 times I've seen BG, they've played Lost in the Twilight hall which is a song I really like even though it's not a deep cut :metal

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2020, 02:09:00 PM »
Well, new song! Let's see  ;D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2020, 02:09:13 PM »
Wow a new song?!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2020, 02:10:29 PM »
Well, I think they were/are recording a new album this summer, so it makes sense they can play them.

Sounds good thus far :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2020, 02:11:40 PM »
Good timing too as we were all talking about playing something more rare, and we get a new song debut.  Yea, sounds good so far too  :metal

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2020, 02:14:45 PM »
....did my old computer just freezed up and rebooted as soon as they were playing a new song!?!!?!?  :facepalm:

Uh well, I can always go back and listen to it later in full, I turned back the computer on and I was like "...uh.... what's this song? OMG IT'S A NEW ONE!!!"  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2020, 02:15:30 PM »
....did my old computer just freezed up and rebooted as soon as they were playing a new song!?!!?!?  :facepalm:

Uh well, I can always go back and listen to it later in full, I turned back the computer on and I was like "...uh.... what's this song? OMG IT'S A NEW ONE!!!"  :lol

Yea, new song Violent Shadows, was pretty solid and ended with an awesome Hansi scream and then went right into Born in a Mourning Hall

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2020, 02:17:21 PM »
I really enjoyed the new song, some very nice guitar work as well.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2020, 02:20:28 PM »
"now for some classics"

Isn't that what they have been doing for the past 45 minute save for one song :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2020, 02:21:18 PM »
VALHALLA
DELIVERANCE
WHY YOU'VE EVER FORGOTTEN ME

:metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2020, 02:21:58 PM »
"now for some classics"

Isn't that what they have been doing for the past 45 minute save for one song :lol

:rollin play one song from the last 20 years and then say this

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2020, 02:25:40 PM »

lol good luck getting that

I've been saying it for 15 years and even though it'll never happen I'll never stop saying it :getoffmylawn: it's better than half the songs they usually play
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2020, 02:27:25 PM »
"saddest Valhalla"

:sadpanda:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2020, 02:29:47 PM »
"saddest Valhalla"

And also shortest, they've never been able to keep the outro that short, with the crowds chanting the chorus and going on until Hansi has to cut them all off  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2020, 02:35:40 PM »
"saddest Valhalla"

And also shortest, they've never been able to keep the outro that short, with the crowds chanting the chorus and going on until Hansi has to cut them all off  :lol

Honestly, that was very refreshing to just end the song and not keep going and going with that.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2020, 02:39:33 PM »
Hearing Hansi sing the Live version of the chorus of Mirror Mirror again is nice, wish he kept doing that. Anyways, nice little concert, enjoyed it  ;D

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2020, 02:43:17 PM »
Anyways, nice little concert, enjoyed it  ;D

Indeed! I was hoping for 90 minutes and I'm surprised they did without Imaginations or Nightfall or even The Bard's Song, but hey, it's a free streamed concert during a worldwide misery and concerts draught, a nice selection of good ol' f'kin rocking Blind Guardian music is always welcomed!  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2020, 02:49:30 PM »
Yea, hard to really complain. They brought the metal and only metal.  Gave us a new song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ts51TeDsQw) and it was a fun hour of experiencing something different. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2020, 02:51:44 PM »
I would not have complained if they had swapped Valhalla for The Bard's Song.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2020, 03:00:52 PM »
I really enjoyed that.  Wouldn't have minded a few more songs and a few newer ones, but still.  It was fun to watch.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2020, 03:12:22 PM »
I might be watching my Imaginations Through the Looking Glass DVD tonight after watching that

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2020, 03:16:46 PM »
I might be watching my Imaginations Through the Looking Glass DVD tonight after watching that

The DVD I ruined by singing Valhalla very off key in front of the camera, as immortalized in the bonus disc  ;D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2020, 03:17:52 PM »

The DVD I ruined by singing Valhalla very off key in front of the camera, as immortalized in the bonus disc  ;D

:lol timestamp so I can find this?  :lol

At least you aren't the couple totally making out during And Then There Was Silence

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »
Uh, I can't totally remember, I should plug it in to watch it again... it was during the footage of the walking around during the campsite,  on the bonus second disc, I had an italian flag in hand so my nationality gave me away  ;D

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2020, 03:45:05 PM »
Watched Ross The Boss doing some Manowar tunes, sounded pretty cool actually.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2020, 04:45:24 PM »
Yea, hard to really complain. They brought the metal and only metal.  Gave us a new song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ts51TeDsQw) and it was a fun hour of experiencing something different.

Well damn, the video is blocked already. Was it good at least?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.