Author Topic: Puppies' Black Metal Album of the Week (Featuring Voidsphere)  (Read 15109 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
There is an angry toilet backing up and someone is hitting a very large tupperware a lot.

:lol :lol :lol
omg :lol
I genuinely LoL'd at this  :rollin

Based solely on this, I must hear this album now.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
There is an angry toilet backing up and someone is hitting a very large tupperware a lot.

:lol :lol :lol
omg :lol
I genuinely LoL'd at this  :rollin

Based solely on this, I must hear this album now.
Please do join in on the fun Mr. Sheik! :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I listened to the first song while watching this video:metal
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

• DTF.org Member
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Is it a common feature of atmospheric black metal to have an abundance of (what I call) white noise? It's challenging, but not to difficult to get past.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Is it a common feature of atmospheric black metal to have an abundance of (what I call) white noise? It's challenging, but not to difficult to get past.
I wonder what it would sound like if you used white-noise removing software on atmospheric black metal. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
I would say about 50/50. This album admittedly is a bit on the noisy side. The next album to be featured is going to be much less noisy, but more dissonant, if that makes sense.  :P

I wonder what it would sound like if you used white-noise removing software on atmospheric black metal. :lol
:lol Audacity might have a plugin for that...
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
:lol Audacity might have a plugin for that...
Looks like it does have a "Noise reduction" feature.

Now I just need to download some ABM to try it on. :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
OK, so I'm glad I didn't quit on this album because it ends really strong. The two best tracks are Fallen and the long May Whatever Cleanses Me Take Form. MWCMTF is pretty cool, with lots of different and most importantly identifiable parts. It gets messy about the 10 minute mark for a bit, but it settles in nicely before it ends.
A Mirror Of Life is a nice enough instrumental. A kind of like "thanking my ears for listening and decompressing my eardrums"  final track.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I gave the album a listen last night and I liked it. Despite the whole "white noise" thing the sound is generally pretty strong and works well.

I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
OK, so I'm glad I didn't quit on this album because it ends really strong. The two best tracks are Fallen and the long May Whatever Cleanses Me Take Form. MWCMTF is pretty cool, with lots of different and most importantly identifiable parts. It gets messy about the 10 minute mark for a bit, but it settles in nicely before it ends.
A Mirror Of Life is a nice enough instrumental. A kind of like "thanking my ears for listening and decompressing my eardrums"  final track.
Nice! :metal I'm glad you found something to like on this album.

I gave the album a listen last night and I liked it. Despite the whole "white noise" thing the sound is generally pretty strong and works well.
Shouldn't you be listening to about 6 hours of other music?  :biggrin: Just kidding, Glad you liked it :kvlt:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Shouldn't you be listening to about 6 hours of other music?  :biggrin:
More like 7 hours this round! :P

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I need to finish listening to this...right after I finish listening to the whiny shit you sent Ale in his roulette.  :lol

• DTF.org Member
I need to finish listening to this...right after I finish listening to the whiny shit you sent Ale in his roulette.  :lol
I sent him whiny music? Oh, you mean Arcane....  :lol

I mean, I could send him more black metal, but I kind of want to win, so....  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Midnight Odyssey has a new album that I'll hear in the next couple days. I will be comparing it to your next album here  :) :corn :natalieportman:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

• DTF.org Member
Midnight Odyssey has a new album that I'll hear in the next couple days. I will be comparing it to your next album here  :) :corn :natalieportman:
If you are talking about Ruins of a Celestial Fire, that album is completely ambient. There's no metal.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
yeah, i don't think biolume 2 is out yet and the "new" one is sleep music party people

• DTF.org Member
yeah, i don't think biolume 2 is out yet and the "new" one is sleep music relaxed people
ftfy
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
If you are talking about Ruins of a Celestial Fire, that album is completely ambient. There's no metal.

Sounds like your next album has competition then :neverusethis: :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

• DTF.org Member

Sounds like your next album has competition then :neverusethis: :lol
Ooh, shots fired.  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I just looked and it isn't on Spotify anyway.  :(

• DTF.org Member
It's free on Midnight Odyssey's bandcamp page https://midnightodyssey.bandcamp.com/album/ruins-of-a-celestial-fire
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
It's free on Midnight Odyssey's bandcamp page https://midnightodyssey.bandcamp.com/album/ruins-of-a-celestial-fire

Yay! Not being too familiar with them I tossed them 5 USD for it :) I'd feel bad taking it for free..

• DTF.org Member
How's everyone doing on this album?

Looking forward to the next one already I'm sure  :)
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I've been prioritising my roulette so only gave it the one listen (which will likely be the case each week), but will definitely come back to it later on for another listen or two.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't like it and I'm waiting for the next. Just being honest :lol

• DTF.org Member
Fair points all around.    :)
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i spun it once and i thought it was pretty good, seemed a lot more diverse than most ABM too
i also was expecting way worse production from what other people were saying lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I've spun it twice but I don't remember much of it when it's finished. Admittedly, I was a bit distracted from simultaneously watching Doom Eternal play-throughs...although, it is strangely appropriate.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:11:56 AM by Podaar »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
i spun it once and i thought it was pretty good, seemed a lot more diverse than most ABM too
Yeah that's a good point, I think that's something I quite liked about it as well.

i also was expecting way worse production from what other people were saying lol
I think that was mainly Podaar, my comments in reply were about ABM in general as I hadn't listened to it at that point, and once I did I similarly commented that the sound was pretty good.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't agree with the diversity comment at all. Over half the record is just straight-up harsh black metal noise, hardly diverse imo. *shrug* Looking forward to what the ol Pupster's got in his bag of goodies this weekend though.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
that's why i specified "diverse for ABM"  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
that's why i specified "diverse for ABM"  :lol

I mean, I'm still fairly new to ABM but I've heard a lot of ABM that's way more diverse than that.  :lol *shrug* Tastes.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I think that was mainly Podaar, my comments in reply were about ABM in general as I hadn't listened to it at that point, and once I did I similarly commented that the sound was pretty good.

To try and clarify, I wasn't trying to imply the production was shit (it's not) it was the deliberate choice of having instrumentation that goes "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH". That's what I meant by "white noise".

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I've spun it twice but I don't remember much of it when it's finished. Admittedly, I was a bit distracted from simultaneously watching Doom Eternal play-throughs...although, it is strangely appropriate.

What is a Doom Eternal playthrough?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol