ariich’s inclusive roulette (v6) – EPic final results!

Started by ariich, May 01, 2020, 03:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the max number of artists in the EP round be increased from 4 to 5?

Yes that would be much better and Cyril is very attractive.
3 (14.3%)
No that's a terrible idea, Cyril should be stoned.
5 (23.8%)
Whatever.
13 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 08, 2020, 03:08:19 PM

The Walrus

Quote from: ariich on May 14, 2020, 10:18:25 AM
New rule: Every Spongebob reference knocks 0.5 points off your score.

This roulette administration is CORRUPT!  :lol

King Postwhore

The Walrus

King Postwhore

Elite

I listened to Light of Day, Day of Darkness today. It was a lot better than I remembered it being. The saxophone & vocals part was gorgeous. Pretty sure the only reason the last minute exists is to take the song over an hour.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Elite on May 14, 2020, 11:57:15 AM
I listened to Light of Day, Day of Darkness today. It was a lot better than I remembered it being. The saxophone & vocals part was gorgeous. Pretty sure the only reason the last minute exists is to take the song over an hour.

Pretty sure there is no need to preface that last sentence with "pretty sure".

ariich

So lads, I've been thinking about this particular point from my OP:

Quote from: ariich on May 01, 2020, 03:46:15 PM
Rounds: Seven regular rounds, and I'm toying with doing a more fun final round (curious to see how Indi's royal rumble goes) but I will seek views from participants once we start.

Alex's royal rumble has been far more insane and brilliant than any of us could have hoped for, and trying to attempt anything even vaguely similar would just be feeble really (especially so soon after his). And the other idea I was considering was a playoff cup alongside the main rounds, but I think that would be too confusing. I might do something like that in a future roulette which would be focused on fun, but I think I'd prefer to keep this one relatively simple and focused on everyone being equally involved.

So I think my preference is for an eighth and final round to be either:
- another regular round like the others;
- an EP round where you can use multiple artists; or
- go all out and do an album round with all 22 of you.

Thoughts?

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 06:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 07:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Crow

Evermind

Buddyhunter1

Quote from: Evermind on May 14, 2020, 02:05:56 PM
EP round would be fine as far as I'm concerned.

This. If you are going to do an album round you need to let us know ASAP so I can set one aside for it. :lol

The Walrus

King Postwhore

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 14, 2020, 02:13:38 PM
Quote from: Evermind on May 14, 2020, 02:05:56 PM
EP round would be fine as far as I'm concerned.

This. If you are going to do an album round you need to let us know ASAP so I can set one aside for it. :lol
Absolutely, that's entirely why I want to get people's thoughts now so people have plenty of time to prepare.

However, EP round seems to be proving popular so far, and it also occurs to me that I've never actually done one before (my last roulette had a greatest hits and concept album round which were both full-length. and all my previous roulettes were just albums or songs).

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 06:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Evermind

I don't think I've ever done any EPs in your roulettes, yeah, so I'm looking forward to that!

King Postwhore

wolfking

Quote from: Elite on May 14, 2020, 11:57:15 AM

Oh yeah of course.  The music box shuts right at the 60:00 minute mark from memory.

The Walrus

romdrums

Quote from: Kattelox on May 14, 2020, 03:05:06 PM
Quote from: kingshmegland on May 14, 2020, 02:29:20 PM
Katt will do a Sponge Bob themed EP.

Don't think I won't.

Hehe.  At my job, we break the sales floor down into "neighborhoods" to build teamwork, community, etc.  We change them up every year to keep things interesting and also to help us become more familiar with our ever growing department.  This last go around, one of the guys in my neighborhood has a pineapple print suit that he wears occasionally, and it's pretty sweet looking, so I named our neighborhood "In a Pineapple Suit Under the Sea." 

LordCost

I would vote for album round, but I think EP option already won

The Walrus

romdrums:  :lol that's great!

I'd vote for albums but uhh I really question whether or not our lovely host would be up for 22 albums in a single round especially after all the rounds beforehand so I'm sticking to EPs. Like, knowing the lengths of some albums people would choose here, we're talking potentially over an entire day's worth of music in that one round.

King Postwhore

ariich

Quote from: Kattelox on May 14, 2020, 03:41:25 PM
Like, knowing the lengths of some albums people would choose here, we're talking potentially over an entire day's worth of music in that one round.
Shit, good point. :lol

I'm liking the idea of EPs, and it'll be new for me.

Elite

Better have those rules ready then.. maybe also for bands we might send again? Use the TAC rule in some way. After 7 rounds of 22 different artists sent, with an already large banned list, there's going to be some disappointing EPs

ariich

Yeah the TAC rule will definitely be in place, it's a great rule. Rounds 1 and 2 would be out, but round 3 onwards could be available if pre-committed, as it were.

ariich

Round 2 comparisons

Ok, comparisons to round 1 based on tentative ratings, which are subject to change with final listens when I'm doing write-ups. Most I'm pretty certain about, but some that are close or currently equal could shift a bit.

Ordered by Round 1 ranking.

Evermind v
Train v
Katt v
lonestar v
TAC v
Luoto v
wolfking =
king v
Nekov v
jingle ^
Elite ^
Buddy ^
Cyril =
Sacul v
romdrums ^
Shadow v
Indi ^
Puppies ^
Lethean ^
Stadler ^
Tomi ^
LordCost ^

EDIT: Oh and I should add that, on tentative ratings, this round has an identical average score to the last one. :lol

Buddyhunter1

Elite

Indiscipline

Crow

The Walrus

Nekov

Sacul

Sacul

Crow

Indiscipline