Author Topic: I'm being Black Mailed  (Read 4872 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: I'm being Black Mailed
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2020, 04:23:15 PM »
Years ago, someone prank called my home phone and scared my wife.  So I *69'd the caller, got his number, looked up his address, and then called him back, chewed him out and then told him I knew where he lived and gave him his address.

I scared the living crap out of the guy.  Justice was sooooooooo sweet that day  :lol.

You should definately do something similar to this guy.

hang on....what?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2020, 05:14:45 PM »
I think that's an American thing. I've no idea what is that and I asked my father and he has no idea what is that.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2020, 05:44:24 PM »
Before the days of caller ID, if someone prank called you, if you dialed *-6-9, it would dial them back.  People used to refer to it as "star-six-nine" or "star-sixty-nine."  :tick:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2020, 05:47:24 PM »
Before the days of caller ID, if someone prank called you, if you dialed *-6-9, it would dial them back.  People used to refer to it as "star-six-nine" or "star-sixty-nine."  :tick:

Even on rotary phones? Did you actually have * or # on rotary phones? Because I know we Russians didn't, it was just from 1 to 0.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2020, 05:48:07 PM »
No you couldn't do it on rotary phones. It didn't come out until touchtone.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2020, 05:50:05 PM »
I feel like I'm TAC in this thread.

Touchtone?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »
Push buttons. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2020, 05:59:31 PM »
 :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »
Uh, Tim... what happened to you long standing “claim” that you couldn’t change your avatar?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2020, 06:27:59 PM »
Uh, Tim... what happened to you long standing “claim” that you couldn’t change your avatar?

For that matter, Tim, why have you not changed your other custom text to Judge Crankshaft yet?  :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2020, 06:31:21 PM »

So, a funny thing happened. I tried it and it worked. But I had to have Bosk change my personal text.

For some reason on my account, I can't make changes. I usually ask Bosk to do them. Like when I changed my sig, I had to have him do it for me. I don't like changing my avatar because I usually have trouble.

I have tried to change my avatar before and I have not been able to. But like I said, for some reason it worked.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2020, 07:43:51 PM »
I keep wondering if I should change my avatar one day.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2020, 09:14:57 PM »

So, a funny thing happened. I tried it and it worked. But I had to have Bosk change my personal text.

For some reason on my account, I can't make changes. I usually ask Bosk to do them. Like when I changed my sig, I had to have him do it for me. I don't like changing my avatar because I usually have trouble.

I have tried to change my avatar before and I have not been able to. But like I said, for some reason it worked.

<cough> bullshit <cough>
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2020, 07:13:47 AM »
Sounds like old man problems Tim.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2020, 12:56:52 PM »

<cough> bullshit <cough>

Nah, I don't bull shit. Unless I'm joking.

But that's total serious.