Poll

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE song!

Dreamline
0 (0%)
Bravado
0 (0%)
Roll The Bones
7 (43.8%)
Where's My Thing? (Part IV "Gangster Of Boats" Trilogy)
3 (18.8%)
Ghost Of A Chance
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 17, 2020, 04:08:02 PM

Author Topic: Rush Survivor 2020 - Roll The Bones - Round 6  (Read 980 times)

Offline The Letter M

Rush Survivor 2020 - Roll The Bones - Round 6
« on: April 15, 2020, 04:08:02 PM »
Roll The Bones
Dreamline
Bravado
Roll The Bones
Where's My Thing? (Part IV "Gangster Of Boats" Trilogy)
Ghost Of A Chance

Round 5's Results
Roll The Bones 4 (23.5%)
The Big Wheel 10 (58.8%)
Ghost Of A Chance 3 (17.6%)

06. The Big Wheel
07. Heresy
08. Neurotica
09. Face Up
10. You Bet Your Life

The Big Wheel rolls out into 6th place as we reach the halfway point of the survivor! Weirdly enough, the Top 5 songs are the only five songs from this album that they ever played live, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it, or if it's purely a coincidence...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jammindude

Re: Rush Survivor 2020 - Roll The Bones - Round 6
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 04:17:57 PM »
They just knew it was the only good material here. 

Think I'll go with Ghost.   It's OK.   More tolerable than the stuff that already went out.   But I think the last 4 past that are definitely the strongest.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 04:48:53 PM »
Title track.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 06:25:00 PM »
Ghost

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 08:14:38 PM »
Title track

Honestly though, the first two tracks are the only ones I care about on this album.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 07:30:58 AM »
Where's My Thing?

The other 4 are my top 4, by a considerable margin.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 08:05:05 AM »
WMT
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 10:01:53 AM »
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 10:34:47 AM »

Honestly though, the first two tracks are the only ones I care about on this album.

There aren't any songs I care about on this album.  All I really care about is that the awful title track doesn't advance.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 03:17:01 PM »

There aren't any songs I care about on this album.  All I really care about is that the awful title track doesn't advance.

You still don't seem like a Rush fan to me.  If you don't care about any songs on this album, then why are you trolling the poll?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline jammindude

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 03:21:43 PM »
He’s a Rush fan...just not of this era of the band.

He and I agree very little on what songs are great by Rush...but I don’t want him to not participate. His opinion is as valid as anyone else’s.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online DTA

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 03:22:47 PM »
Ghost...the weakest of the bunch imo. I think The Big Wheel is better than this one

Offline pg1067

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »

You still don't seem like a Rush fan to me.  If you don't care about any songs on this album, then why are you trolling the poll?

I'm guessing you don't have a good handle on what "trolling" means.  I'm also guessing you haven't paid any attention to my innumerable comments that demonstrate how much I love Rush as a whole.  While I am a fan, I am not a sycophant or the sort of person who, when asked, "what's your favorite Rush song," will respond with "ALL OF THEM!"  I do not believe every Rush song is great and, as a fan, I don't have a problem voicing my opinions.  Is that a difficult concept for you to understand?

As far as my prior comment, let me elaborate.  I actively dislike the song "Roll the Bones."  I think it's awful and I care that it not advance tot he next round.  Beyond that, I think the songs on the album Roll the Bones are all pretty meh, and I don't have particularly strong feelings (i.e., I don't really care) about the order in which they finish or which 3 songs (other than the title track) move on in this survivor.  If you think that means I shouldn't vote or comment on the album, then all I can say is too bad and that I disagree.

He’s a Rush fan...just not of this era of the band.

He and I agree very little on what songs are great by Rush...but I don’t want him to not participate. His opinion is as valid as anyone else’s.

I think we agree more than you think.  For example, I think we agree that RTB is Rush's weakest album.  However, the areas of disagreement tend to get more discussion simply because I don't think either one of us places much value on, "yeah, man, Hemispheres is AWESOME!!!"  I don't think we're ever going to agree on something like "Territories," but your perspective has caused me more than once to reconsider my thinking.  Even if I ultimately do not change my opinion, that's a valuable thing.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2020, 02:35:44 AM »
As much as I respect people's dislike towards the title track, I voted for Ghost of a change in an attempt to keep the title track in the game for at least another round. I absolutely love it.  :heart

Offline SleeperAwake

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 03:33:17 AM »
Where's My Thing?

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 09:58:26 AM »

I'm guessing you don't have a good handle on what "trolling" means.  I'm also guessing you haven't paid any attention to my innumerable comments that demonstrate how much I love Rush as a whole.  While I am a fan, I am not a sycophant or the sort of person who, when asked, "what's your favorite Rush song," will respond with "ALL OF THEM!"  I do not believe every Rush song is great and, as a fan, I don't have a problem voicing my opinions.  Is that a difficult concept for you to understand?

As far as my prior comment, let me elaborate.  I actively dislike the song "Roll the Bones."  I think it's awful and I care that it not advance tot he next round.  Beyond that, I think the songs on the album Roll the Bones are all pretty meh, and I don't have particularly strong feelings (i.e., I don't really care) about the order in which they finish or which 3 songs (other than the title track) move on in this survivor.  If you think that means I shouldn't vote or comment on the album, then all I can say is too bad and that I disagree.

Of course I understand the concept of voicing opinions, do you?  I voiced my opinion by saying, "You don't seem like a Rush fan to me."  Regardless if you actually are.  Most of your comments are always negative.  You clearly stated that you don't like any of the songs on this album.  In my "voiced" opinion, voting seems rather pointless and could possibly have a tendency to skew the results.  You're only here to make sure one song doesn't advance?  That could be considered a form of trolling.  But, that's just my opinion and I don't have a problem voicing it.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 03:39:47 PM »
Of course I understand the concept of voicing opinions, do you?  I voiced my opinion by saying, "You don't seem like a Rush fan to me."  Regardless if you actually are.  Most of your comments are always negative.  You clearly stated that you don't like any of the songs on this album.  In my "voiced" opinion, voting seems rather pointless and could possibly have a tendency to skew the results.  You're only here to make sure one song doesn't advance?  That could be considered a form of trolling.  But, that's just my opinion and I don't have a problem voicing it.

Well...I guess you'll just have to accept voting for "least favorite" sometimes encompasses actual dislike and that not everyone negative opinions are just as valid as positive opinions.

FWIW, I'm done with this little debate.